Masters Running

Thursday 3/7/24 Almost-Spring Runs and Workouts (Read 34 times)

TammyinGP

I don't know much about Buffalo NY, but just based on the weather I've seen at some of the Bills game, that's a hard no for me!  lol. 

Enke - what an awful and tragic thing to have happened and then when it's someone you know, it makes it hit all the closer.

On a similar note, I just found out last night that a good friend of ours, his daughter is an ultra runner in Oregon (routinely places in the top finishers of pretty much every race she enters) and is an avid cyclist. She was cycling about a week ago, although I'm unsure if it was a group ride/event or she was just cycling on her own, but she got hit by someone exceeding the speed limit - by alot!  - the 80 yr old that hit her, hit his accelerator instead of the brake and mowed her down. She's lucky to be alive. Her helmet saved her. Her dad showed us some pics of her in the hosp and we've never seen anyone so black and blue.   It'll be a long long recovery road. 

The sun is out and while it feels toasty warm through my office window, I'm sure it's still quite chilly. But hoping to leave here in a couple hrs and get in a nice run.

Tammy

Enke - that story is crazy!! So glad her friends were able to remain calm and help her!!

Holly - enjoy your day off tomorrow!!

Tet - love those random acts of kindness

Leslie - love the stone heart

Carolyn - sorry you had to return to winter - maybe a move to PA is in your future??

Retirement planning - we think we will use our camper in Maine May-October, go somewhere warm Jan-March and still have to figure out the in between months.

6 miles with the SS gang in the rain this morning - thought we might eek by without rain when we first started, but nope - drenched by the time we finished!!

Church, prayer group and had my endocrine appt, need to schedule Reclast #2 - last year was on March 22 so getting close to that one year mark.

Dinner out tonight with friends from the girl gang!!

It's almost the weekend - oh wait - I work Friday and Saturday this week so my weekend is not the same as most 

denise

Tammy- that's terrible.

Enke- that is so scary.

Life is precious.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

wildchild

Carolyn

Carolyn - sorry you had to return to winter - maybe a move to PA is in your future??

No, absolutely not!  DH and I left the east coast 40 years ago and have no desire to go back.  And at this point, our daughter, son-in-law, and grandson live in Colorado, so this is where my heart is!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

I hear you, Carolyn.  If I was forced to go back to PA, it would be like a prison sentence.  Lovely area, but not for me.  I like to say that I was born in the South and I got back as fast as I could!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

deez/KSA - me too on staying put, that is, unless we had an RV to go wherever we wanted. Have fun.

enke - understand your deferral but MBE should come back with some good information and tips plus he'll probably have a more "no-holds-barred" version of your cougar hot tub than you might like to reveal or be revealed.

Holly - based on what I saw of the only flowering shrubs and trees in the late afternoon sunshine at the Japanese Garden this afternoon, the fallen red flowers we've been seeing in your Ohio, and here, might be camelias.

No random acts of kindness today but definitely some unsolicited advice: a little kid dragging his mother around the main pond looking for carp who I had to call out to "take it easy" and wait for your mother as he ran off to the bridge at the other end where I told him I'd just seen some of the colorful orange and white delights.  Next time I'll take some bread to be sure.

ps - the still bright sun not even close to its setting today at 6:04 pm when I got back at 4:30 pm instead of it already being sunset two months ago in the December darkness will be getting even better with this Sunday's first DST sunset not until 7:08 pm. Yippee.

ps - all in all, a great third month anniversary of the 12/7/23 knee operation.  Now if I can just stay off the PK's again tonight for a PR third night in a row without them.  Unfortunately, I guess I'll be celebrating tomorrow with another of the still ongoing, no-end-in-sight, Physical Torture sessions that've been Medicare okayed until, at least, April.  Yuk, . . . but that's okay. In a perverse sort of way, I really like Dr. Torture.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #957

Tet - no, the trees that are dropping their red buds right now are the eastern redbud maple tree. They have beautiful, brilliant red colors in the fall as well.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."