Masters Running

DST Monday, 1.14.16 (Read 39 times)

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

55F

misty morning

4 miles; 37:18

DST and a bit of a cold prompted me to turn the 0435 alarm off and roll over. The next thing we know, Ralph awakens and says, "Oh my! It is late! But I slept really well."  He never even heard the alarm. He went to work. I rolled over again. Eventually, King Leonidas and I headed out in the mist to run 4 miles. However. Leon is a 3 miles dog. That last mile was spent in battle with him.  It is not dog abuse, I promise you. Because we take a walk/sniff break frequently. He is healthy as evidenced by his ability to zoom in the direction of a spastic squirrel as it darts across the path or road. He made me laugh. One of his dominating tactics this morning? He slowly and slyly ran behind me, going from running on my right side to behind me and then ending up on my left side.  I think he was trying to lasso me with the leash. Kind of like calf-roping?  I was wise to him, though, and moved the leash to the front. All in all, it was a fine misty morning run.

Jay, loved the rw report. I agree, you and Bob pushed each other to do well. Recover well!

Holly, we had a similar run this morning.

Aamos, congrats to you and DH on another good race. And, yes, more than pencils!  My nephew's wife (may I just say my niece?), is an elementary school music teacher.  She was able to buy mini-keyboards for her students!

Starr, I love reading about you and DH's cultural pursuits. Keep writing about the plays and all. I live vicariously.

MikeE, you sure have a way with words!

Marj and Henry, yikes to the tummy trouble. Hope all settles back to normal soon.

Slo_,  you are on your way to a nice race. Keep up the good work. And best wishes to your goddaughter. One of my goddaughters turns 22 years old tomorrow. We never stop praying for our godchildren. But confirmation is rewarding. Although that was one long mass!

Wildchild, oh no. Please get that knee fixed. Smart choice to not aggravate it on a climb, hike, backpack... the rocket scientist is still considering Casper. He really had a good run on Saturday!

Tomwhite, remember to carry water with you. Replenish some of that wonderful sweat.

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

Hi Friends

Waiting to hear if I can spring Steven from rehab this afternoon - case manager having a hard time dealing with some of the details to set up in home PT/VNA and his insurance. He really needs to be home!!

Ran a slow, easy 2.2 miles today with a short .1 walk break in the middle. Although I was "aware" of that piriformis muscle, I can't say it was really pain. Hopefully I am on the recovery side. Looked up some self ART and stretches for piriformis syndrome now that I feel like I can finally breathe again and pay a little attention to myself!

Holly - fun weekend!!

Erika - great mileage last week!

Marj and Henry hope you are both back up to your selves soon!

denise

Sayhey! MM#130

Hoping the lad gets home tonight, deez!  He DOES need to be home.

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

He's home!!!! Thank you all so much for your kind words and support!!  He starts in home PT tomorrow and you can bet this mom will make sure he does his exercises and the stairs to regain his strength!! 

denise

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

He's home!!!! Thank you all so much for your kind words and support!!  He starts in home PT tomorrow and you can bet this mom will make sure he does his exercises and the stairs to regain his strength!! 

Excellent!

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

Mike E

MM #5615

That really is fantastic news, deez!

I did 6 miles, tonight.

That's it!  Gotta go!  See ya!

Deez, so happy that Steven is home! He's got the best nurse ever now!

Tomwhite, did you know that you can just shake your iPhone to erase what you typed? Oh, never mind.....

Erika, I thought you had a wonky knee last week, no need to have you on the list for sure with that kind of mileage.

Rosie, I want to run in your swamp one day and along Coastwalkers shore and along the Orchards in bloom and on a dirt trail in the park in Texas and most  especially those wild Colorado trails. Sorry you can't go on your trip, wild. Hope the doctor helps. Great race report, Jay, you are becoming more and more competitive, aren't you? Your dedication to the race walking clinics has certainly helped your own skills too.

I nearly overslept this morning too. I stayed up past midnight sewing a quilt and it was morning before I knew it.  I took a couple of Advil before I ran tonight and it seemed to help. I willed myself to not slack off and ended up with a 12:15 pace, good for me and the best this year since I didn't take any walk breaks.  I Wonder if anyone sees me and thinks, "If that old fat lady can run around the lake then I certainly can!" I guess I will never know 😀

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

Mariposai

The best news for weeks!!

As for me, 6 slow miles. First run since I became sick a week ago and it felt heavenly. I felt pretty  happy too during my mile walk in the afternoon. Life is grand.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

Deez that's excellent news! What a relief!

Starr, no bad knee voodoo please! If anything gives me problems, it's my hip or ankles but so far they're behaving!

Glad to see Mari on the mend. We've had a flu bug or something going around here lately and it seems to hang on for a long time. DH is feeling better but he's not 100% yet. My coworkers have been sick off and on for what seems like weeks. So far, I'm fine and glad I have a door I can shut. Wash those hands early and often, everyone!

Got out for a late run today, well 5 pm when I left. We got snow today and it covered up the ice very deceptively! A few more paths have been plowed though (spring plowing) so it was nice to run on another "new" bike path that I haven't run on since last fall. 5.8 miles in a chilly 20° with a breeze from the NW.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Fantastico.

With a mother like you,

it's no wonder he's home, . . .

and's gunna stay there!

yippee.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)