Masters Running

I'm starting the daily???? (Read 406 times)

I Can Go The Distance

The Jets? How in the world did that happen? Well, the Chargers are sort of the Chicago Cubs of the NFL (who can forget the losses in Clevland and Denver?). I guess I should root for the Jets since Mark Sanchez is from USC-Fight On!

Tammy: Can't say that I am a Vikes fan, but I am a Bret Favre fan so I was glad to see them win. Yes, there were some great plays. If you have not yet seen the highlights, look for the one-handed catch!

4 mile easy recovery run for me today. Legs were a bit sore after yesterday's trail run. 17 pushups and ab crunches.

Have a great evening everyone,

Bruce

"Don't give up, don't ever give up." Jim Valvano

evanflein

Very short daily for a Sunday! Everyone must be all worn out or something.

Steve, that picture is awesome. Can't wait for the link to the newspaper picture! You and Tag are a good team. Couldn't find his cape?

Holly, hmmm I don't know about taking muscle relaxant and then expecting a good long run. I'd say that's a recipe for a lackluster performance, at least. DH locking his keys in his car didn't help though.  I think you've got a good plan for making up for it. Holy cow... can't believe you're looking at a 20 miler so soon.

Nice slushy run, Mariposai! You are a solid steady runner and I envy your resilience! It seems like no matter what is going on, you can do your job, make your family feel special, do neat things with DH and still get your mileage in. Hats off to you, dear butterfly!

Cool news on the free bike, Denise. What a score! You are one lucky girl and will have a lot of fun with that, for sure.

Take care of yourself, PDR. Hope you and WRFB have a good trip to Tahoe. I think you both need a nice break, even if you spend most of it sitting in front of the fire at the lodge.

Happy to report 6 miles at 8:45 avg pace, down the road, out the main road a bit and back up the hill. Temps of -12° for the most part so had to stop and de-ice the eyelashes at one point, and stop a couple other times on the way back up the hill to catch my breath. But I felt better than the last time I did this route before my break, so that's encouraging. Then DS2 and I went to the gym where I did 30 minutes of weights, finally increasing weights and/or reps on several moves so showing improvement there, too.