Masters Running

Finally Friday April 12, 2019 (Read 46 times)

Spareribs good to see you here again. Post early and often!

Here you all go, 0.2 balloons

Holly S. I am voting with RunnerKSA. Actually, I would also vote to add no running for several weeks pretty much no matter what. Give it time to really heal up if nothing else. As for that dinner, I have escaped a number of "free" dinners which would have led to eating a whole meal of bad food.

coastwalker geez you have no idea what you are missing by avoiding hamstring problems. 

Last night DW and I went to NYC to see The Ferryman and then stayed overnight at a hotel. It is a story that takes place sometime during the height of the IRA related violence in Northern Ireland. It is a pretty interesting show and if you get a chance to see it, I think you would be glad you went. This morning I took the train home. I had planned to run, but it was drizzling. Cold, damp, miserable running weather. Plus, there is Rule #1 and out of an abundance of caution that I might break it, I had breakfast and headed to the office instead. 

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

spacityrunner

Walked to a neighbors to watch some doggies play.  It was fun!  She gave me a Wills cinnamon roll for breakfast tomorrow.  They are the best!

Trails Rock!

Joe618

Hi all, 

Having laptop problems this evening, so can't post the pix I mentioned earlier today.   You'll survive.   We're packed and will be out the door by 4:45am. 

Will have some connectivity from Boston but could be iffy to connect here. 

If you are interested, my bib # is 24194.   Feel free to follow on Monday.    If anyone sees my finish time, please go ahead and post it here, I don't know when I'll be able to connect here on Monday.   Gonna be wet but now appears to be less cold than earlier feared. 

Off to try to sleep!!!

Joe

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

Safe travels, Joe.  I’ll be tracking you!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, another quick post <sigh>.  My apologies (again!).  Anyway, did get up early and over to the Y to teach the class I'm "inheriting" for about 90 days or so.  I hope the instructor is ok but I have no idea what's going on.  After class to work.  Towards the end of the day I got in a short run (about 4+ miles or so) then was joined by our new wing weapons safety civilian (full disclosure, for a brief period of time we worked together in Aviano--I was a captain and he was a new Technical Sergeant; it was very cool when he showed up here) for a 16 mile bike ride, mostly road with some gravel.  We had a chance to catch up on the last 25 plus years.

Joe, Tyvek!!  <slaps forehead>  That's a fantastic idea.  How the heck did I not think of that.  Have a good trip and enjoy the experience.  It's unlike any marathon/event/experience I've ever had.  You'll love it.

RunnerKSA, Hmmmm….we moved from Pittsburgh in November 1977 (I had just started junior high) to Birmingham and except for my 6 months at Chanute AFB, IL and 3 years in Aviano (about the same distance north as Minneapolis) have also been south of the M-D line ever since (2 years in Winchester, VA....but still south of that line).  FWIW, I carry my own fan to set up for my spin bike.

The whole .2 balloon thing had me laughing.

Have a greta night everyone!

Joe - you have very thoughtful co-workers!! Safe travels!!  I'll be one of the many yellow coat volunteers covered in clear rain gear at the start line Monday!!

Holly - so sorry about your foot  My feet are cranky right now, but think it's more from lack of stretching than anything serious

Hi Ribs!!

No running today - just walked from Fenway to the hospital in the morning, put in over 14,000 steps on the labor floor, and walked back to the garage after work soaking in all the Fenway fun!!

denise

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Good luck at Boston, Joe!  I will follow you as much as possible!  Since I have been with this group, the Boston Marathon has become more exciting to me than the Super Bowl.  I wish I had the day off and could watch the leaders on TV as I follow runners I know on the Boston tracking device.  Unfortunately, Patriots' Day is not celebrated in Minnesota and I can't afford to take a vacation day, right now.  By the way...why isn't Patriots' Day celebrated in Minnesota...

…and except for my 6 months at Chanute AFB, IL...

Falcon--my dad was stationed at Chanute from 1959 to 1965.  My younger brother was born there.

Leslie--man, I wish you could figure out what is going on.  You have been dealing with this for a long time.  I really feel bad for you.  I feel bad for all of you dealing with injuries.

You're a good grandma, Jlynne!

I went 6 miles on the treadmill.  It was just too sloppy outside.  I'll, for sure, go out tomorrow.

Okay--that's about all I got.  See ya!