Masters Running

Monday morning Boomer runs and whatever ... (Read 459 times)

Sue, good to hear about the trails in D.C. since that's where we are moving to next year.

Same run as CNYrunner

Had a meeting this morning so I didn't get to run until 1100, out for 5.46 mi @8:37 pace keeping it easy.  Threw in 8x50m striders to stretch the legs a little in prep for tomorrow's speed day.

Congrats again to all you Seattle racers!!

rs

Troy Strawberry Festival 10k - 6/7/09 - Goal 46:xx -->46:18!!; Americana 5k - 7/4/09 - Goal 21:xx-->21:12!!; Brookville 5 miler - 7/25/09 - Goal-->34:xx-->36:21; Crim 10 Miler - 8/22/09 - Goal sub-1:15-->1:14:14!!; Alter 5k - 9/5/09 - Goal 20:xx-->20:32; AF Marathon - 9/19/09 - Goal sub-3:38 (PR)--> 3:41 (BQ)
    TammyinGP

no run for me today either. Probably not much this entire week. We are pushing the upper 90's and low 100's, so it's all about staying cool I think. I'll get in a few walks and maybe a couple of early morning S-L-O-W runs (only a couple miles each) this week.

Surprisingly, even with the IT band pain I had in the last few miles of the marathon, I feel great today. Laura and I stopped about 4 times on the drive home to walk around and stretch and that helped.

Trying to get my mind back into work mode - while I'm enjoying some delicious Rainier Cherries, and organic strawberries and raspberries that I picked up at Pike Place Market yesterday morning before heading home. Never tasted berries this good before! Freshly picked that morning. mmmmm.

Tammy

evanflein

Don't know if I'll run today either. Probably not. We got to bed at 1:30 a.m. and up at 6:30... DH has knee surgery scheduled at noon today. I'll pick him up at the hospital around 3:30 or 4 and the evening will be spent decompressing from the trip and the surgery... Shopping too. We're out of dog food (oops).

I felt absolutely awful yesterday... I'd like to blame food poisoning, but we all ate the same stuff and everyone else is fine. DH thinks it was spending the day running in the heat, then sitting in the sun that afternoon. Hmmm, hate to think I'm a sun wimp, but maybe. Just felt low grade nausea and "blech" all day long. After leaving the house, we went to Seward Park to read the paper and relax a bit. Then headed to downtown and walked all over town all damn afternoon. I was exhausted. Found a cool new watch for DH, some Clinique for me at Nordstrom, headed to Pike's for some Bavarian sausage DH can only seem to find there, then to our favorite wine shop for a "6-pack" box to check on the plane, then back to the car, then to Palomino for dinner which is one of my favorite places. Unfortunately, I felt so wretched all I could do was stare at my dinner... and we headed back to the car. I slept all the way home on the plane, and it felt so good to be in my own bed last night. I feel so much better today... but still, probably no run for me.

Erika,

Your DH is right on the money.  If you want to feel like carp all day, run in the heat and get even the least bit dehydrated and/or low on electrolytes.  I know of what I speak in this regard.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Marathon Maniac #957

I felt absolutely awful yesterday... I'd like to blame food poisoning, but we all ate the same stuff and everyone else is fine.

Erika - did you happen to notice that we managed to fill an entire 60-gallon recycle bin with bottles?  I was a bit out of sorts yesterday, too, and I don't think it was just from the travel.  The tall beer I had in the Dallas airport while I waited for my evening plane helped a bit, though.  

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

evanflein

Yeah, but Holly, that was from between 8 to 15 people at a time, every day for 3 days... and included all the plastic water bottles and papers, etc. But still, we did put away a lot of hooch, but not to hangover proportions. Just glad I feel human today again and it was sooo nice to sleep on my good mattress. That bed we had at the house was the "weakest link" in my stay there, IMO.

Marathon Maniac #3309

On that theme....does anyone have a spare liver I can borrow till mine dries out (grins) Holly, I had two tall boys during my 4 hour layover....heck, might as well really finish the weekend still partying. Boy, I have so much to say about the GREAT Seattle experience. TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Cooled off here for a few days, so my 4.4 miles this morning with a friend were slower than usual, but felt good.

Now I need to catch up on the Seattle reports, while attempting to stifle feelings of envy.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Now I need to catch up on the Seattle reports, while attempting to stifle feelings of envy.

Ditto.

Leslie
                    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Renee the dog

On that theme....does anyone have a spare liver I can borrow till mine dries out (grins) 

Don't look at me....

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

dg.

hi!  quick post.

a rest day, so did 45 min. assorted cross training this morning.   have some questions about this I might ask tomorrow. 

Tammy.... (very special congrats to you)  great pictures but stop it!!  I was just headed to the kitchen for something light for dinner.   Now I want Francesca's lasagna...

Hey I found out something really cool.   I just got done uploading 2 months worth of data from my polar to their training site, so that I can delete some of these.  I've used all the memory.  Here's the cool thing.   Turns out I was wrong about Sunday's run!   It was actually 9 miles, not 6.  & at a 7:11 pace!  who knew? 

What a terrific time I had on my "rest" day today.  Paddled for about an hour and a half and had my first baby seagull sighting of the year - the laughing gulls that hatched about 2 weeks ago are walking around but still hanging pretty close to their parents.  They'll be learning to fly and steal french fries on the boardwalk any day now.

Then I helped a friend deliver a sailboat to the beach - got to help him rig it and sail it from the bay side of the island to the beach. 

Now I'm exhausted from all of the fresh air and sunshine, so it's early to bed for tomorrow's close-to-pre-dawn run.

Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Manchild

4.92 miles today in SUNNY climes believe it or not!  With tomorrow's run, I'll be up north of 80 for the month!  Ok, I know, it's not about me...Have a great night all.  Lotta talk about wine and tall boys, that's what I'm sayin'.

Chris

There was a race in Seattle? Jeebus, I'm turned all upside-down. I had a rush order for a cabinet/ remodel down in Brooklyn, and have been running in either Central or Prospect Parks. And missing my kids. Getting parking tickets to beat the band (they don't pity the working truck-owner down there) And eating cheap Chinese food. And explaining to landlords why I have to work on Sunday...

Sounds like y'all had quite a time there in Seattle. I'll look at the board more thoroughly for RR's and such.

Good to see that everybody's still a-runnin'....

Walt