Masters Running

St. Patty's Day runs and green beer .... (Read 566 times)

mustang sally

Bad faerie

Well, thankyew, and it's nice to see everyone.

Sorry that this is just a flyby - I'm trying to keep my online profile low while I pay attention to the tangible world in front of me:  but it's nice to drop in from time to time and see how things are going.

--Sal

As for scheduling and post-op return to activity (i.e. can I still run my two races), here's how the conversation went:

me: So I have a half marathon in 2 weeks and the relay 6 weeks later.

Dr: When is the later race?

me: May 13 and 14, a Friday and Saturday.

Dr: So we'll schedule you for Monday the 16th.

Now there's a doc who knows what's important!! Smile

Congrats, OM! Stage Zero! What a weight to be lifted off your and your family's shoulders.  I can only hope my SIL is as fortunate.

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

<astonished>

Really?

</astonished>

What do you see?

.....GOTTCHA!!!!!!!!!

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Jlynne

Great news OM! Now you can focus on those races.

Mustang Sally!! Hi! Great to see your post.

I too was thinking about Dark Horse the other day and wondering how his life is these days.

Tom White - Big grin You're the best.

Well, it was an interesting trip to the hospital. Not so sure Will is thinking a new brother is such a good idea. While each of his parents took turns holding Ben and having Will sit next to them, Will was trying to pull Ben off of his mother/father's  lap trying to wiggle his way in the "best seat in the house." He had a meltdown when I tried to leave with him after he figured out his mom and dad weren't coming along. Made for a long afternoon for grandma. now I know why God doesn't let old women have babies.....

Maniac 505

Jlynne,  congrats to the new family member!!!  go Benjamine Danial!

Mike:  again welcome to the group,  have you figured out what the acronym WTF stands for?? Roll eyes

OM,  That is GREAT news!!

So happy to see Mustang sally stop by,  don't be a stranger.

No run today,  the first half of the day was a union meeting to see just how ugly our future might be (no states have any money)  I really hope  My union brothers are not too shorted sighted that they  reject the proposed contract.   If we agree to the proposal, the state saves 10 million a year. We stay in the union (the same union fills jobs on Alaska Ferries and Most of the ocean going container ships, and they control the non ferry part of my pension. (I sailed ocean going ships for over 10 years before I took the Washington state job)  If we reject the proposed contract,  I will have to resign from Washington state ferry's and work 3 or 4 months a year on ocean going ships. Nervous times, but what ever happens I have figured out that I can make work

Today was my annual fit to dive physical.  (the aquarium makes me get one every year.  today, for the first time, my doc said I have a heart murmur.  He says it is most likley nothing.  He said I should keep running. but he has ordered other tests before He will certify me as fit for diving.  I am really not worried at all,  It's just something new.

Dave

Late post for me and somewhat under the influence but I did run our Pot O gold 4 miler today in 29:30 good enough for a 2nd place out of 20 in my age group but short of my PR of 28:25. I really thought I had a chance of beating that today as it was IRC outside but I think the final mile was my downfall. Oh well back to the training plan.

To much to catch up on around here tonight. This place has been chatty today !!

HIC %

Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

Mike E

MM #5615

Boy was I being pressured to go out for beers, tonight. It sure sounded good, too. But I was a good boy and came home and did my run. 10.2 miles. I guess there are some advantages to running in the morning. Yes, Jlynne, I understood the WTF--8 kids, remember?
                Mariposai

Mariposai feel free to add your picture to the recipe.  

Surprisedwow, did you see that guys???

Twocat wanted me to add MY picture to his recipe...Surprised

Fun thread today and what a deligth to see the dahhling Mustang Sally around here. You honored us with your presence, dear.

dg, great to see you too! I miss yah girl friend.

And a second day in a row visit of Trent, the monkey man!

Tetsujin, it is official. Dievechief is coming to our home the night before Wenatchee, wanna come with him?

What a cute picture of the new baby. Thanks grandma Jlynne.

Erika, great fun about your DH and you at the gym. 

Ok, now to my running. Negative split night. 9 miles total (you all know that I really do not enjoy talking about my paces during my run, I much rather be a cheerleader, but tonight's run makes me smile)

1-11:22

2-10:20

3-10:30 (hill), which I normally run at about 12 pace.

4-10:49 -got to the top of the above mentioned hill.

5-10:18

6-10:11

7-10:02

8-9:59

9-9:53

No beer around here, but a nice Chardonnay from Canada could do the trick too!

Off to choose a picture of Myself to post on the recipe

will it be my butterfly wings, or athens picture, or backpacking picture, or dancing picture, skiing picture or kayaking?

choices, choices, choices!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Slo

Boy was I being pressured to go out for beers, tonight. It sure sounded good, too. But I was a good boy and came home and did my run. 10.2 miles. I guess there are some advantages to running in the morning. Yes, Jlynne, I understood the WTF--8 kids, remember?

I wish I had your will power Mike.

I lost the battle, cost me a 4 mile recovery run last night. The greasy chicken wings combined with all the speciality beers didn't leave me feeling up for a run this morning.

Mike E

MM #5615

I wish I had your will power Mike.

I lost the battle, cost me a 4 mile recovery run last night. The greasy chicken wings combined with all the speciality beers didn't leave me feeling up for a run this morning.

I've lost the battle many time, believe me.