Masters Running

Saturday Served Over Easy 11/17/18 (Read 35 times)

Joe618

A half marathon that includes 2 mountains. Who's brilliant idea was that!!!     My official finish time is 2:58:10.7. My garmin says 13.14 miles in 2:56:33. Less than 2 minutes for a potty stop. And I did wash my hands!!! How awesome is that!!!! There really are no words to explain how I feel after todays race. I never expected to finish. I never expected to finish under 3:30, no less under 3. And if I even thought about that kind of finish time I knew I would drop dead at the end. And I didn't!!!  Time to go soak in some epsom salts.  

Woo Hoo!!  That's really terrific!  Lot's of climbing and you did it well.   So glad you exceeded your expectations!!!!

Have a salty time now!!!!

Joe

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

evanflein

Geez, Holly, you're bringing over half the dinner!

We don't even know what we're doing for Thanksgiving yet. I got a turkey last weekend just cuz I bought enuf other stuff that made it .47 per pound so it was only about $7. I have potatoes from the garden and will do some green veg and maybe a salad. That's if we don't go somewhere else, although at this point not sure where that would be. I guess I should care more...

I met Robert years ago through Tetsujin. Geez, that must've been 2007 when I ran Seattle Marathon? Met him a few times since then and friends on FB but that's it. Never met Jen but she seems delightful. Hope he doesn't do further damage to the foot though. Geez, SR.

Nice going, Liz! Always nice to beat your goal and expectations, and feel good afterwards.

Happy anniversary, BTY! And yes, looking at my log, apparently this is a cutback week for me, too. With a marathon coming up Dec. 8 I guess I need to get a long run in sometime, but I've been sort of tired lately so just can't get into it. Will run today, and try for a long'ish run tomorrow, with a 19-20 mile run next weekend and we'll see how that works out. Nice day today, just colder than the forecast indicated a day ago.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

whoops, inadvertently deleted

trying to quote myself for a subsequent post

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Nice mid day 8 miler today, beautiful day!

Happy running all!

tet- Robert had a huge falling out with the Maniacs a few years ago and he and Jen are not fans anymore.  He was treated badly by the rest of the leadership.  He's still done a ton of marathons, but has slowed down (in quantity and quality) the last couple of years.  He wanted to run tomorrow because it will be his tenth.  He says he has to mainly walk and is doing the early start.  I'm glad I didn't know that or I would have been tempted to do it with him and it would NOT have been a good idea!    We hung out this afternoon at packet pickup.

Joe- Jen had really wonderful things to say about you, too!  I'm picking Jen up in the morning after we both do some running and we will head over to the race and help at the finish area. That way she doesn't have to go super early with Robert in their 1 car.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Mariposai-  I have a HR strap for my treadmill and it displays the HR on the treadmill display.  I also have my Apple watch the shows my heart rate.  The Apple watch appears to be very accurate.

We’ve watched House of Cards.  It’s not back yet, is it?   We like it-  I liked the first few seasons best.  It got a little “out there”.  Really good acting.

pfriese

I ran a 5K race this evening.I finished 1AG with a 23:50. Race temp was 55 during my warm up run. By race time the cold front had moved in with 30mph North winds & 45 degrees. If not for the wind, it was irc.

Paul

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

nice timing paul, . . . with the weather too.

KSA - I'm not the only one but I've become pretty active on the MM web ever since some "improvements" three or four years ago made it extremely frustrating to use. However, I shocked about Robert's estrangement.  A strict parliamentarian and stringent keeper of qualifying marathon standards, he was the Rock of Gibralter to the group, as much as all three of the founders put together.  They used to let you include favorite non-qualifying races in everyone's accumulated marathons in the Insane Asylum but now few seem to bother anymore, not just me but the founders themselves, our beloved amy the grinning goddess, some of my favorite ultra-marathons I used to be able not only to follow but find out ahead of time if we were going to be in the same races, etc.   I'm very sorry to hear it.  I hope his tenth Monkey doesn't exacerbate anythging as I'd love to walk a marathon with him someday.  Unfortunately, his "walk" is a far cry from mine.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Joe618

I ran a 5K race this evening.I finished 1AG with a 23:50. Race temp was 55 during my warm up run. By race time the cold front had moved in with 30mph North winds & 45 degrees. If not for the wind, it was irc.

Paul

Wow, that's terrific, Paul, what a 5K time!!  Especially 6 days after NYC marathon...well done!!!

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

Joe618

tet- Robert had a huge falling out with the Maniacs a few years ago and he and Jen are not fans anymore.  He was treated badly by the rest of the leadership.  He's still done a ton of marathons, but has slowed down (in quantity and quality) the last couple of years.  He wanted to run tomorrow because it will be his tenth.  He says he has to mainly walk and is doing the early start.  I'm glad I didn't know that or I would have been tempted to do it with him and it would NOT have been a good idea!    We hung out this afternoon at packet pickup.

Joe- Jen had really wonderful things to say about you, too!  I'm picking Jen up in the morning after we both do some running and we will head over to the race and help at the finish area. That way she doesn't have to go super early with Robert in their 1 car.

The MM dynamic there was/is really strange.

Thanks for the comments from Jen!   Enjoy your time together tomorrow.  

I sent best wishes to Robert earlier this evening...hope he gets through OK tomorrow...he's a good man, deeply thoughtful and insightful.

________

Mariposai

I sent best wishes to Robert earlier this evening...hope he gets through OK tomorrow...he's a good man, deeply thoughtful and insightful.

Indeed. Count me in as one who always had a deep admiration and respect for SrLopez. Wishing him good luck tomorrow. Hey, maybe he will come back here and give us a report on this 10th Monkey race.

Today was a 4 miler for me and the Easy Pacer. This morning I was not feeling too good, so I decided to take it easy all day.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Hey, maybe he will come back here and give us a report on this 10th Monkey race.

wouldn't that be great.

He must know as many runners as jay goes to meetings.

KSA - whoops, I meant to say I've become inactive on the MM since the made so many "improvements" a couple of years ago.  I should have figured that Sr Lopenz wasn't involved anymore. However, I love being a Marathon Maniac and treated by everyone from the founders to the one-thousand clubbers same as when I could actually run marathons instead of what Father Time's done to my times.