Masters Running

Thursday, June 10 - run it, walk it, rest it and report it (Read 608 times)

I look my best blurry!

fazzogig  Just run an extra mile and eat it!  Sounds good!  What brand?  - the mustard dill sauce I love to add to my morning egg salad concoction as a whopping 109 calories per 1 oz  81 of those calories are pure fat.  *sniff* I'm so sad.  Needless to say, I used very little in this morning's concoction.

hopeful4ever - hmm...  anyone else?

enkephalin - scary isn't it!

wildchild - she actually tried on 2 and asked if she could keep the other one to wear at the beach.  I had to keep myself from jumping up and down.  She picked out a bikini today!  She has always worn rash guards and board shorts!!!!! OMG!

I am NOT getting hooked on sudoku.  I tried beer at zoom-zooms suggestion.  Running, RA and beer are all the addictive habits I can handle right now.  

I like just how quickly Leslie was able to throw in that link to the stability ball videos... Not like she had it handy or anything, right?

Who?  Me?        I was studying his moves.  Yeah, that's right.  Studying his moves.  (Twocat's Editor: It ain't a lie of you believe it.  Fatozzig:  Where'd the heck did he come from?!?)

Wanna - It's Larrupin Mustard Dill Sauce.  It's delicious!  And most times I'd agree with you on throwing it in and running an extra mile, but right now I'm trying really hard to lose the 10 pounds I've accumulated over the past year.

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

lamerunner

Thanks Leslie. You know, you can get a  whole DVD.... just saying.

I have one of those and do crunches, but i suspect my technique is not quite right cause I do 80-100 reps.

Maybe  I need a house call.

Well I'm glad Leslie reposted that link as now I have to check out Number 6.

Thanks Hopeful, I already bookmarked that site.  I can do the Hard level now, but have yet to try the "Evil" level.  I stink at crossword puzzles, like really stink.

3-D sudoku, no please!....two D is enough

Joey, I hope things work out for the young man and I am sure that you have made a positive influence on the situation.

5 miles super slow in the (to me) almost unbearable 64F and humid conditions.  I didn't wear my iPOD and didn't miss it one iota.  I am thinking I should pull a posie and run iPOD-less all summer.  However maybe make exceptions for tempo runs.

They say you can't lose conditioning in two weeks but my run today was quite a struggle.  I just don't think that is true.

On a bright note, I think my metabolism has started to perk up (from the thyroid med).  I only needed one blanket the past two nights instead of the usual 3 and have been wearing only one short sleeve running top at 55F instead of 3 layers as well.  (I know can you believe it, 3 layers to run at 55F!) Now I just need to lose those 18 extra pounds....

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Thanks Leslie. You know, you can get a  whole DVD.... just saying.

I have one of those and do crunches, but i suspect my technique is not quite right cause I do 80-100 reps.

Maybe  I need a house call.

(and no, I don't have anything better to do than play on the computer.  my boss is gone, too.)

Leslie
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

TammyinGP

Does Trent still come around here much? I have been thinking of him and his family and wondering how things are cleaning up back there. . . . just seems like the media moves from one big natural disaster to the next so quickly and the previous ones don't get much exposure anymore, even though I'm sure things still must be a mess back there.

Tammy

DG,

Yes I usually do the Crim so if not before we should make a plan to meet up there. There is usually quite few from RA land who run it also.

I was hooked on Sudoku about a year ago. Haven't done any in awhile I wonder if you lose your knack over time?

I love crosswords even though I am not that great at em. Sometimes it takes me all week to do the Sunday Papers.

3 easy paced miles tonight 9:30 pace. tomorrow is a rest day and my legs could sure use one . They have been pretty heavy the last couple days.

My wife is hosting her monthly wine club  book club tonight so I guess I will head to the sports bar to watch the Celtics and Lakers game. Oh the sacrifices  I have to make.

Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

great pics of the kids Holly and Mari!!

sooooooooooo ..... do i need one of those swiss ball things or can i just keep watching the video???

6 rainy miles tonight -- forgot how great it can feel to run in the drizzle when it's not freezing out -- found some rolling hills but have a feeling Mt Washington is going to feel horrible - definitely have not done enough hill work!

denise

wildchild

Carolyn

Hey, Denise, how soon is Mt Washington?  You'll do great!  Who needs training?

Boy howdy, that swiss ball video sure is popular! I even tried some of the crunches tonight. I'm sure I didn't look that good...

It was hot in town so I planned on a trail run in the mountains after work. Well, on the way up the canyon it was raining and I saw some lightning, so I wasn't too optimistic - I even thought about running indoors at the rec center.  But when I got there it had stopped raining and the sun was peeking through the clouds, so I ran on their 1-mile outdoor trail. I figured I'd always be close to the car if I saw more lightning.  I ran 5 miles in about 56 minutes, which is pretty good for a hilly high altitude trail.

Oh, and I ran with an ipod for the first time EVER!  I just inherited my DD's old one, so it's loaded with her music, but I like most of it and it was kinda nice.  No worries about traffic or mountain bikes or bears or mountain lions on this trail (in fact, no one at all besides me tonight), so I figured it was safe.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Larry - If someone has to make a sacrifice, it might as well be you, huh?

Tammy - I tried to find the thread that was started on the general form re Trent, but haven't been successful.

Stuck to my self promise to run after work.  Intended to do 4, but messed up my math (surprise, surprise) and ended up with 4.5.  Since this was suppose to be an EZ run, I wanted to stay around a 10:00 mm.  Tried to do it just by feel, and imagine my surprise when it was all said and done I had a 10:02 mm, including inclines and declines.  Came home to The Hub having mowed the front/back yards and starting dinner.  Very nice, indeed.

Leslie
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Ugh. Back from NYC. Delivered table; found out the the two clients, husband and wife, had both done a marathon. The husband ran a 3:15, first and last marathon. Also has a full head of hair, is 10 years younger than me and a slew of other reasons to cheerfully hate the dude.

They loved the table.

Now, the hard part: posting a picture of it here.

[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/2z3yyi0.jpg[/IMG]

http://i50.tinypic.com/2z3yyi0.jpg

Does this work? Grrrr. Guess not. Tried the imagelink thingy....fail.

Walt

evanflein

Hope you get the photo thing figured out Walt, I'd love to see it. And yeah, some people are easy to hate. It's worse when they're nice, too.

My goal for today's run was to see how long I could hold 10k PR pace (7:30'ish). The answer? Not long enough. I did have to stop a couple times on this run (well, twice for traffic, twice to catch my breath) and that wasn't reassuring. But, I figured it was like mile repeats or something. Here's how it went:

Mile 1  8:21 (starting out on trail in the woods)

Mile 2  8:10 (gentle uphill)

Mile 3  7:22 (downhill, reverse of mile #2)

Mile 4  7:24

Mile 5  7:29

Mile 6  7:30 (one traffic stop, one stop on the way up the hill... railroad overpass)

Mile 7  7:25 (this was great, mostly flat, strong steady effort)

So... no stopping during the race, and the course is mostly flat except mile #1 has the same train overpass I crossed in mile 6 today. But going the other way, so the uphill is shorter and the downhill longer. Holding hope for a PR on this 10k, but it's tricky since it starts at 10 pm, so many things can mess up your race (overdoing stuff during the day, eating too late, etc).

Here you go Walt.  Yes, it is a beauty!  Nice job.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong