Masters Running

Wednesday, January 6 Daily reporting (Read 504 times)

Busy day, but squeezed in 4 easy miles---clear day and not so cold at 18º when I ran this morning. Legs are tired, but not too bad after all the weekend's mileage. I'll be ramping up into the 70s and then even the 80s once I hit March. Yee Haw!

((((Holly)))) Pretty amazing to make it to 44 years-old having never failed a test. I know that's cold comfort, but you are working so hard and have so much going on. You'll ace it next time. Of this I am sure. Good recovery plan too---bubble bath and glass of wine. Oh the sadness when I failed a German test in college and it's my first language! I am fluent, but never learned how to really write in German apparently. Eek....not a happy phone call home that year. 

Wow Deez! 

Aamos---I too am glad they arrested the arsonist and just hope they have all the facts correct. very sad all around and quite scary. I still don't see how one person could set so many fires in just over an hour. Makes me worry that there is a much larger group at work here. The funerals for the father and son who died in the fires were held over the weekend and the community turned out in strength. A renewed commitment to community has emerged out of horrible tragedy.

Aamos - even if you don't dress the pup to be cute, that is a pretty cute story

Holly - yet another test story - I started my music degree when I was almost 30.  Up until then, I hadn't scored lower than a B on any test, all the way through grad school, but I got a 45% (!!!!!) on my first music theory test, mostly because I put the stems on the notes in the wrong direction.  Talk about learning a lesson the hard way.  You'll do terrific on the re-do, but with all you're doing right now, I think you deserve another hot bath and glass of wine then, too.

Got home late again tonight, but after three days back at school, every part of me needed to get out there and run.  The plan was for either a half hour or about an hour.  Since the temps and wind chill were both in the low 30s - practically spring - I went for a little over an hour, counting a mile of walking.  My backside is freezing, but the rest of me feels better than it has in days.

Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

I'm lovin' these "failed test" stories. I once let my driver's license lapse and had to re-take the driver's license test....it took me three tries! (I had been driving for over a decade, but was living in Philly and didn't have a car for many years)

What else......a 33 on a Spanish exam, three years to pass calculus....Thank God I had the sense to drop Biology before there was a test.

4 on the treadmill, in a gym full of Resolutionaries (Got that from the swamp here on RA)

Walt

evanflein

Yeah, I hear that, Walt. The gym was it's usual empty place at lunchtime, but the pool (different facility) was packed tonight! I had to change lanes a couple times to get away from people who wanted to swim fast or real splashers. Ended up in a edge lane with a quiet gal doing the breast stroke. That worked. Got 40 minutes at a pretty good clip. Odd how sometimes my ankle/foot hurts after days like this. I don't think I'm doing too much (many people do doubles, and I'm not doing over 50 minutes in either workout, and for pete's sake I sit on my butt all day at work!) but sometimes at the end of the day, the whole thing aches. Odd.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

erika - don't think I've already got taper madness tapering madly through at least next month but, since we found out we have the same kind of scandinavian feet when we were at the Phiten store (and since I'm saying it everywhere else today - I guess I'm lucky that RA isn't sponsored by a shoe company), maybe keep your shoes off after you get out of the pool and walk around a little before puttin' 'em back on.

good luck.

At least being 35 below isn't that conducive to running that much, . . . is it?

==============================

ps - I guess I should have been thinking about it up there when i thought I was getting cold from a measly 42 degrees in Lake Washington. Thanks tammy and all my sympathizers. At least it won't happen again for another year. Smile

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)