Masters Running

Saturday, 26 June Runs and Such (Read 483 times)

Startin' the daily.....

4.1 easy and early this AM. Today I'm having my youngest's birthday bash at my house....I don't know why I'm cleaning up. It's just going to be a mess again in about 6 hours.

I hope that everybody has a good weekend.

Walt

Good morning all.

I ran with the running club today - I love running with Dark Eyes but I knew she'd be running too quick for the easy paces I'm trying to maintain lately.

So I went out with a group of 5 girls - one of whom ran Boston.  I tried to kieep the pace down nice and easy but I don't think I succeeded.  I may have subconsciously pulled them along to a 9:09 pace for 11.4 miles.  I noticed a bit of huffing and puffing going on.

Ooops.  Sorry ladies.  80° and 95%.

Exactly 1000 miles for the YTD.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Inspired by Holly, I got up at 4:15am and out the door by 4:40 or a little over 11 miles @ 8:34 pace. Had to pick it up at the end a bit- I was running late for my DW's 6:15am departure time for work. But I made it by 6:20 and all is good. Just scarfed down an omelet with tomatoes from the Farmer's market and basil from my garden. Now a day at home doing yard work and hanging with the 3 daughters.A little less than 6 miles tomorrow will have me crack 40 for the week.

Great weekend everyone! 

Good Morning Indeed,  Beautiful here 70 & sunny.  a little warm for running but perfect for sitting on the deck & drinking coffee.

Bill I think my going to club runs & running with the fast wimmin is why my DW started running   Jealous

5 easy around the neighborhood w/DW

Have a Wonderful Day! 

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

.................//....................

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

The sounds of summer around here thats for sure. Mowing, coffee on the deck, popping triple digits etc.

3.5 in 32:49 for my easy run this morning. Hope to get a long run in tomorrow morning before the storms come through.

Anybody notice its a all male review so far this morning?

Great runs,

Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

ya got us by 40 degrees tombo.  it's a good thing for divechief too as his skimpy training since the Newport Marathon has only reached a single puny 8 mile run.  To say he was nervous when we got together at the Expo yesterday would be like saying he's overtrained (uhm, which it would be for some people).  However, if he can persevere for the next four plus hours, he'll be greeted at the finish with a photo opportunity with U.S. Olympic silver medalist (2004) and Sony IP3 or something  Meb Keflezighi

Good luck dave, . . .. and hoping francesca made it too.  After missing last year's inaugural edition and goddessfest, , I tried volunteering this year. However, bBoth dave and I signed up for 2011 at the expo. 

What a perfect day for running.  Have fun dave and franci

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

.......Anybody notice its a all male review so far this morning?

obviously, The Chicks are getting their Beauty Rest.......

and

will out-distance ALL of us this afternoon.

=====

ETA-

...tet//.........if this works, divechief may write a book on ''The 8-Mile Marathon''......

you heard

It First Here.

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Hey, Tom--How about a picture of you in your kilt?  If you're going to claim Scottish ancestry, you should show off your tartan.  C'mon--it's just us guys today.

Well, I can now say that I've completed, if not completely run , my first half.  A little slower than hoped, but happy it's done.  More later when I check the final results.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

dg.

yaaaawwwnn,     stretttttttch.   hmmmm.   is it morning yet?

the Chicks?????

could be an interesting day.  Wink

happy party, Walt

nice running Guys.

TW, funny.

how is Claire?  I've been wanting to ask about her but I was trying to remember your name choice, i have only a vague idea.  even looked on an old CR thing.   lots of Claires posting race results over there!    

over buying at the farmers market, a gym trip with just 1 mile run, 35 min. elliptical, then arm presses, side planks, & knee extensions.  new plan is to do just a little strength stuff more frequently and then maybe it will be ok!

have fun Dave & Franci!

hey Kevin you did it!  Smile     ok, report soon.

Dave59

4.5 miles at the City Forest (a little park 10 minutes from home.)  I waited until almost noon to run, but fortunately we're only hitting a comfortable 80° today.

Now to do a little work while watching USA vs. Ghana.

evanflein

So I'll join Deb in here with the guys for awhile. Nice running guys. Can't wait to hear about Kevin's race!

I get to post a rare morning run! Got a lot to do today, so combined an errand with running 8.3 miles, starting from my parents' house. This is basically the same route as Wednesday's run, but it felt so much better after taking a rest day yesterday and getting to bed early. It was about 65° and 60% humidity, which felt muggy to me after running in the 20-30% range most of the week.

Hoping the Rock-n-Roll Seattle Marathon went well for Dave and Franc. Anyone else running that this year? That was sure a great party last year!

evan, belated happy anniversary.  holly should be off enjoying her weekend with her husband and friends.  henrun and marj, nice going in your 5 mile race.  fatozzig, those were nice pictures from Squaw Valley of the people and scenery.  stumpy, congrats on your first half.  I look forward to more details.

This morning, I did a 10K race.  There were two local races this morning that I have done, and enjoyed, in the past.  In other years they were on different weekends but not this year.  I wondered where my running buddies would go and flipped a coin.  I only saw a couple of people I knew so I guess they were at the other race.  My wife decided to go and do the 5K walk.  This is her first since last fall when she finished the meniscus tear she had started to mess up before that race.  She had surgery and has come back a long way from that.  To add insult to injury, she's had back spasms for the last couple of weeks that seem to be finally about gone.  Her goal was just to finish and not aggravate anything.  She succeeded in not doing any damage and finished in the top half of the race and in her AG. My goals were not very lofty.  I hoped to break an hour and thought a 9:30 pace would be great.  I ended up finishing in 56:58 for a pace of 9:11.  My mile splits were 9:19, 9:26, 9:17, 9:07, 8:53, and 8:33.  My pace for the last fraction of a mile was 8:26.  I was 45/60 OA, 1/1 in my AG, and the oldest in the 10K.  I also did a .5 mile warmup and 1.3 mile cool down to get 8 miles for the day.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS 

Maniac 505

RnR went well.  weather was PERFECT.  I saw Franc a few times on the out and backs,  she was looking strong.  She probably finished about a mile or so in front of me. 

I finished my 30th marathon in under 4:25,  just a couple minutes slower than Newport.  Tomorrow I will kludge together a training schedule.  Monday I will kick it off to try to regain some speed for twin cities [Aamos,  watch out Smile ]

Tet:  It was just a little bit crowded, I looked for you at the start.  what did they have you doing?

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

dave - it sure was perfect weather at the start - 60 degrees and no wind at all.

must have felt funny to be running down Lake Washington Blvd where the weather is a little different in November.

did you come on one of the shuttle buses?  i was traffic control.

ps - I don't usually recommend a lot of training but good luck since amy's won her AG in more than 100 of her 120 marathons.  maybe you can get her to run with you as she did with tammy at last year's RnR. Smile

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)