Masters Running

Thursday, November 4 Runs and Flu Shots... (Read 460 times)

...thanks sarge//........she's 3........apparently lives off Air.

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Hey Tom,     In a couple more years you can get a easy bake oven (or the current update version) and the fasting will be over Wink

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I'm a poser too ...... but I'm not puttin on a bikini!! 

neither does tammy <<<(hottub/hottub)>>>

ps - I can't see you anymore enki

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I coughed today.  I ran today.  I coughed today while running.  I consider it as core strength training.

Sigh.

Hey folks, getting on late after a long day not working but doing all my 501(c)(3) duties.  Spent the afternoon at a Girls on the Run session, which was fun and the rest of the day at a meeting for another organization.  I did get out to run this morning - a PBJ special in 1:02 and change.  Definitely a GA run.  Not sure if that was the hottest idea two days before a 5K but oh well.  Rainy, windy and 60 degrees and as usual, started to feel really great only after 5 miles.

Once a runner . . .

SteveP

TomW...Send her up here...I'm becoming an expert with kids....After a few short years of therapy, I'm sure our grandson will be just fine.

SteveP

Ojo

Another busy week for me -- I keep hoping life will calm down but it just doesn't seem to happen.  We are having 70 people over Saturday to help us drink up all the beer my husband has brewed over the past few months.  Fun but lots of work.

Got in an easy 4 this morning in the middle of a cold downpour.  I started out dreading it but ended feeling really good. 

Since s many dog photos has been posted lately, here's one from today of my very sad lab wearing the cone of shame. 

Sara

MM #2929

Maniac 505

So Divechief's boat is in dry dock.  I wasn't quite sure if he meant that as an expression or not. Joking

Nope,  not an expression at all,  my 600' long 250 car ferry was lifted up out of the water.   both of the propellers were removed,  all of the valves that are always underwater have been inspected or replaced.  lots of other technical stuff I won't get into, but most of this stuff has to get done every two years due to regulations (and sometimes regulations are good, and most of these are) and sometimes regulations are not so good.  

we are also doing a lot of jobs that we always put off till we have a few weeks off, that we just don't have time to do when we have to start carrying passengers in 3 hours. 

every ferry has to drydock (out of the water) at least every  every 2 years, this usually takes 3 to 4 weeks,  we also usually do a (non regulatory) dock side (in the water) maintenance period for 1 to 4 weeks every year for each ferry (as schedule allows),  since we had 4 boats scraped a couple years ago ,  logistics are interesting and when a boat breaks it gets really interesting,  we have no spare boats.  when a boat breaks, commuters don't get to work.  (My boat is losing one week of sceduled drydock time this year.

as you know,  with our most recent electione,  every revenue measure failed (except the revenue measure to repeal the candy tax.  so we continue to be tasked with doing more and more with less and less.  pretty soon, we will be doing everything with nothing! 

anyway,  that is just a snippet on a small part of my world.   and I haven't had nearly enough time to run, but since my boat is now at Todds shipyard,  I have a long enough bike ride to make my commute to be a workout.

Maniac 505

Hey folks, getting on late after a long day not working but doing all my 501(c)(3) duties.  Spent the afternoon at a Girls on the Run session, which was fun and the rest of the day at a meeting for another organization.  I did get out to run this morning - a PBJ special in 1:02 and change.  Definitely a GA run.  Not sure if that was the hottest idea two days before a 5K but oh well.  Rainy, windy and 60 degrees and as usual, started to feel really great only after 5 miles.

Meg,  I think we need to re define it,   By my recolation ,  I never dd a PBJ special, though I came  close.  As I recall,  back in the RA days,  a PBJ special was defined as 8 miles in 1 hour.  anything less was just an 8 mile run.   do I recall correctly, or is it a senior moment?

I never object to being corrected.

Dave

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

As I recall,  back in the RA days,  a PBJ special was defined as 8 miles in 1 hour

do I recall correctly, or is it a senior moment?

I never object to being corrected.

I don't know why you'd think you'd be having a senior moment <<<(RA/RA/CR/CR)>>>>

ps - can you use the water taxi to Todd Shipyards?

be careful if you're cycling down there in the dark.

There's only about 1,000 semi's seemin' to be comin' in-and-out all at the same time for the morning/evening rushes.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Maniac 505

I don't know why you'd think you'd be having a senior moment <<<(RA/RA/CR/CR)>>>>

ps - can you use the water taxi to Todd Shipyards?

be careful if you're cycling down there in the dark.

There's only about 1,000 semi's seemin' to be comin' in-and-out all at the same time for the morning/evening rushes.

there are a ton off trucks, but i have my cycle route worked out so it is not an issue,  and the route is almost long enough that it is a workout, so if I don't get in any training runs between not and the Seattle marathon, You might understand/

Renee the dog

Dive, interesting stuff.  I wonder how often our ferries go into dry dock.  (Is it state regs. or fed?)  I could see if it is state, it might get interesting here locally, because it's two states involved.  Of course, whatever the schedule, they'd just dry dock I guess in the off-season, as I believe in the winter they can handle the 4 daily crossings (back and forth) with 1 ferry if needed.  

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Maniac 505

Nono, 

They are federal regulations mandated by Code of Regulations,  enforced and inspected by the US Coast Guard.  There is a lot of overlap between the CFR's and the American Bureau of Shipping.  both groups requirements mostly ape each other and they will mostly except each others inspectors, but ABS is not regulatory,  just required by the insurance companies,  Your boats may or may not follow ABS rules, (Most (maybe all) US commercial shipping outfits do,  but your boats will follow the CFR's.   Interestingly,  Staten Island ferries are not required to follow the CFR's because they do not carry passengers for hire.   (but they mostly do anyway for many reasons)