Masters Running

Sat 8/29 - I get to start the Daily (Smiles) (Read 381 times)

Marathon Maniac #3309

Geez, good day gone bad for sure. To make this short, 7 of us went down today Cycling to Ohio and back. We were at mile 112 when I looked at my computer and we were going 31 MPH, and we were riding in a double pace line into a very strong North - North West wind. There were 23 of us all together, and everything was going super good at a fast pace. I had took my turn pulling the group and was towards the back at the time with 5 Cyclists behind me when I noticed the 2 in front of me all of a sudden shoulder to shoulder. I really didn't think too much about it because we do that all the time without incident. Then all of a sudden the 2 Cyclists in front of me went down hard, then I was left no room but to run into the back of them. I went down very hard on my left side and skidded about 10 or 15 feet, and took the skin off my left side (that feels really good right now I tell Ya) ----- In short, I have very bad road rash on my left side obviously - a separated left shoulder - separated ribs and sternum - bad neck strain - and concussion as my helmet broke in two when I hit the payment and wood fence on my left. ---- As this unfolded I was laying on the ground just waiting for the other Cyclists behind me to hit me in my back. Then bam.....one did. I have a huge muscle bruise on my back and I feel really bad for the guy who hit me. This was a brand new $8000.00 Bike for him and his frame broke in two when he hit me in my back. A part of my pedal went clear through his knee, and it was the most awful thing I have ever seen. I finally got up and my Bike seemed to be ok except for a little wobble in my front wheel. The guy with the knee injury was not ok at at, and we had to call an ambulance to come and get him. I brushed myself off and rode the 40 plus miles back home......just because. ----Boy, just when Ya think Cycling is a safe sport. I hurt really bad right now, but I hope I sleep well tonight and plan on cycling with my buds again in the morning....I won't be able to swim I know -----(On the bright side, my right calf doesn't hurt at all)----TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Lordy, Lordy, Timbo.  I don' t quite know what else to say.  If you have a concussion, be careful with that, please.  And boy are you gonna be sore in the a.m., especially where the guy got you in the back.   Take care!

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance