Masters Running

Friday 11/30/18 (Read 42 times)

SteveP

Coastwalk is a perpetual early bird and gets in a brisk 6.7 RW miles.

RunnerKSA gingerly hammered a mile and a half on the treadmill before work. Then a 5K after.

Dave59 is working his way back. 3 mix a lot miles on the treadmill.

BTY is all squeaky clean with two soggy 50/50 miles in the pool. Wow. It quite similar to his pyramid scheme.

Tom White is getting together with a long time friend.

Tetsujin209 has marathon meetings.

Joe618's 3.1 description is brief. He must not want to taco bout it. Are we nacho friends?

Tramps triumphs on the cycle for 24.

Henrun finally reports a fall and breaks more than our hearts. Take care.

Mrrun paces the floor for 3 miles while DH is under the knife. Sorry about the pizza.

Holly S had a dear old day eye opener today. Sorry kiddo. I'm glad the surgeon feels confident.

Surly Bill stops in!! Whoot! 5.75 miles of junk. In the last few years I've done more face to face and phone time with high school friends. No regrets.

Bioguy let the dogs out after 2.75 post school miles.

Falconfixer bundles up for 5 feel good miles. A lot of us are expected to respond to e-mails while off of work and we expect ourselves to as well. I always feel a little sad when I get s response after receiving an "out of office" message.

MikeE put in another 4 and chowed down with the light of his life.

Spacityrunner be walkin the dogs. The pooches will help with yoga as well.

Deez4boyz has an emotional Wednesday. The 2.2 before her shift surly didn't hurt anything. The pumping out the iron and 5.5 is very impressive considering what was on her plate the rest of Thursday.

Mariposai budgets her time and gets the stationary bike in gear.

Evanflein has 5.7 in a heatwave. Hears hoping healing for the knees.

I got 3 on the treadmill before work. The driver waiting for me when I got in was French Canadian (I think) and didn't speak a lick of English. Which is fine, I don't speak anything other than 'Murican English. We did communicate and I directed him to the loading dock. I grabbed on to the passenger side of his rear bumper/step and directed him to do the same with the driver's side. I'm yelling and complaining the whole time. When he figured out that I wanted to carry a full 53' semi into the loading dock, then man cracked up. The unload went swimmingly. After the exchange of signature, I opened the arms up for a hug.  The dude shrugged and came over in the hugging stance. Then puckered up and lunged and wound up chasing the guy around the lot. Just a normal day.

SteveP

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

"Just a normal day."  Ahhhh, no.

6.5 RW miles in 28° under clear skies. DW and I are driving to NJ to watch a niece who has the lead role in a play tonight. Gotta go.

Have a greta Friday.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

That's hilarious, Steve.  What a way to start the day!

Have a safe trip, Jay.

3.1 on the treadmill.  It was warm out and I had good intentions.....but it was raining.  Just a little, but still....we know the rule.  H was toweling off the dogs, so I think I made the right decision even though I'm REALLY tired of being inside.  Broke from the low HR and pushed the 2nd two miles which actually felt kind of good.   

The old female dog has to go to the vet this morning for a biopsy on a cancerous lump under her jaw and maybe remove part of it.  Next steps to be determined.  She's over 15, so no heroic measures, but we want to know what we are dealing with.  She isn't in any pain and seems totally fine. 

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Tramps

Henry--heal well.

((Denise))

Makes me wonder why in the world that I’m still able to run, albeit in slow motion, but I'm very grateful.

Never underestimate the power of good genes (and a healthy lifestyle).

It's weird to hear about friends having old-people health problems, I'm not used to it yet. One of my friends from college track died of a massive heart attack in a 5k race about 10 years ago, undiagnosed condition. That was the first one. Now there are people I know reporting cancers, organ failures, arthritis, etc. How did this happen?!

Also, just when I'd gotten used to mailings from AARP, I started getting mailings for cemetery plots.   I keep thinking they must know something I don't.

Falcon--hope you're feeling better soon.

Mike--what's a "Windsor"?

Did my 10K route for a brisk walk. A little drizzle toward the end.

Have a great weekend.

ETA: Interesting piece on the "insect apocalypse."  Where have all the insects gone?

Be safe. Be kind.

.......rain, sleet, raw cold

grease, beer, and meeting coaches

who

have literally coached all over the country.....

it was a Magical Day

it will also take a week for my stomach to recover from it

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Mike E

MM #5615

Mike--what's a "Windsor"?

It’s a Canadian whiskey...and it’s her favorite.

Also, just when I'd gotten used to mailings from AARP, I started getting mailings for cemetery plots.   I keep thinking they must know something I don't.

A lot of my e-mails these days are for burial plots, dental implants and reverse mortgage loans. WTH? And what really freaks me out is when you do a Google search for something (like kid's pajamas), and the next day you get 2 or 3 e-mails from places trying to sell you some. Big Brother is watching folks!

Thanks for the laugh and recap this morning Steve. I came down with a case of the stomach crud the last few days. Not fun.

The baby floor is supposed to be a happy place Deez, so I'm sure something happened to change that. Hugs to the family, and hugs to you for being there to help them through it.

Sorry about the fall Henry. Take care of yourself.

Safe travels Jay. Enjoy the play.

Great run this morning KSA.

We got some snow yesterday and a little freezing rain overnight. I decided to play it safe and go to the Y. 3 miles on the dreadmill, 45 minutes on the elliptical and 20 minutes of weights and core.

DH and I are going to see "The Green Book" tonight. It's had great reviews and I think we'll enjoy it.

Have a great Friday everyone.

It’s a Canadian whiskey...and it’s her favorite.

Mike, reminds me of a Tom Russell song:

She drank Canadian whiskey
                  Pure blended whiskey
                  She drank it like wine
                  Her eyes were the color of Canadian whiskey
                  Pure blended whiskey
                  So light brown and fine

Jlynne, that Is a great movie! I've told at least three other people about it and they've all come back agreeing.

Denise, it takes someone special to deal with those emotional experiences day in and out. One of my best friends -- the one who talked me into distance running -- is the local undertaker and I really don't know how he does it either, especially with the uptick in teenage ODs and suicides that he sees all too often.

Did a good workout on the bike trainer this morning, 8 miles at a good pace and HR ramp-up. As with doing a multi-day tour, I am a lot less sore after a long time on the seat than the last couple of times. The trainer is even tougher on the hindquarters since there aren't the usual breaks and variances that you get when riding outdoors.

EZ day tomorrow and then the monthly club Bagel Sunday run on Sunday.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Mike E whiskey and Coke? Mixed together? Say it is not so!

I did not make SteveP's recap for my TM walk yesterday.  That means it never happened! 

I have PT in an hour. We will see if I get out for a "run" with her.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

TammyinGP

Hi all, 

been running a bit this week but taking advantage of my 2018 in 2018 teams win last week in the semi-finals and no competition this week (or next) which has alleviated the push to get in my miles.  Plus, trying to finish up pretty much all my work this week and next that I need to do by the end of year so I don't have anything hanging over me while I'm on a 2 wk vacation in December.  I'll be back to work for that week between Christmas and New Years, but nothing really gets done that week with shortened office hours, so many folks on vacation, etc.  It'll mostly be a planning week for me for 2019. 

Supposedly we may get some snow at our elevation tonight and into tomorrow. It won't be anything that sticks around but might make for a few hours of something pretty to look at.  

have a good day all!

Tammy

spacityrunner

And for those that don’t know it’s tammys team against my team.  Epic match up for sure. 🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️

Trails Rock!

Tramps

And what really freaks me out is when you do a Google search for something (like kid's pajamas), and the next day you get 2 or 3 e-mails from places trying to sell you some. Big Brother is watching folks!

DuckDuckGo

Be safe. Be kind.

TammyinGP

hoping for a check-in from Erika in Anchorage

Tammy

...tramps//........do NOT do PoolRun and hand weights at the same time.....

==========

.......40-min PoolRun/shoes.....

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Tramps

...tramps//........do NOT do PoolRun and hand weights at the same time.....

Tribee's been suggesting ankle weights during pool running in the deep end. Not sure why.

Be safe. Be kind.