Masters Running

Divechief - We're waiting on a Maui Marathon RR (Read 339 times)

coastwalker

Nice RR, and great photos! That banyon tree in Lahina truly is amazing. When we were on Maui, I started and finished all my workouts before the sun came up, and was still sweat-soaked. I can't imagine running 27.2 with that gorgeous but hot sun beating down on you. Glad you had an opportunity to take a whale break in mid-race. All in all, it sounds like a great trip and a fun race (except for the minor ankle twist). Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

King of PhotoShop

Good for you two. Great pictures too. Glad you enjoyed it. Spareribs

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I`m not so jealous of you getting to go to Hawaii as such but maybe before you get too far into all your world traveling, you guys can do for Washington what one of the Maniacs did for California and run all the marathons in the state before venturing too far abroad. When`ll ya get to have her back here in Washington state?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #957

Beautiful pics! Some marathons are just for the experience and the scenary. Glad you made it through okay, since you said your training was much less than usual. Another one to cross off the list!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Maniac 505

Jon: I doubt that all the Washington marathons will be in the cards, but Arf will be here for the Yakima canyon run this year. Hoped to get her for light at the end of the tunnel, but that race is up in the air now with the tunnel being closed. Alas, Rock and Roll is out for Arf this year, but I should be there. Are you going to be around for Chilly Hilly this year? Dave