Masters Running

Tuesday, October 13 Runs and Tapers (Read 541 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

I'm with Aamos, I avoid capris because they have a bad mental image for me of the old 60's pedal pushers.  Just can't see myself wearing them.   But unlike Holly, I don't think long pants slow me down.  I actually run faster when its cold.

Wishing pizzaz and calm to you taper maniacs!  You'll all rock your races this weekend.

I had a fun, fast trail run after work, 5.5 miles at a 10:07 avg pace, running through the fallen leaves on single track trail.  Wheee!  It was 53° at the start, and the sun went down behind the divide before the end, so I ran hard to stay warm, since I was in shorts and tee shirt.  Like I said, I run faster when its cool! Although actually the first two miles were the fastest, because it's downhill on the way out and uphill coming back.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I guess this must mean your tapering coach got fired this time.

don't worry, however, my current taper streak is now up to 36 days

so I'll be glad to loan you as many as you need.

ps - in the unlikely event any tapering is allowed before whatever is in store for NYC <<<(BQ/BQ)>>> <<<(fun/fun)>>>

(or maybe both), maybe you could still ghost another RR for PRincess October who's followed up the four  PR's

from last October (5K/5mi/10K/mary) with that giant 15 minute mary PR/CR on Sunday.

Track afternoon for me.

This speed workout is so much more fun when the wiseone is watching me,

thank you Ribs to your willingness to pick up a clueless runner before her marathon.

2 miles warm up; 2x100m striders, a few tai chi moves to loosen up the joins

and deep breathing before the following

1x1000m at 5:04 (8:09) with 90 sec. intervals each

2x1000m at 5:03 (8:01)

2x1000m at 4: 59 (7:51)

1x1000m at 5:04 (8:09)

I guess this was a good practice for the noisy crowd that will be awaiting me at NYC.

Quote from Mariposai on 10/10/2009 at 9:03 PM ......I was just going to go for a few miles, but my legs just wanted to keep on going, so I kept running . This brings me to 67 miles for the week, the highest weekly miles I have ever ran in my life. . . . and now let the taper begin. He said: oh boy...

Quote from Mariposai on 10/10/2009 at 5:50 PM

22 miles for me enjoying the Columbia River as it meanders thru the hills and valleys.

I was able to fit in  just one 20, one  21 and one 22 miler and that is all folks.

Now let the taper begging and NYC here I come...

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

I like all this hopping around! 

hi dg!*   Hi WoodsLady!  Pet Gato for me (btw, Sox is now blind in both eyes, poor kitty!).

Greetings from the 23rd parallel.  My students found out I liked sweets (heh...some secrets you just shouldn't keep to yourself) and gave me a big bag full of assorted Chinese candies today.  Hooray!

Today's my rest day in a cutback week; I need it fer shur. 

Go 'Posalina!

*calm pizzazz, calm pizzazz

evanflein

OMG Rosie... some of those images just brought the tears. I'm not always sure why I run, but I'm glad I have the will and the ability to do it. Thanks.
            PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

PBJ, I'd pay for a Manchester United shirt for my son! He'd wear a large I guess. He's 6'2" but lean. Send me a message if you can do it so we can arrange deets!

Erika,

If I have the opportunity, and can find an open shop, I'll purchase one for you.  But don't tell my coworker from France - he's a big Manchester City guy.  (I'll be in Manchester Friday late afternoon through early morning Saturday - my flight back to the states leaves at 11).