Masters Running

40s, 50s, 60s + On the Run - w/e 12/26 (Read 530 times)

Hey, Folks!

Jim - Ouch on the toe!  Hope it just strained a bit.

Ev - I was wondering how slammed you were getting with that storm.  Here they kept saying OKC was getting the brunt of it Thursday.

Carol - Sounds like you had a nice housefull.

Joe - At least you got 2 miles in.  That count's for about half a piece of pie.

Cindy - Hope you didn't have to work too long on Christmas day and were able to spend time with your family.

Yesterday, Coach agreed to meet me at 6:30 a.m. to get in our 20 miles.  We ended up having a really great time.  Only had to use our headlamps and his flashlight for about 45 minutes, it wasn't really cold, barely anyone else out there.  We stayed with the "easier" trails (mental eye roll), and busted out 20 miles in 4:55, which included 2 bathroom stops and 2 "aid station" stops (our packs with extra fluid and food hidden in the bushes).  Woo hoo!  Our last 1+ mile, we were really pushing it in order to make the 20 in less than 5 hrs.  This included really pushing the speeding walking/running on the hills.  It was a blast.  Last weekend, it took us5 hrs to do 18 miles, which included 3 aid station stops, doggie water stops, and a prolonged bathroom stop.

14 on the schedule for today.  Around Mile 7, I realized I was having problems.  I would say a combination of not good recovery eating yesterday, and not getting in enough fuel on this run.  By the time I got to the health club around Mile 9.5 to use the bathroom - ugh!  So I stopped at Safeway and grabbed a Clif bar (yuck!) and ate about half of it while I walked a short way.  Mile 14 was fairly ugly, as was about the next hour at home.  I grabbed a large glass of milk w/Olvaltine and sucked it down, then shook my way through a breakfast burrito and banana over the next hour.  I haven't been able to stop eating since.  . . . . . I hate these types of lessons.   The Hub said if I'd called he would've come and picked me up, and I thought about it at one point.  Also thought about waving down the cop who drove by to beg a ride.   But if I didn't gut this out, how do I gut it out in April when I'm at Mile 40 and want to quit?

However, don't workout again 'til Tuesday.

Later, Friends -

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

jfa

Guts, yep Leslie,that's precisely what it takes,guts. You're gutting it out very well.

Me,not so much. In some ways (15m tm run today), some not ( sideways rain outside 40mph gusts 40*plus 2 feet melted snow)

Jim- hope that toe is a non-issue for you.Congrats on your new ride!

Hiya Ev- any idea which football teams will show this weekend? The good guys or.....

Leslie.......wow!  

OKC (and sw OK) did get the brunt of the storm....at least here in OK.  My NW area of the world got very little snow.  40-50 mph winds and 20 somethng degrees.  I don't think I could have run Thurs if I'd have wanted to.  Friday, I could've ran, but opted out.....big Christmas blowout at my house.    I see Paul (on the weekly xtrainng thread) got in several miles on Frid.   He lives somewhere in OKC.    I guess just like you, he gutted it out.

Joe, I have no doubt the Cowboys will come to play and will finish out the regular season with wins.  (You know I am an instrument of optimism. )    Here's hoping the Giants continue to play their best.

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Top 'O the World!

Hidey-ho!

Jim:  Hope the toe is doing well...best time of year for a minor glitch?

Leslie:  Nice "strength" training! ~ as in mental!      As it turned out, no, I got to stay home on Christmas day...& everyone behaved just fine for a change

Ev:  You still watchin football?  I see no reason to continue the torture here...hockey's looking pretty good just now... 

Joe:  I think 15M on a dreadmill gets kudos of a different type....takes guts, patience,  movies, & snack breaks & just....eeewww!!  I'd rather run outside in the muck if I can~!  'course, I do have to use the blasted thing sometimes just to stay handy/available to walk in clients...

Carol:  housefuls are nice!   we had 13 for rib roast & fixins, incl German Choc. cheesecake

Well, speaking of dreadmills, I oughta hit one for a coupla miles before my outcalls....the foot is still minorly tweaky.  I have been stretching a bit & using Boswellian cream, hot tub soaking & an aggressive massage tool on my calves & a little foot work....

Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group