Masters Running

TGIF, 6/12 Master Runs (Read 325 times)

Holly  - I'm appalled that the airline charges that much extra -what a racket ;-(.  You'll do fine in the interim ;-).

dg - be careful or we'll have matching wounds!  The hand is doing great this week.  I started with some light lifting on Monday - was a little painful but OK. I was up to 15  -20 pound weights today with very little pain.  Good run - glad you enjoyed it (except for that pesky concrete).

Mariposai - huge congratulations to your DS - have a great time at graduation!  Pictures, please!!

Doug - nice ride - the french toast and bacon make me hungry.  Still chuckling about the Italian ladies.

TomS - very nice run - negative splits are always good.

Just got back from a core/weight workout.  There were a couple of 30-something guys next to me trying to learn how to do handstands, flips, etc.  It was entertaining to say the least.  Especially when a cute little 20-something gal slipped in and started showing them up.  I don't think I was ever quite that limber........

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

evanflein

Nono, I've tried something similar to that with my dog just to get her to not use the lawn. Before she can go where she wants, I lead her over to the side of the yard where we have a brush pile and weeds, stop and she goes. I tell her "good girl!" and she looks very pleased with herself. But we let her out to do her thing unattended too often. My lawn looks horrible.

Holly, I'm surprised they charge $100? My kids travel alone frequently and we've never paid an extra fee... did you say you wanted "unattended minor" benefits (where they keep tabs on them and walk them to the next gate, etc)? We never do that, figure our kids are independent enough. Ours have flown and traveled a lot since baby-hood so it's no big deal. DS2 is going to soccer camp in McMinnville OR in early July and is traveling with two other teammates whose parents are glad he's going with them. And yes, DS1 is always asking "when is he leaving again??"

Karin... bears! Wow... I pass moose calves every now and then and get pretty freaked out wondering where mama is, but never bears. Enjoy your time at home; you sure do travel a lot.

I'm so glad it's Friday. No run scheduled today but the boys have soccer tonight (after DS2 has soccer clinic all afternoon), DH is taking my car to Valdez this afternoon to go halibut fishing so we just have the one vehicle... so it might be tricky but I'd love to do some pool running tonight. When I was finishing up my run last night, I felt so hot, sweaty and salty (ok, it was only 77 but that felt hot to me!!) I thought of being in the pool. How did Perch used to put it? "30 minutes of pool running... Ahhhh!" That sounded so good, but it'll be a trick to make it happen.

SteveP

http://www.9and10news.com/category/story/?id=155576

The above link is for my favorite spring time place. Irises are kewl.

SteveP

Holly: I sent you a message yesterday re P90X, I LOVE it BTW

Roch: I don't know what it is about cycling but I definitely work up an appetite that I don't get when I'm running, hmmm, weird.

5.34 mi general run in 46 min (8:38 pace), a few hills along the way; looking forward to my 17 miler tomorrow!

GL racers!

rs

Troy Strawberry Festival 10k - 6/7/09 - Goal 46:xx -->46:18!!; Americana 5k - 7/4/09 - Goal 21:xx-->21:12!!; Brookville 5 miler - 7/25/09 - Goal-->34:xx-->36:21; Crim 10 Miler - 8/22/09 - Goal sub-1:15-->1:14:14!!; Alter 5k - 9/5/09 - Goal 20:xx-->20:32; AF Marathon - 9/19/09 - Goal sub-3:38 (PR)--> 3:41 (BQ)
            Ursus Americanus!      I had one in front of me on my woods road today also, Karin!   Mine was a one yr. old, and I didn't see Mama, and if there was another, I don'tknow.  I put up my arms, and made myself big, and "barked".  He headed the other way, but in order to get to my path to go home, I had to go the same way.  I usually have Robby, my big noisy dog, who clears the path for me, but Robby is at camp this weekend.   Think I will stay clear of the woods until Robby can go with me again next week.  The bears are eating the Salmon Berry right now.    Woods Lady

<pant, pant>  Hiya!  Been missing all of youse!  Will be catching up and being a better friend soon.    Things should settle down by the end of next week.

In the meantime, here's a little story from our neck of the woods.....

................Daniel decided he needed to run 2 miles after work last night, so we took the portable XM radio with us.  [The Sox-Yankee game started at 5:10 our time.]   I hold it (it's satellite, so I have to get the signals and then keep it in position) and listen through earbuds, and annouce what's going on to him as we run (since I can run at his speed and talk, it's the most efficient division of labor).   He takes out his hearing aides when we run, as he's afraid he'll lose them (they're wonderfully small) so I have to speak up so he can hear me. 

..........I am sure someone is going to call the cops on us, complaining about the nagging woman stalking the nice jogging man!

grins,

A

Masters 2000 miles
              Mariposai

Weights and stretching this afternoon.

Off to Seattle for more graduation celebration. See ya all back on Tuesday.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

amy - you are toooo funny!!

nothing for me again today -- i worked 3p - 4a last night into this morning then took my dog in for surgery - she had 7 cysts removed poor dear

but -- last night my pt was a very sick pregnant woman who we did all kinds of flu swabs and blood cultures on - last night's rapid tests all negative --- today i get an e-mail from employee health -- her flu culture was positive -- i need to start on tamiflu in the morning --- i'm not feeling so great right now and not sure if it's psychosomatic, exhaustion from the weird hours i worked this week or if i am already showing signs of flu

i really hope its one of the first two

denise

SteveP

Kudos Holly, for letting go of DS for his trip. It sounds like it was hard.

It's hard to belive that a nice stalker can listen to the Sox when the Wings are going toe to toe with such and evil force

SteveP

I haven't had a chance to read this thread, but Mariposai, I read your comments at the end of yesterday's thread her your DS's graduation.  A BA in two years and no debt.  Absolutely amazing.

Also re Prague - We went there January 2008 and loved it.  Beautiful.  Absolutely beautiful.  We took over 500 pictures.  Couldn't help ourselves.  The architecture is amazing. 

Leslie
                      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

evanflein

Aww Denise! I hope you're feeling better real soon and it's nothing serious. Fingers crossed for you, dear!

30 minutes of pool running tonight so I missed the first half of the boys' soccer game. The pool felt great and the game was good... but DS2 wasn't feeling well and was lying down on the side of the field the whole time. I think he's just run down and tired. These kids don't go to bed at night during the summer!