Masters Running

my son (Read 425 times)

dg.

Oh Denise, how awful for all of you.   I can't even imagine going through what you described.  I'm so glad that he is at least at McLeans now.   Please keep us posted whenever you feel up to it.... and of course as much as you want to!!  I've also had you and your son in my thoughts for a long time.  I hope it helps to know that you have a whole community pulling for you in so many ways.    I wish I could hug you in person.

....My thoughts and prayers are with your family.

[[[[[[deez]]]]]

..same here...........hang in there

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Lots of love and strength to you and your family Denise.

Karin

Being a parent is hard work and its never over even when they are grown they still need mom.

I hope that this gets resolved soon and please remember to take care of yourself during this trying time.

Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

Thoughts your way, Denise. Take care of yourself and your family.

Walt

thank you everyone - your kind words and thoughts are very much appreciated!

denise

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

How lucky he made it home where he can have his family love.

be strong and be with him..

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

deez, I'm sorry to hear of your son's setback.  It's good that he was able to get home and is getting treatment.  My thoughts are with you and your family.  Take care of yourself.

TomS

coastwalker

Hi Denise,

I too, am so sorry to learn of your son's issues. I hope that he gets the care he needs at McLean's so that some stability returns to his and your lives.

Be strong, and be well.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Henrun

Denise, being a retired mental health practitioner, I'm more than empathic. I feel very sorry for what you and your family have been going through. Unfortunately, the the lack of insight as to the effects of not taking medication is part of the illness. I sincerely hope that McLean can help stabilize his condition.    

Keep well and continue running-it clears one's head.

Henry

Hi friends - it has been a very long, draining week.   Justin alternates between being almost catatonic, to sobbing, to almost belligerent to delusional, paranoid and more.  He refuses to eat and drink but both last night and tonight we were able to get him to eat dinner and drink gatorade.  We also were able to get him to take one of his meds tonight.  He had a terrifying night where he thought he was locked in his room so was refusing to go back in there but eventually he did go in and fell asleep before we left.  I am going to call soon to see if he stayed asleep and the nurse and staff agreed to keep his door open all night if that helped him.  It is so hard to see him like this and I had a hard time holding it together tonight.

On a cheerful note, I spoke with Mariposai tonight and it sounds like she is having a wonderful trip and with Craig/Pro tonight and heading to Boston tomorrow.  I am so hoping to meet up with her at some point but if not it was great to hear her voice.   Again, thank you all for your good thoughts, prayers and encouragement!

denise

BIg hugs and prayers Dee.

Laurie

Shamrock marathon March 2016. Burlington full or relay if I can find a partner May 2016. Wine and Dine half Nov. And a tri or two thrown in just for the hell of it.