Masters Running

December 1 Rundaily (Read 37 times)

Holly - that had to be the worst choice of uniforms anyone ever designed!!  Hope your foot feels better soon - sorry you can't be home resting it more!!

BTY - jammers just look like regular bike/swim/run shorts to me

I am trying very hard not to click on that link and see the photo -- give me strength!!!

3.2 mile power walk - no jogging intervals today, 45 minute Peleton ride followed by a 5 minute cool-down ride and some stretching

I want to start decorating for Christmas, but I live with Scrooge so it isn't really fun 

denise

wildchild

Carolyn

Deez, my DH is also a scrooge, so I don't decorate much anymore.  I usually put up some lights, though, even though we don't do a tree any more.

5.2 miles around the 'hood on a nice afternoon - warm enough for shorts again.  Where is the snow we usually have by now???   Not that I'm complaining about the nice weather, but we really need some moisture.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

BTY

Double session of swimming today, like yesterday.  First session was about 15:00 each of Breaststroke, backstroke, and freestyle pull only with pull buoy.   500 yards breaststroke in 13:05, 800 yards backstroke in 14:48, and 800 yards freestyle in 13:54. Then I had to book it back to the HS to pick up GN after his indoor track workout, drop him off at the house and scoot back to the pool for session II.  2 x 200 yards backstroke in 3:22 and 3:21, then 2 x 300 yards freestyle in 5:03 and 5:09.   I was swimming a lot faster than I meant to and was feeling it after 1,000 yards.  I really did mean for that second session to be a n easy to moderate workout but it wound up moderate to hard, so I stopped at 1,000.

Total of 3200 yards for the day.   I was actually due for a rest day today but I hate seeing a blank mileage total for the month by resting on Day 1.  So I'll get my rest day tomorrow maybe.

Bad news on the family front.  GN's father decided he wants out of the program.  That will not end well.  GN would never show us but he's enjoying living here, and it seems more than a coincidence that his father decided he wants out of the program 2 days after seeing how well he is doing here at our home.  Something in him wants his son to be the same miserable loser that he is, and he has no habitable home to go back to.  No wood for heat, a hole in the roof, no food in the refrigerator.  But GN wants to be with his Dad so I'm 99% sure he'll go back with him and have to start all over again at the local public school.  Too bad but I guess we knew this was a probability more than a possibility when we signed up for it.  And of course his father announced this to his mother (my sister in law) on her birthday, just as she was getting ready to go out and celebrate with her husband.  Called to tell her his decision, but didn't wish her a happy birthday or make mention of it at all.  But she created this monster I guess.

BTY

BTY - jammers just look like regular bike/swim/run shorts to me

Zackly.   But when they are new they have a compression quality about them.  As they get older and begin to lose that, they are better for biking and running but need something under or over them for modesty.  Funny, I bought a new pair of jammers about 5-6 weeks ago and for the first time I tried ones made of recycled material.   They are maintaining their structural integrity but have faded from dark black to somewhere between gray and silver.  Will be trying a different material next time.  None of my other jammers have had a problem with fading.  But all of the others, by this point, would have started stretching out a bit.  Weird.

Oh no, BTY.  That is terrible!  I wish GN would stay with you.  I hate that he has to switch schools, activities, etc, not to mention the dysfunctional living situation with his father.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

That really stinks, BTY.  Dang it!  I was really hoping for something better to come from all of this.  I will continue to pray for the whole situation.

I get teased a little bit because I run in running shorts... that are short shorts... and I don't care.

I went out tonight for 8 miles in my running shorts... then I changed into some longer shorts to go workout with my grandson.

Okay--that's all I got.  See ya!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

. . . no habitable home to go back to.  

No wood for heat,

a hole in the roof,

no food in the refrigerator.  

But GN wants to be with his Dad . . .

BTY - too bad.

Don’t ask how I know but, if those living conditions were out here even in Seattle’s mild winter, if they had any inkling, CPS’d be checking up and probably looking for a better home (yours?).  Unfortunately, it’s hard for a boy not to want to have his father's approval whatever the father wants.

No matter what, since you did what you could when you had the chance, including showing other options to GN, you need have no regrets as his life marches on . Good job.

The Seattle media now warning "not to panic" just because the new variant already with 50 mutants, increased transmissibility, etc. is already on the West Coast (San Francisco) and without a doubt also here too just waiting for testing reminded me of similar assurances on March 3, 2020 when the original was starting to explode and panic was starting to set in.
                May be an image of text that says 'OVID-19: PLAN, DON'T PANIC EWEST NUMBERS 31 new cases at Life Care Center 162 confirmed statewide 70% of positives DOH: 22 deaths 50 yrs or older'

ps jay- out in the yard as today’s abatement continued unabated,

I thought of all the ones for this month too.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

I won't comment on the attire conversation, except to say/agree, WTH?

3.1 miles around the 'hood (as Carolyn says).

57 and windy. I'll take that any day. My neighbour saw me out running, when I was walking.  I shouldn't be embarrassed but I was.

No rain, unlike the previous 2 days, or is that 20 days?

I had 2 rest days in a row, and my legs felt happy about that. No weird twinges either.

My times are coming down quickly, but that is easy to accomplish when first starting back.  I'm still taking several short walk breaks.

I noticed my resting HR in the morning today was about 52, instead of about 60 when I was not exercising.

It's fun monitoring these physiological changes.

Holiday party tomorrow, and looking forward to seeing many colleagues in person.  Plus a free Uber ride home.  Smile

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

SteveP

Thank You For The Recap BioGuy.

I'd still like the shorter shorts for solo workouts and I liked Bikesliding shorts for riding the mountain bike. They used a very heavy duty burlap/spandex material. Stuff stayed where you adjusted it. It was nuts.

SMH @ the knee length shorts.

Perhaps it is palindrome Hump Day? Anyone got a pic of a camel that looks the same from both ends?

Rochrunner - My nephew still lives in Oxford. Sadly, it can happen anywhere. With rights come responsibilities.

Good luck with the kitties Leslie.

Googled "Bad Bike Shorts"...I have to redo my Holiday Wish List.

(((((Holly's Foot)))))

I'm surprised DW hasn't gotten after me to bring the Christmas stuff up.

BTY - I'm sorry for the GN news. I know parents who seemed to have done everything right and a kid or to had chosen an awful path.

There's awful parents whose kids have grown up to be responsible. You have made a permanent difference in GN. There are times he'll forget. Hopefully, he'll have an epiphany and realize that someone believed in him.

4.1 miles in. We had the annual reindeer pancake breakfast for the grandkids.

SteveP

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Steve - when did you start reindeer pancakes?

On your own?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)