Masters Running

Tuesday 1/22/19 (Read 40 times)

SteveP

Coastwalker is quite the cut up. He opts for a rest day.

RunnerKSA gets 2.5 on the TM in the AM and 2.6 in the PM.

Tramps also plans a rest day as his heels need to heal.

Tom White pops in. He has an epiphany and develops a new routine at the Y.

Joe618 grinds or four miles on the company treadmill.

Holly hits the weights and works her core for 40 minutes.

AnneB mills out an early three.

Happy Doggies!  How's Taggy doing these days?

He's a chump. The cool weather has him bouncing like a pup when we're out.

Fatozzig is back at the grind at work. UGH. A few of us can relate.

Mrrun checks in with reviews of the fine arts.

Henrun worked his lungs and vocal chords, hits the cycle for 15 and the elliptical for 20 minutes..

Good afternoon everyone. Thanks for the recap - and pictures - Steve. Love those dogs! And nice mileage week for you. Are you training for anything right now?

A little 15K in Tampa in 31 days. It's the same location where DW and I got to meet Mr and Hen Run. It's also the last time I saw AAmos face to face. 

JLynne exhausts the Y's facilities for over two hours. Kudos!

Two Cat hits physical therapy and the recumbent bike for 40 minutes. Layers baby. Keep it loose. Consider a wind breaker over the entire ensemble.

Evanflein claims bragging rights with a Sunday 14 mile treadmill run. Well done! 53.3 miles for the week. She's logged 5.5 on the treadmill and is off to dance the night away.

Bioguy bundles up for a frozen 6.

Rochrunner gets three on the treadmill and looks out for the shut ins. <3.

Spacityrunner has a mountainesque 3.5.

Falconfixer gets in a brisk 7 miles.

Surly Bill kicks out 10 on the trails! BAM!

Deez4boyz has a Sunday and Monday 1.2

Tetsujin209 saves $$ on shoes and fitness. He spins into an excellent rating. Something we've known for some time now.

I knocked out 2 on the AM treadmill and 4 in the PM. Our temps got down to -16F. Layered up, it wasn't bad and I worked outside as much as possible.

Our new boss has to split his time between two stores until a replacement is found in Kalamazoo. A few months ago, one of the subcontracted installers showed up on a job site while drunk. Our flooring salesman had continued to use the guy. He showed up drunk again and did damage to a customer's home. Our new boss is deducting it out of the salesman's pay. Our #4 manager was gone all of last week without a word to any one. He shows up Monday like nothing happened. He was in jail for a week because of his 3rd drunk driving arrest. I didn't know he had a first one. I reached out to the guy. He indicated he has all the help he needs. A little after Thanksgiving, I told the guy that he reminds me a lot of me at the same age. He thanked me. I said it wasn't a compliment - that he's determined to learn every lesson the hardest way possible.

SteveP

Thanks, Steve.  That's a shame about your #4 manager.  That's a tough one and it looks like the lesson is not being learned....

1.1 treadmill miles this morning and heading to an early meeting at work.  Ugh.   Catch y'all later.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Dave59

It must be mid-January. I have the desire to chuck it all (work, family, running) to go sit in an isolated cabin and stare at the wall all day.

Instead, I went to the gym for a pretty short workout.  Just 35 minutes of ARC trainer and weights.

Now I am working, but I turned off instant messaging and email. No one can reach me. It's for their own good.

I don't mind my imaginary friends here on the forum because you don't ask me for anything.  

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Dave, I'm looking at a move to WV shortly.  Think you could maybe drop by and help me unload the truck?

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

anneb

Good morning folks. I didn’t feel like dealing with the frozen snowy mess that is my neighborhood, nor did I feel like running on the mill, so I went to the gym instead. 20 min on the elliptical, 20 min on the step mill and some quick core work. The step mill thing is just as hard as I remembered it 😁 It is the only thing that can get my heart rate up besides running faster, and I didn’t have the speed very high. I felt like I might die for the whole 20 minutes.

So so this afternoon it’s supposed to snow a few inches, followed by rising temps and rain and then ice as they drop. Ugh! Sounds ugly. Of course the ground is frozen and I don’t know where that rain is going to go (well maybe it will just freeze?) It doesn’t sound good at all 😑

Anne

Dave59

Dave, I'm looking at a move to WV shortly.  Think you could maybe drop by and help me unload the truck?

If there's is pizza I might stop by and supervise.

anneb

Sounds good to me! Except I'd pick a beach or somewhere warm and sunny.

It must be mid-January. I have the desire to chuck it all (work, family, running) to go sit in an isolated cabin and stare at the wall all day.

SteveP, that's a shame about your manager. It doesn't sound like he's grasped the seriousness there. I think that many of us could make that mistake once... 3x not so much.

Anne

You guys make me laugh! Thanks for the great start, and thanks for another recap Steve. Good luck with your training, and nice of you to reach out to your #4 manager. I hope he figures things out.

Twocat - did you find the right clothes?

It sounds like the storm is going to miss you anneb. We're in the swath of 6-8 inches, then below zero temps by the end of the week. And of course it's warming up by Erika. Isn't that the way the jet stream works?!

My workout was much like anneb's this morning, except I didn't make it 20 minutes on the high stepper, only 15. I did do 55 minutes on the elliptical though. I was headed into the weight room and all of a sudden there were paramedics headed to the racquetball court area. One of my dear friends started having chest pains and collapsed on the floor. He's 68, has a bedridden wife and both of his kids live out of state. His wife has a caregiver since he still substitute teaches when someone is needed, and he was worried how to get the news to the caregiver, who would need to give it to his wife. So I drove to his house - no caregiver, no lights, house locked up tighter than a drum. I called the non-emergency number for the local police and explained the situation, and they sent a squad car over. When the caregiver finally showed up, she couldn't get into the house either so the police had to break the lock on the front door. I don't know his wife, but wanted to make sure that everything was okay before I left. Then I went back to the Y to get his gym bag and make sure that someone would get his car back to his house. Please keep him in your prayers today. He's such a nice guy, and even though his wife should have been in a nursing home a long time ago, he chose to take care of her so she could stay in her own home.  And make sure someone has your emergency contact information!!

spacityrunner

Overcast, cool and windy...great morning for a little run around the neighborhood!  2 miles.  Slow.

Dave I think we may be related 

Trails Rock!

...apparently

WV is the place to move,

as

a Kentuckian,

I have to Wonder Why......

==========

..29-degrees WindChill

........65-min HH 3-5s at soccerfields

my buddy

with Parkinsons did REALLY well.......looks like our New Tues Work-Out....

eta

[[jylnne's friend]]]

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Wow, JLynne.  I hope he's okay.  Being a caregiver is extremely strenuous, mentally and physically.

SteveP - Manager #4 is lucky he still has a job.  Hopefully "all the help he needs" is actually the help he needs.

Left work at 12:00 yesterday.  Once I got home, I talked The Hub into going for a short walk with me, about 10 min or so.  It's the first time ever that I've had a hard time keeping up with him.  He got a good snicker outta that one. 

Leslie
                        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

anneb

Jlynne - I hope your friend is ok.

Anne

Joe618

Tomorrow I can again do rehab intervals. The problem is that it will be at most in the low 20s and windy. Can anyone think of what I could possibly wear that would make doing them outside bearable? This is a serious question. My PT prefers that I do them outside  rather than on a TM. But I cannot figure out how to make that happen, sans frozen misery, in such cold weather

Twocat, if you are interested, I'll email you the spreadsheet I've put together over the years that details exactly what layers I wear, in what order in 2 degree increments from 10F to 70F.    It's worked for me.

And, yes, you can do it in 20F.

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

Twocat, if you are interested, I'll email you the spreadsheet I've put together over the years that details exactly what layers I wear, in what order in 2 degree increments from 10F to 70F.

Well, we just had a bombshell dropped in our laps here at work.  Our estate planning dept secretary, the one I've had so much difficulty with, put in her notice as they are moving to Portland, OR.  She's applied for some jobs, so she may leave in 2 weeks or she may leave, at the most, in 4 weeks.  Hence forth, all the outstanding EP files and the probates she's been working on will come to me while she works to get her office in some kind of order before she leaves.  That, in itself, will be a full-time job.  . . . . . I am now glad I had 4 weeks off to not only physically recover from surgery, but mentally recover from the stress I've under with this job the last 3+ years.  It's about to step up a notch or two again . . . .

Leslie
                              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

jlynne- keep us posted on your friend.  I'm so sorry that happened.

Leslie- that sounds like a lot of extra work for you, but I bet you are glad she is going!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth