Masters Running

Titillating Tuesday - 01-26-16 (Read 37 times)

Slo

Quick check in...not much to say, just wish April was closer...not that I'm tired of winter but it is much easier to actually get a good workout in when you're not dressed for the winter elements.

2.5 miles this am, slick roads, 23 mph winds. I thought I'd venture back out after work tonight but the winds haven't died down and the melt from todays high is starting to refreeze making the roads slick again.

moebo

Leslie, I enjoyed that recap, too. Thanks!

No road running for me yet this week--not enough shoulder cleared. So 4.5 on the TM yesterday and 4.2 today. That's three TM runs in a row, not my favorite but better than nothing I guess.

Oh yeah, almost forgot! I chuckled so much I had to hang onto the handles listening to this. I can SO relate...

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

And who lives near Shamrock?  I'm thinking of doing that next year....

Well we live about an hour away but, I think Amy was referring to Meg, she lives right there.

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

Henrun

henrun, what's wrong with that knee??

It's my old nemesis arthritis- it pops up every so often. Nothing new but painful and annoying. Have to wear a knee brace and occ. Advil. Did some cycling at the Y yesterday and it helped. Should do more swimming.

Tammy, congrats to you and your son for winning runner of the year in your respective age groups.  Nice long runs for fatozzig and ribs.

This morning, it was in the high 30s and quite windy.  I did 5 miles at an 11:43 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

mrrun

Twocat - thanks for the meatloaf recipe - definitely a keeper!

marj

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Hey--great recap, Leslie!

Sorry I haven't contributed much in here for a couple weeks--I've just been busy.

I have started running again after taking two weeks off.  I have to say--I have really enjoyed it.  I have been filling my time with helping the grandson build his pinewood derby car--which I'm not real happy with--but we'll see how it does on Saturday.  Then, my granddaughter told me about a project she has to do for school, so I jumped right into that, too.  She's in 8th grade and I have really had fun working with her on this project.  She has to build an earthquake proof structure with just popsicle sticks and wood glue.  We're building a pyramid.  We figured they've been around for awhile so thought we'd give it a try...although, I'm pretty sure they weren't built with popsicle sticks.

Okay--that's it--gotta go--see ya!

evanflein

Hi Laurie! I remember you, too. Welcome and post often!

Holly, kudos to you for even trying. I'm worthless with hair, my own or anyone else's. That's part of why I cut mine kinda short. I do kinda miss my pony tail though. And yes, fully familiar with the turning around into the slight breeze that freezes your face off. My eyelashes ice up something crazy.

Glad you guys seemed to survive the snow dump. I think Predawnrunner and WillRunForBeer got hit the hardest. And we haven't had snow in a month or so. New snow, I should say. We still have plenty of the old stuff and it's packed down and polished at the intersections into a hazardous slick mess. Gotta love spikes.

Congrats to Tammy and David, that's really cool! Funny about him goading his HS runner friends.

Too far behind here to comment much. I'm no Leslie and certainly no Jay, but I've read (quickly) the last couple of days to see what you've been up to. Welcome home, Tet. One of these days you're going to have to venture farther north and pay me a visit!!

We've been having pretty nice days here with temps in the teens and today it got over 20° which is just nuts for late January in Fairbanks! It's going to continue for the next week or so, so I'm going with it. Will get over 200 miles for January, yay! 5.7 yesterday on flat paths and snowpacked trails, 5.7 today on hills. Not planned, just worked out that way. 

Finally pulling out of my depression over the disappointing game Sunday - just kidding!! Sad for Patriot nation, but the mice that invaded our football food fest at work has more of an impact on my daily life that any game ever will!!

Finished up 3 very busy days in a row now looking forward to 6 days off!! Sad part is my sciatica has decided to rear its ugly head again so not sure what the week will bring for running!! Going to a new chiro tomorrow and hope he can help get me back out there on the sooner side!!

Happy trails my friends!!

denise

Mariposai

Is it only Tuesday??? It feels like Friday around here.

8 miles at pre-dawn; 3 splendid miles with my running buddie, the rest, what can I say... I was abandoned and I had to do it all alone .

Tonight was 1:30' of a very challenging winter wellness program. Such a fun community event with an awesome trainer, which is paid for by the profits from the Omak Orchards in Bloom I organize. Just sweet to the heart, very sweet.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Finally pulling out of my depression over the disappointing game Sunday 

Unfortunately, I know the feeling of having a season end on an interception as the Pats did to the Seahawks last year but at least your team can be proud they did their best on their own instead of having to lose because their coach ordered them the stupidest play in playoff or SuperBowl history.  And yes, losing on our own too last week is helping me get over it, .  . but not that much.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

SteveP

Ribs...How is Lucy?

Enke, I'd love to have DW go on some of the exploration runs with me.

Hey Tsunami!! The only advice I have is to believe in yourself, put one foot in front of the others and double knot your laces.

I'm not Jay, but . . . .

SteveP is dealing with someone who needs remedial training in numbers.

Basically, there are three types of people: those who are good with numbers and those who are not. The fella at work zips through as if suppliers never run out and ship exactly what's ordered and no one makes mistakes. I don't mind taking over responsibilities where I can make a positive difference. I've been asked to train some people as well. Thank goodness I'm hourly.

Work out is work related. We had a window delivery that was nearly 2/3 of a 53 semi. 80 windows off, separated and stowed in just over and hour.That includes correcting paperwork errors on the manifest. But not following up with a damage claim. The driver said he thought we were going to be his only stop for the day. 1 1/2 hours of cross training with the snow blower.

SteveP

''Basically, there are three types of people: those who are good with numbers and those who are not. ''

.....I Love It.......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....