Masters Running

Wednesday's Daily, 10.10.12 (Read 406 times)

Our instructor is going to show me "beat attacks".  I'm smaller and my reach is shorter than most of my opponents so he wants to teach me another way to get in for touches.

Confused  Obviously something I've missed over the last couple of days! Big grin

Carolyn - Yep, the run is Saturday.  It's nice that it's only about a 2.5 hour drive away rather than the 6+ I'm used to.  It starts at the civilized hour of 8:00 a.m. instead of 6:00 like so many I've run, and since I'm staying a mere 2 miles away from the starting line, I'll be sleepin' in!

Okay - off to type for my extra living ~

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

A few random thoughts...Twocat, have a great trip!  Leslie, those logistics sound pretty good.

Just had another short run.  I thought my muscles were 100% improved from yesterday's run early on, then the further I got into it, the numbers went down.  I'll just have to be patient for the recovery.

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

evanflein

Slo, that was a very sweet tribute to your grandmother. She sounds like a wonderful woman who had real impact on your whole (extended) family.

Nancy, beautiful pictures. I always wondered what Omak looked like... sort of like Spokane? (It's been awhile since I was there, so might be mis-remembering).

Nice and easy on the comeback, Henry! 

Have fun in Amsterdam, Twocat. DH and I were there a few years ago (1998? 1999?), I had braces at the time, I know that much, and I wasn't running at the time. We loved the countryside and visited a dairy that made the most wonderful cheese... Enjoy the race, it would be fun to do that one sometime.

I went for a walk at lunchtime yesterday. The sun was shining and it looked so nice out, but the wind and low 30's temps made it a pretty chilly walk. But, that's what I could do so 2.5 miles around campus was about it. Today was gym day: 20 minutes on the elliptical and 15 minutes of weights. Hope I'm not as sore tomorrow as last week... It was a beautiful day today, and a perfect day for a run but I'm keeping my leg in "low impact" status for a few days to see if that helps. 

SteveP

Slo..Grandmas are the best.

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

Slo - you have the most wonderful family....

8 miles for me on Wednesday, with some striders.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."