Masters Running

Beacon on the Bay RR (Read 344 times)

When is your Marathon? It is not your first, is it?
    Yes, it'll be my first M. April 27th, Oklahoma City Memorial.
    Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
      Nicely run, evryday! Not sure if you've ever run a 25k before (don't think I have, are they common around your parts? Not here), but you did great on that length of course, executing a good plan by gradually starting to bring it down at the 10k point and picking off runners. Looks like it was a pretty winter day, but what's this about a "beacon" (I think lighthouse, when I see that word) on a "bay" in Oklahoma? I just can't quite picture those two things in OK. Love the photos. I agree with CNY. Very artsy. Wink I always feel faster dressed in black, too. Next time, though, you need the shades to polish the look. Cool
      SteveP

That's a kewl pace for a race that long. It's also kewl to run with others who show us what having guts is about...The blind runner for example. Thanks for sharing your race with us.

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

Well done, and I love the photos! (Brrr, though, cold for a race in my book...)

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."