Masters Running

Wednesday Oct. 28 Runs and Whatnot's (Read 433 times)

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Barb.. congrats to the RS!!  I guess that's the deleivery vehicle for capsules that will require the landing cushioning technology RS is working on?  I don't see what the Capital Hill beef is all about they spend money faster than $200 million/minute (the X-test flight cost).  I like the part where the guy says they could use it to send people up to divert an asteriod in 2029.  Won't Bruce Willis be too old for that?

Beautiful day weather warning here.. sunny high 77 with intermittant fall colors.

Come visit Aamos!

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

Perch, I think they scrapped the idea of a "ground" landing, so his work with dropping things in the dirt ended a little while ago.  I think he was working on the controls thingy, making sure that it could withstand noise and vibration?

Oh heck, I don't know understand it.

And, about the politics, I can't speak to that either. I think a lot of good research comes out of NASA.  Stuff that we can apply to other stuff.  Research, like healthcare, is tricky.  Tough to run it like a business since there really is no "product".

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

wildchild

Carolyn

Deez, your VT trip sounds awesome - pirvate yoga lesson followed by wine tasting!  I guess they're not open for skiing yet?

Skiing would be great here if we could get out of the driveway. 

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

I like the part where the guy says they could use it to send people up to divert an asteriod in 2029.  Won't Bruce Willis be too old for that?

snork  

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Oof...look at that snow. I love the first snow fall and then by March or so, not so much.

I always wanted a sister and I love being an aunt....continued love to Baby Will and his family.

Awesome rocket news, Sister Barbara. I imagine the pride and success feelings are flowing. Excellent!

Ran 4 miles easy this morning in the steady rain---48º. I feel pretty calm considering the marathon ahead. At this point it's a Just Run kind of focus and I am feeling ready.

Aamos you ROCK! I have been busy and with lots on my mind, but I did catch up a bit. Third in your age group and more Boston marathons in your future. You are my idol.

Soundie isn't injured, just too many other things came up. She's running well in fact. 

I am looking forward to seeing Nancy in NYC! 

Deez! I love the Von Trapp Family Lodge. The now defunct Stowe marathon took you right up the hill to the Lodge and then back down into the valley. We stayed there when I was a kid several times and cross country skied all over their incredible trails. What a great spot for a girls weekend. You certainly deserve some pampering and I am glad you are able to be there.

wildchild

Carolyn

I forgot to say that being great aunts and great uncles makes us sound awfully OLD!  (I know we're boomers but we're not dowagers - geez!)  So I think we should bend the rules on family relationships and be Baby Will's aunts and uncles, but be Jlynne's sisters and brothers.  OK? 

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

lamerunner

Hello everyone. No snow here, just cold rain.  We are making the final preparations  for the Manchester marathon; hoping for  better weather on Sunday. Erika, we have registrations from  38 states but none from Alaska!

Things are busy at work too; squeezed in 65 minutes of elliptical and some limited weight work. Actually, my weight work is always limiited. Hoping to run again tomorrow.

Happy tapering to all this weekend's racers!

Glad to hear of little Will's progress.

evanflein

Skiing would be great here if we could get out of the driveway. 

I hear ya. My problem now with the snow we've gotten today is getting up my driveway to get home! I did ask DS1 to shovel a bit when he got home, but I bet he'll just do the top up by the garage. It's still snowing now, but we have nowhere near what you have!

15 minutes of elliptical today, followed by 22 minutes of weights. I did some weighted squats, but didn't want to do lunges. Last week was just too painful. I'll do them, maybe tomorrow, but with less weight or fewer reps. Didn't do abs today either, so I've got more stuff I can do tomorrow.

If I was Will's aunt, that would make me the sister of his mother (or father), which would mean that I was either Jlynne's daughter or daughter in law.  I think.  Either way, it gets me out of cooking the Thanksgiving dinner.  Jlynne - what time should I show up?

ETA - go Mariposai!  Have a wonderful time, and give Soundie and CNYrunner hugs for me!

How does 3PM sound? I've got you down for the turkey and stuffing - I'll take care of the wine.

Carolyn - the picture of the snow on your deck depressed the heck out of me. It's not even November yet! Good luck shoveling out.

I'm breaking my paragraphs up now so you can all skip to the Will updates.

If you guys feel old being great aunts and uncles, imagine how I feel. I'm the grandma! Speaking of which, Will is slowly coming out of sedation. They gave him a little sponge bath and massage this afternoon, and he opened one eye. The kids say he's starting to move a little. Still intubated, but they took his chest tube out. The pictures we got this afternoon broke my heart. I know he's doing well, but one of the photos showed him so completely covered in wires, you couldn't see his body (Mom said they were running tests). We also found out that the hospital has completely shut off all visitors except the designated 4 people on my DS and DIL's list. I guess the H1N1 virus is so bad down there they don't want to take any chances. Going down Friday for a visit.

Thanks for all of the input on cross-training days. You guys are smarter and more experienced than I am and I appreciate your answers.

Good luck NYC people! Run well and have a great time.

wildchild

Carolyn

Sorry about that, Jeanne - I forgot that being a grandma sounds as old as a great aunt!  But grandson sounds cooler than great-nephew so it's OK.    Glad to hear the latest update on Baby Will!

Hang in there Jlynne.  You'll be cuddling that boy soon--he's going to be letting the medicos know he's ready to go home, I'm willing to bet.  In the meantime, God is holding him.
                        Masters 2000 miles
                        SteveP

Jeanne, if we're all Baby Will's aunts and uncles, does that make you our mom? 

I want more allowance...Oh, I need to borrow the car too...Is there gas?..I'll be home late too, don't wait up. Seeyoulaterloveyoubye

Oh yeah...the keys???

SteveP

Oh, JLynne - this must be so hard for you all.  But he's on the get-better track now, and the big surgery is behind him. 

Aamos is my idol's idol.  Once removed.  Or something.

35 minutes on the elliptical this morning. 

Getting excited about our NY runners...

Just had to post this.  He's getting to be a big boy!

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

Marathon Maniac #3309

JLynne, thank you for the updates on Baby Will......you are so sweet and cared about. All of a sudden, posting my run doesn't seem too important. What a Great Grand Ma you are Sweetie------TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

PDR - he's a cute li'l punkin!