Masters Running

Seattle on July 19... anyone want to run? (Read 408 times)

evanflein

I'll be in Seattle the afternoon of Sunday, July 19, and would love to meet up with someone for a run. Looking for 8 miles or so... I won't have a car, and will be at a downtown hotel. If you can't meet for a run, any suggestions on where to go?
    Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

Sorry Erika,

With the family out of town, I'll be stuck at work. Let me know if you have other open days though!!!

Francesca 

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

evanie -

it`s four miles to green lake for a circuit of the area`s biggest jogging mecca, . . .

and site of March Dizzy Daze mary/ultra/etc. 

also can take convenient green lake bus and run around lake three times, to say nothing of visiting the local running stores

I`m finally getting back from the land of the hot/humid rising sun but hope to have new grandson down from the southeast part of your Great Land to greet me at airport.

are you at the cloud?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Maniac 505

drat You caught me on a work week, but if you wanted to do an evening run,  I should be ready at 7:00 PM or so for a Myrtle Edwards park run.  taking it easy for at least another day, but I really expect to be running by then.
          evanflein

Well rats, Divechief! I have a dinner date at 7 on Sunday (and Monday) but at least Myrtle Beach Park and Green Lake give me places to check out, thanks! Hey, might be meeting with Mariposai on Tuesday evening, so if any of you guys are available, let me know!

Tet, I'm staying at the same place as last time...

Maniac 505

Hey,  good news!  My assistant just qualified to fill in for me.  That means it is now relatively easy for me to get an occasional day off.  I am going to throw her right into the fire and take monday and tuesday off.  I can get some stuff done before the San Francisco weekend.  That means my plans are wide open those days

Maniac 505

And Tet,  will you be in town Monday or Tuesday?

evanflein

So maybe we could meet up somewhere for a drink and snacks or something on Tuesday late afternoon/evening? I need to be sure boss hasn't set something up, but we don't leave till after 8 pm and Mariposai will be coming in that afternoon/evening. It would be fun to see you guys again (after all, it's been soooo long!).

Maniac 505

I thought I replied, but I don't see it.  Erika,  that sounds great to me.  short notice works fine.  I won't officially know if I have Monday and Tuesday off until Sunday Morning,  but I would be amazed if it didn't work out for me..  You have both my phone and E-mail,  with my new smart phone I am always in contact.  looking forward to seeing you kids Tuesday

Dave

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I'm not doing any training runs until timmy gets a job so, depending on new grandson's schedule while dd has him down here from the southeastern part of the great land, I like the drink/something part, . . . especially, for some reasion <<<(rooftopjacuzzi/rooftopjacuzzi)>>> if you are at the cloud again.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

evanflein

Sorry Tet, no rooftop hot tub this time. We'll be all checked out of our hotel and headed to the airport. Mariposai gets out of her meetings around 6, so I need to find out where she'll be and then we'll all get together there around 6, ok?

(Tet, DH says hi and he missed you... as we all did... at the house last month!!!)

evanflein

Ok, for those who can make it we'll meet up at 6 pm at the Icon Grill on 5th, across from the Westin. It'll be quick cuz I'll have to get to the airport, but we can meet up and say Hi!
                          Mariposai

Erika and I keep saying that we need to start "planning" our Seattle trips together. I was glad to see that for once our wishes were coming true. Having dievechief, the local runner, available to meet with us and then later the vagabond Tetsujin was the icing on the cake (Francesca, Enkie and SRLopez, we missed you)

The Icon Grill is a fun place to meet morning, afternoon and evening. It is centrally located, good food, great decor and great wine listing. So, having two goddesses who enjoy good varietal of wine, this was the perfect place to meet. Erika and her boss had to catch a flight at around 8:30, so we met right after my first meeting was over, around 6 for me, earlier for the rest of the party. I am sorry guys if I was looking and sounded like a zombie. I had only 3 hours of sleep the night before thanks for the beeper.

Here we are after one glass of wine, a lot of laughter and much planning for our next get-together...we did our best NOT to talk about the Rock and Roll stories Of curse Erika and I both lamented missing the glorious sight of a certain running in pink and white gloves at the above mentioned marathon.

After a fabulous time together with Erika and her boss our diver chief and I decided to order dinner hoping that the vagabond would show up.

As we were just starting to nibble on our appetizer guess who showed up (sorry coach) with a bag full of presents, including this Geisha fan to help me keep my wings cool.

To Divechief's and I surprise we found out that the vagabond has almost forgotten to speak English. Of course we got a lesson on how to say shoes are bad for you, sandals are better, but barefeet is good for you in Japanesse. Ohhh Erika, you should have been there.

Here the taper boy is showing me the sandals he used to run up Mt. Fuji and to run his marathon around the Imperial Palace. Of course, the sandals look so much better on his feet.

After dinner Dave so graciously decided to show us Seattle at it's vest and from it's best view...the famous Space Needle, where we had another drink, of course.

Once again  the evening left me with pure joy of an evening with my cyberspace friends who through time has converted into heart and real life friends.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

thanks mariposai. 

I bet three hours of sleep seemed pretty luxurious after the Ikon/Space Needle/etc. evening.

ps - Evan still thinks that an extra five miles in the monsterously daunting Equinox

wouldn't be so bad. ji ji 

======================

mariposai and new "do-whatever/whenever-you-want-to" coach

evanflein

I missed this until just now! Thanks for posting the pictures!

And yes, Tet, I agree. The extra miles for the Equinox Ultra will be added after mile 25, so instead of turning right to finish down the hill, you turn left and head back up the hill towards the musk ox farm, then catch the trail at the 2 mile marker and back track to the finish. Sounds doable to me!