Masters Running

Saturday Running & Dancing in the Streets (Read 475 times)

Erika and Holly are done - 4:04:30 and 4:03:59.

Tim is done - 4:43:38.  Way to run smart Tim!

Tammy and Aamos ran together and are done in 4:46:36.  Woohoo Tammy!

Everyone's done and in good shape!

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Congrats Tammy!!  Woo Hoo!

(not sure I'm going to make the party tonight, sigh!)

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

While all the rest of the Seattle group will be now partying....I'm back at work....

Great day for a marathon....finished in 4:03:37, I'm so glad I got to meet everybody last night,  great evening!!!!

Francesca

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

Congratulations to the Seattleans!

You all ran so WELL!

This has been fun to follow.

Party on, Wayne.

Party on, Garth.

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

Oh and I ran this morning.

75° F

89%

13 miles

2:05:12

I love running.

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

Henrun

Congrats to the Seattle bunch. You all did well. By the way, I checked with my doctor. All is well.
              wildchild

Carolyn

I'll bet there'll be a line for the showers at the party house in Seattle!  I guess they could always jump in the lake...

Forgot to mention that I saw about 5 bighorn sheep on my way to the race this morning, right by the side of I-70. I thought it was a good omen.   And I saw a bear in my driveway last night - it was running down the driveway in front of my car, and I didn't want it to get close to the house where the dogs could see it, so I honked my horn and it ran off into the woods.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

SteveP

Thanks for the up dates Bill!!!

WildChild, if you were on cloud nine right now, it would be understandable.

SteveP

Took the road bike to the park and did a fairly swift 25 miles in the afternoon heat. Trying to get acclimated for what I might experience on my 7-day tour of mid-Michigan that starts just two weeks fromtoday. I think I'm ready and can easily handle the distances.

Good running everyone, and let's get all the Seattle results posted somewhere.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Wow, Carolyn, a bear!  We're going up to our cabin in the Maine woods tomorrow.  We knew there are a lot of bears around, but we've never seen one in 18 years.  Just in case, I bought three small airhorns for the boys and me to carry when we run.  I'm not letting DD11 run by herself!  She doesn't leave the cabin without taking our collie with her.  Hmm, that reminds me I will need to take off his bark collar when we're there!

Uh oh!  A bit of bad news to start our day.  Mariposai, Aamos, Holly and Dove are in Mariposai's car, about a mile from the start.  Unfortunately, the race started two minutes ago!  In the car just in front of them are Evanflein and Tammy.

I knew the plan to share a hair dryer was a mistake!

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                        evanflein

(Holly posing as Erika)  Wow - amazing that, in spite of starting the race 41 minutes late, we still managed to jump in to corral 25, and there were still 11 corrals behind us (maybe 7000 people) that hadn't yet reached the starting line.  Interesting trying to wade through that kind of a crowd, though, when you start that far back.  I don;t think I've been in a race with that many people before.

Super job to our no-longer-marathon virgins - Tammy, Tim, and Laura (Tammy's friend), and to our two best marathon dancers - Dove and Mariposai - who danced at every band on the course.   

Huge kudos to the spouses, and especially to Erika's DH, who brought a cooler of beer to the finish.  Cheetoes and beer - my favorite recovery food!  

Now, all freshly showered and dressed and fed with brats and beer, we're hanging around the party house, relaxing and gazing out at Lake Washington.  The party is just getting started...

Wildchild - hugh congratulations on your HM PR!  I'm looking forward to our race  report.

Way to go, Seattle Runners!  And Tom and Carolyn - You guys had great races today, too.  It was a positive day all around, I'd say.

A smidge under 23 trail miles today.  I ran out of fluids, and it was so warm here, I knew I'd be dying if I tried had to do another mile of climbing.  But I did persevere and did the four trips up the 8/14/12 combo.  Ugh!  My buddy Karen's sister gave another thing to try for climbing hills:  walk 20 paces, run 20 paces, repeat over and over and over until you're up the hill.  This really helped on 12, which is virtually straight up.  It's a -itch of a climb.  Karen took a nosedive this a.m. barely 3 minutes into our run, stumbling over a root.  She banged her left knee and hip and right elbow up pretty good.  She managed a little over 13, but decided to go home and ice all the aching parts down while I finished up.  Her knee is gonna real nice shade of black and blue tomorrow.  Plus, the huge scrape is right on the knee cap, so every time she bends it . . .

Well, I need to go get some more food in me and some ice tea.  The tum is starting to feel a bit nauseous.

Later -

Leslie
                            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Wow! Congratulations to all of you Seatlle Race people.   It has been fun reading of all your plans and excitement these past weeks.  All your hard work and careful planning have now payed off, and we are all so proud of you.  I look forward to the race reports.   Woods Lady  PS.  I bet you are having a great party right now. 

Oh, I pulled out of my own doldrums - didn't wanna do it, too tired and achy, etc., and spent over an hour up my trail and on the Forest Service Road with good results.   

Caroline, congrats to you, my "neighbor."  Great running; I was telling Tammy about how running in Colorado is so intimidating, as  you show up for a race and so many other runners are wearing total beast shirts (Leadville.  Pike's Peak.   Ascents at 14,000 feet.  Leadville 100.  GAk! )   And such impressive scores your DD got--I've been catching up.

Tammy ran a super race.  She has lovely form, and keeps a good steady pace.  She is also one heck of a broken field runner.  The race was crowded and she led us through openings and we passed bunches of folks.  She attributes this to tips she's gotten from her son, David, who is an ace wide receiver. 

We only walked through some water stops, took a few  breaks to stretch her IT band, and walked up one steep hill.  And she graciously allowed me to run with her and natter on without tossing water on me.  She and my DH compared notes about running with me and my running chatter.   Maybe I can interest her in Missoula in July, or Spearfish Canyon in August......

grins,

A

ps:  and the Red Sox won.  Yesterday and today (today was 1-0, a 4 hitter)!  [Mari says she likes my Sox posts.  She's recovering from being ignored as to her results.  Dove and Mari and I are about to sit outside and practice Positive Affirmations, so I have to sign off now.]  Thanks for all your support and good will and interest. 

Masters 2000 miles