Masters Running

40+ and Beyond- On the Run w/e 11/22 (Read 704 times)

Queen of 3rd Place

A slip and the computer just ate my message...grrr..

Kelly - hang in there, remember that being you is a good thing, never a bad thing ((hugs))

Cindy - um, all that stuff was in one day??? Bike, treadmill, weights, running - wow!

Jim - just 3 more days and you're done with the harvest?

Ev - 45 is NOT nice!

Leslie - go get that 50!!

Finishing out an easy week...funny how what's easy right now is usually hard...next week I'm shooting for my first 60 mi week ...*gulp!*

Arla

Ex runner

Top 'O the World!

Hmmm, 45 woukd be sooo nice for tom am Smile 6:50am, 10,000' el, 12* F/11% H.. Sunrise just turning the snowcaps a luminescent pink, dead calm, clear, breath puffing the sound of footfalls in the crisp snow, dogs feet- phiit phiit, the thud thud of raven's wings flapping overhead,..3 miles of perfect mountain solitude! Smile
      Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

Veeeery nice, Cindy.  Very nice.  I love the sound of "nothing."

Arla - 60-mile week.  Yee haw!  Go git it!! . . . and then have yerself a cone of yer favorite ice cream.

Ev - Hooker spottin'.  I can be fun.  But once ya spot 'em, it's like *shudder.*  A guy's willy MUST fall off after cavortin' with them.  Julia Roberts, they are not. Bleck!

24 trail miles for me this a.m.  Took about 6:35, which is slower than I wanted.  Was hoping to get it done in 6:00, but I felt comparatively good at the end.  Tired, legs pooped, but not totally rung out  Had Karen and Charlie Dog with me for the first 10, then was on my own.  Was real quiet in the forest today.  I did better on my intake today, and only had some slight nausea.  Almost screwed myself over, though.  Got to my car to re-up on everything and didn't have the supplies I thought I did.  Ended up needing to take the banana I'd brought for the car ride home.  Luckily, I had a quart size baggy in my bag (for what reason, I don't know), so I used my thumbnail as a knife to cut through the banana skin so I could pull into quarters.  That, the one extra Mojo bar, and a 6-pack of Clif shot bloks just barely got me through the second half of the run.  Karen lives just down the hill, so when I was done, I went to her house and sucked down a bowl of homemade soup she'd promised me.  Oh man, was it ever good!

It was cold out there today, too.  Had my Moben sleeves on the entire time, and my gloves most of the time.  Would hit these weird little warm pockets every now and then, but mostly it was pretty chilly.

Tomorrow, even though I'm only suppose to do 10, I'm gonna do 12 so that I get my 50 mile week.

A fun graph showing the ups and downs of my run.

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

24 trail miles for me this a.m.  Took about 6:35, which is slower than I wanted.  Was hoping to get it done in 6:00, but I felt comparatively good at the end. 

Good grief!!!  Awesome.....just awesome.  Gotta be some tough workout!

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Ev - Hooker spottin'.  I can be fun.   

OK.......I'm sure you can Leslie.

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                Is that called a Freudian slip??

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance