Masters Running

TGIF... March 18th Runs and Chatter ...... (Read 506 times)

Maniac 505

Thanks for the heart murmur thoughts.  Since it is new, the doctor thought it would be worth having it checked out,  He didn't seem really worried and he told me to absolutely continue running.  I am not concerned, but he is not going to sign my fit to dive medical form (required annually by the Seattle aquarium)  untill after the echo cardiogram.   

6 miles in the park this morning followed by SCUBA in the afternoon.

[[[[[dive]]]]......hopefully you'll get signed off.......GoodWishes to ya....

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Maniac 505

Tom,  thanks for the thoughts, but as I said,  I am not worried.  at this point your [[[[[[[[[[[[     ]]]]]]]]]]]] are better spent sent to [[[[[[[[[[[Japan]]]]]]]]]]]] and anyone else that needs them.

evanflein

I don't usually run much on Fridays, but took advantage of the day off, the brilliant sunshine and temps almost up to 30 to get my Saturday run in. Ended up with 11 miles with plenty of tempo pace and effort (the effort comes in where the terrain is a bit hilly for holding true tempo pace, but I sure worked at it).

8:17

7:56

8:24 (big hill, one of my better times up this hill!)

7:47

7:53

7:56

8:06

8:31 (ok, this would've been faster, but stopped to talk to a couple who'd pulled over to warn me about moose ahead on the road and didn't stop my Garmin, oops)

7:45

8:13

8:15 (these last two miles are the uphill miles back to home)

I'm pretty happy with this especially considering the hills and the ice out there. A few more days like today though, and I'm hoping that ice is on it's way out! And with the deep snow getting compressed a bit, the moose are hanging around on the roads so something else to watch out for.

So... tomorrow I'll run an easy 5 or so which is what I'd normally do if I ran on a Friday...

TammyinGP

nice run Erika! I finally got my butt out the door for a run tonight. This has been a crazy stressful, hectic week and so I'm embarassed that this is the first run I got in since last Saturday! I had to make it quick and once I started running and the rain came pouring down, I wanted to make it quick. So it was only 3.6 miles and then of course, it quit raining when I got home. I was drenched. supposed to rain all weekend also and only be low 40's, but when I see a break in the weather, which I'm optimistic will happen, I'll dash out and get in 12-13 miles. does anyone still visit the Mirc chatroom anymore these days??

Tammy

Mike E

MM #5615

The "Mirc chatroom"--every day there's somethng new.