Masters Running

Thursday's Daily, 6.15.17 (Read 34 times)

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

I'm just popping in real quick to post my run of 6 miles.

Debbie and I went out to celebrate our 30 year anniversary of MEETING each other...I never knew there was such an anniversary...are there special cards, too?  I hope not, because I didn't get her one.

Okay--that's all I got.  See ya!

I just want to say that I appreciate everyone here on the forum. This is such a warm, caring, friendly group. I can't understand kicking someone as nice as RunnerKSA out of a group!

So so where are Marj and Henry off to now? Gotta love the ingenious 3 mile route to get all your errands done, Marj.

I was up early enough to run but my shins were quite sore from Wednesday's 4 miles. I biked 7 miles after work at an OK speed, just 13.2 mph. I still think about doing a sprint tri some day but am afraid everyone would just whoosh past me.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I still think about doing a sprint tri some day but am afraid everyone would just whoosh past me.

That's the beauty of being a runner in a triathlon with the running being the last leg so we can just pass 'em again. However,  probably best to try to avoid any with tight midway time limits for DQ'ing us slow swimmers (or cyclists) but most sprints don't have cutoff times anyway.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)