Masters Running

Summer Solstice Sunny Sunday Runs (Read 359 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

Wow, no one's started a thread yet today?  I think this is the first time I've started the daily!  But I haven't run yet - waiting for it to get above 50° before I head out for a trail run.

Happy Solstice!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Wow, no one's started a thread yet today?  I think this is the first time I've started the daily!  But I haven't run yet - waiting for it to get above 50° before I head out for a trail run.

Happy Solstice!

You're killing me.  I slept late and didn't go out until 8 am and it was already above 80 degrees!!!   I only lasted 

2 miles. 

I can't get any of the little faces to work today.... has something changed?

Marathon Maniac #3309

Good morning Carolyn, Thanks for starting us off. Hummm, wonder where everyone is this Morning. I just back from a very muggy - sticky - hot - sunny run...but felt good to be out there, soooo I am not complaining at all. 5.2 miles - 52:12 - 10:01 ave pace - 122 ave HR. Happy Summer - Happy Fathers Day to all. With all 3 of my Kiddos in the Military, I sure hope they get ahold of me today...I can't obviously get ahold of them. TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

What's the matter Carolyn 48 too cold 4 U? 

I've found the trails a bit dangerous with Wildlife too close to sunrise.  I'm sure it's way worse in your neck of the woods.  Be careful out there...

Beautiful morning today,  Hilly 10.6 miles w/ DW at easy 9:53 pace.   

Enjoy the longest day

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

Good Morning and Happy Father's Day, Summer Solstice, My in-laws 51st Anniversary and Long run day....!

17.7 miles for me in humid, steamy conditions (but a non-rain window). Each long run has some work in it in this marathon training cycle and I was happy with this one. First 9.1 miles @ 8:34 pace---then 4 miles at sub 8:00 (actual was 4.3 in 7:54) and then the last 4.3 was @ 8:08 pace. 8:20 pace or so overall and I pushed the hills.  

I was excited to see that two Central New York (CNY) boys went 1-2 in the mile at the Nike Outdoor National Championships in NC (proving that even if you have to shovel snow off the track in April after a Syracuse winter---you can fly!---love it that my hometown still produces speed)

Father's Day hike on tap next

Have a great week everyone----hitting the road for work early tomorrow morning

Nice races, nono, bayside, henrun, and marj.  stumpy, that's great that you helped out at the Relay for Life.  henrun, I hope your procedure was minor and successful.

Good job on the long runs for bike (keep being conservative and listening to the doctor) and Sarge (hilly miles with your wife).

This morning it was about 60° and almost calm.  I did 5 miles in about 47 minutes for a 9:24 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Good afternoon on an incredibly lazy Sunday.  I made it out for my longest run since I started back up--4.5 miles with .5 miles walking at the end.  slightly slower pace than recently, but I really wanted to go longer, so stayed a little slow.  made it about 10:40 mpm.

happy low HR training, Tim.  I stayed under 127 myself.  If I can get my HRM to work consistantly, I'm hoping that it will work to track increasing fitness as the pace goes down while the HR stays  the same. 

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Nice running!

Great pace CNY!

I ran at least 16.5 miles mostly dense tree covered trails (weak gps signal). Nice run with  
                  good hills. Drank LOTS so kept hydrated as well as ecaps. Took 2:45:18  
                  (12.5 pints out, 7 pints in). 79F and steamy at the  
                  end but luckily there were clouds so I never felt too hot.  Tired now. I think when you turn over 8% of body weight in a few hours it is "draining".

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

dg.

hi everybody!

happy everything to everyone, but especially happy father's day, I think you dad's on this board really are doing a wonderful job.

PerchSteve, wow are you back!!   Smile.   um.  pints out you measured by weight.  yes?  no?

Karin, what a great run.

Same to the rest of you! 

I'm a little behind, but today is yard work laundry housecleaning vegetable washing so I don't know how much I'll get caught up.  Hopefully work will cooperate tomorrow. ;-)

I'm rehabbing, and even thought about taking a week off but I think cutting back is helping enough to stay with that.  Friday I did 35 min. of Verstegen's prehab.  I used to do that all the time, quit when I changed my schedule & think I can really tell the difference.  Here's the link if anyone like's him. http://www.sportskool.com/videos/running-training-2. and..  http://www.sportskool.com/videos/running-training-1 I gave a copy of the dvd (3 different sections) to my PT, & she loves it.  Is using it herself to rehab her own injuries, & is giving  copies to her other running clients.        Saturday I ran 4.31 miles at a 10:01 pace, which is better than I've been able to do lately.  Today was 6.72 miles, only a 10:34 pace.  I'm trying to keep form right & not compensate for stride length problems by twisting my hips.  So that slows me down, but I hope is strengthening. 

I've seen a crayfish on the last 2 days during my run.  As big as a chipmunk.  A big chipmunk.  He's on the path.  Seems weird!  I thought they liked water.  And didn't think they were that big.  Going to have to have a talk with him next time & see what's up.

Twocat, I paid attention to the hills this morning.   1 was speedbump 1, & then there was speedbump 2.  Those I wouldn't want to live on, but some of the others had some good points.  ;-).      Stevep, I did not look them in the eye.  Thanks.  Safety first.  -)

Marathon Maniac #957

Leslie – nice 22-miler on the trails yesterday! 

Busiman – speedy 5K! 

Stumpy – nice job.  Do you find that the heat makes your HR higher? 

DS is back home safe.  DD and I left early yesterday to make the hour or so drive to the airport, and ended up making such good time that we got there way too early.  So, it became a lesson in “how to keep a 6-year-old occupied in an airport” for an hour and a half.  Suffice to say, we spent about 50 minutes on the concourse train, going back and forth, back and forth, while DD swung round the poles and sang and did crazy dance steps.  Over and over.   

I got up at 4:30 to get my run in early before the kids and I took DH out for breakfast.  Then after buying and planting a couple more perennials, we took off to the water park for a couple hours, followed by a short nap.   My favorite kind of summer Sunday. 

It was 73° when I headed out at 5am this morning, and the water fountain that I normally hit as I enter and exit the river trail was not working.     Luckily there was one at the 4.5 mile mark, but it was definitely a day when I wish I had carried a bottle. 

12.23 miles for me this morning, with miles 6-10 at (8:40, 8:39, 8:41, 8:40), ave total pace 9:26.   

Those 4 miles felt like all the speed I had in me, but I guess with more than 3 weeks since my last real speedwork, I can’t expect better.  I have no idea what to expect in Seattle, but I’m just going to play it by ear and see what the day brings.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Renee the dog

Made a trip to Philadelphia yesterday afternoon to get some cheesesteaks (yeah, we have them here, but geeze with this weather, we're doing whatever to waste time!). Finished up last night with another 1.5 mi with Renee.  Gosh, she was happy to be out! 

Today, we haven't done too much.  We had house guests leave. (whew!)  We gave Bayside his cards and gift.  And, now we're going out to breakfast in a bit (diner which serves it 24 hrs a day).  Renee and I are scheduled for 6 mi tonight.  Since she already ran with Bayside this morning, I'll probably do a few on the sand and then finish up the rest of the run with her.

Happy Father's Day to all the Dads.

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Happy Fathers Day to all of the dads.  Happy Solstice.  I've loved this day since I was about 10 and realized it stayed light long enough that we could stay out on our bikes until about 9 p.m.  I was planning on staying at the shore tonight and driving up for school in the morning, so that I could watch the sunset at the beach, but the weather's so lousy, I think I'll go home tonight instead.

The School Year That Never Ends is supposed to actually end this week, and I am soooooo ready.  I'm exhausted from trying to keep the kiddos from climbing the walls.  They're not stupid - they know grades are in and it's just a question of putting in the time from here on in. (I hate that; if we have to be here I wish the climate would actually support learning, but what do I know?!?)  And they've only had outdoor recess about twice in the last 2-1/2 weeks because of all the rain.

Tim - glad you're back online and doing well.  Take it easy, dude.

Ran 4 miles on the boardwalk this afternoon.  Was really dragging - haven't been sleeping well the last few nights - but my achilles is behaving quite nicely.

Checked out two gyms in town - I'm going to join one of them for the summer in order to get in some XT and to limit my excuses when it's pouring rain and/or incredibly hot. 

Since it's finally official:  HAPPY SUMMER, EVERYONE!!!!! 

Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

Happy  Father's Day!!!

Very much looking forward to the big get together in Seattle this coming weekend.....oh yes, running the R&R Marathon too!  I made sure my legs will be good and dead for it by running the 20th Century 100K trail race yestarday.  Different course from last year, more elevation and a treacherous descent but I had fun , fell 3 times and got  a few scrapes and bruises to top off the experience.

....Tet I missed you out there..!!!!

Good runs to all

Francesca

Teresadfp

One day at a time

QUICK post because I'm using the computer in the Bar Harbor Motel lobby.  4.6 rainy, windy, fun miles on the carriage roads. Whoo hoo!  Now off to celebrate Father's day with DH, who came up for a couple of days.

Happy Father's Day to all you dads!!!

Happy Father's Day to all the dads.  I need to remember to call my Pop about 7:00 tonight.  He works graveyard (9:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m.), and just finished up 6 straight days, so I know he'll be sleeping a good part of the day.

Well, this is the first time I've ever had 40 or more miles in a week.  Hit 46 today.  Sweet!  Today's 10 was a lesson in power walking the hills as I was tuckered out from yesterday.  I just kept telling myself, "I'm buiding stamina!  I'm building stamina!"  Thankfully, tomorrow is an SRD.  Think I'll be kicking the cats outside in the wee morning hours so I can get some extra sleep.

Later, folks ~

Leslie
                                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance