Masters Running

Monday's Daily, 3.19.18 (Read 38 times)

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Jay--I go through periods of time--like a week or two at a time--when I can't sleep...I have my whole life.  I've slept pretty well for awhile, now...maybe I'm due.  I hope you sleep better, tonight.

KSA--I had a feeling you'd get in a few more miles.

I was shocked, one Christmas, when it cost me twice as much as the gifts I was sending to Mikey's girls in Alaska....but it wasn't close to $558.00!  I'm glad you got it worked out.

Well, the legs came back a bit to allow me to get my "strength" workout in.  3 x 2 miles under 6:40 with a 1/2 mile rest in between.  But they were still tougher than they should have been, I think.  Anyway--with warm up and cool down--I went 9 miles.

Okay--gotta go.  See ya!

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, bed magnet 1, Falconfixer 0 this morning.  Pretty much ok with that.  Did get in a slow, shuffling 3.2 today.  After my first couple, I always try to go as fast as I can for as far as I can the day after a marathon.  Usually turns out to 3 to 5 miles at a 10 to 11 minute mile pace.  After that I exchanged running shorts for bike shorts and taught my spin class.  Told them ahead of time that my resistance knob would be "set" lower today but for the most part did the ride with the class.

Thanks for the responses on my marathon.  Still need to do a report, if only to try and figure out what the heck happened.  Never cramped (did have some hammy tightness), didn't really eat during the race...but never felt hungry during the race (I've overeaten trying to hit an arbitrary goal for calorie intake), drank mostly water through the course and never felt it "collect" in my stomach.  The 3:25 goal was in sight until about mile 20 then with greater and greater rapidity my pace slowed.  Seems like an almost classic case of undertraining.  Oh well, anyway I'll post in the daily whenever I post the RR in the weekend race thread.

Coastwalker, that brought back memories.  After my first one (did not take the long runs seriously) I had to walk downstairs backwards for 2 or 3 days.  Luckily no stairs at work at the time, but I didn't climb any equipment either.  I must say I did look down the apartment stairs (I'm on the 2nd floor) for an extra second or two before I headed down them....

Fattozig, So can I make a “What can Brown do for you?” joke?  <ducks and runs out of the room?

Have a great night everyone!

<edit to add.....after trying for 40 minutes....I still can't add photos!>

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Speaking of zzzzleep, though few can fall into a deep sleep so fast usually in three-or-four minutes and I had a solid seven-and-a-half hour deep sleep that they somehow measured as only seven hours during last month's apnea overnight, the results indicate "obstructive sleep apnea" especially during REM deep sleep from supposedly excessive nocturnal brain activity with 44.7 "sleep apnea events" per hour vs. normal/acceptable of only 5/hour to say nothing of an abnormally low "oxyhemoglobin saturation nadir" of 81% (vs. acceptable of 90%) all combining to reduce sleep efficiency to 85% so I'm a candidate for a CPAP I'll find out about during an appointment at the end of the month.  How can so much good sleeping be so wrong? I wish my running efficiency was 85%.  zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

SteveP

Jay - Sorry about the sleepless night. Ugh

Holy UPSy Doodle Leslie. My heart would have dropped.

Twocat - I can understand wanting to keep the peace. I've seen too many sibs loose touch after the parents pass.

Tet - your heart efficiency is 100%.

SteveP