Masters Running

Wednesday's Daily, 10.16.13 (Read 49 times)

Dave59

OM, no particular reason but do you have any photos of your 4.7 mile run?

+1 Big grin

Oh my! How do I follow that? Shocked

OK back on track( guys)

10 miles on the high school track 800 easy (10:10) 800 MP (9:05) 800 tempo  pace (8:00)  repeat 6X then 1 mile MP  total 1:31:01

Fully outfitted I will add.

Wally went to umpire school right out of HS turning down many college baseball offers. A few years in the minors then I think he was the youngest (at the time) to ump a Major League game. He had a great reputation.  He did get back home attended Hall of Fame ceremonies at his old HS and died after he returned home that evening.  Thank you for you thoughts and prayers. Funerals ruin your whole weekend.

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

OrangeMat

MM #6177

no particular reason but do you have any photos of your 4.7 mile run?

Why actually, yes I do!

I went to the gym at lunch time, did a warm up on the ARC Trainer, some weights, and then a mile on The (nasty) Curve.  It's a manual curve shaped treadmill and it is like running up hill.  I almost fell off at the end when I accidentally stepped on the up-slope and the belt started moving.

*snork!*  Sorry, but the visual I got was pretty funny.  . . . . . . . . okay . . . . in all honesty, I'm not that sorry . . . . . . Wink

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

will run for popsicles

dang, sarge. that's so sad. I started out as a baseball player (I remember having to run a mile in high school workouts and thought I would die. Actually, I've been thinking that every time I run a mile since.) I loved playing up till the time I saw my first curve ball. Oh, well. Sounds like he had a pretty great life. I hope your funeral goes OK. (I'm 57 and I only bought a black suit two years ago, when I realized this is going to become a more and more common thing. Getting old isn't as much fun as the brochures would indicate.)

Twocat: you'll be relieved to know that today's breakfast was Mexican food from a convenience store rather than breakfast pizza. I have concluded since that there are only two absolute facts in life: It never always gets worse, and never buy Mexican food from a convenience store. Dang. I miss that pizza cereal.

orangemat: Hey. Yes, I showed up on the collective doorstep a couple of days ago and nobody had the heart to haul me off to shelter. Attitudes likely will change as my fleas spread.

Anyhow, I ran 4 miles at the gym today with Mo, my lovely bride. Mo is not that keen on the 11-month summer here. And our gym has a treadmill that allows her to run on the Bright Angel Trail at the Grand Canyon, our old stomping grounds. Surprisingly, it wasn't closed despite the shutdown. Must've slipped through the cracks. 12:30 miles, which is about all I have in me these days. But it felt good and I have new shoes arriving by UPS tonight (woooooohooooooooo isn't it like Christmas Eve when New Shoes are on the way?)

I'm not sure about zombie runs. I spent my childhood living next to a cemetery. And we had a trap door to under the house in our bedroom closet. Zombies still hit a little too close to home.

Oh, well. gotta go be violently sick now. Never, ever order the "Enchilada Surprise" ...

mo boy,

I have been enjoying your posts, keep em coming!

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

will run for popsicles

enkephalin: thanks! You're too kind. if it's ok to make a shameless plug, i have a blog called ilikemargarine.com. that deals with running and life and my dad poisoning my oatmeal with acorns. I started it about five years ago with five readers and now I'm up to about three readers.

But my arrival here is not a ploy to lure readers. I just write margarine for me. I'm here because I like to hang out with kindred spirits, and so far this joint seems like it fills the bill. And I can see it as a great motivator on those icy December days when the temps in south tejas drop below 70 degrees and I'm trying to force myself out the door. Gotta go run so I can post to the dailies!!!! So thanks for making me feel at home. Although home had a trap door where the zombies came in ...

TammyinGP

no zombies in trap doors here. just clowns

Tammy

will run for popsicles

oh, man ...

wildchild

Carolyn

mo boy, I've been enjoying your posts, too!  But not Tammy's...   well, not her most recent, anyway!

This is for tselbs:

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

OrangeMat it looks to be Kiawah Island.  Of the marathons that weekend it is the one my DW picked.

mo boy in case this ever comes in handy zombies do not hit.  So nothing to fear on that front.  However, they do bite and apparently quite hard!  How come nobody ever wears a kevlar suit during a zombie apocalypse?  Confused  Seems like an easy solution.  Let me see where did I put mine . . .

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

will run for popsicles

i've always thought this was the perfect defense. although kevlar suit would also help protect against the cute pit bull on my neighborhood loop who "doesn't bite." wink wink.

Mike E

MM #5615

Hey--I think I kinda like this Mo Boy guy...
                            OrangeMat

MM #6177

This is for tselbs:

Love it!

Yeah, I'm with you Mike E, I'm liking the new guy too. Smile

...ya gotta love it.........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....