Masters Running

Tuesday 8.30.2016 (Read 27 times)

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

I hope I am not stepping on toes but I haven't seen a daily yet so decided to post one.

Today I ran 5 on my tm. Decided to try to pick up the pace since my pace plummeted with all this ultra training. Then I went out for gyros. Yum.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

spacityrunner

Ouch...my toes 

Trails Rock!

C-R

Gyros sound better than the granola bar I had (losing weight ain't fun).

Had a good 4.5 today. I actually felt like running another half mile when I hit my 4 mile goal. First time in a long time that has happened and I am happy for it.

Back to the grindstone.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Marathon Maniac #957

Howdy folks!

30 minutes on the bike trainer for me today.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Sayhey! MM#130

My toes so beat up already, it don't matter if you step on 'em!

Rains held off this morning--very pretty sky, slip of a moon and a bit cooler.  7.5 again.

Trying to get over that I finished A Man Called Ove  with Anna Quindlen's Miller's Valley.   Still missing Ove, but only got to page 21 in the new one.  Had some other entertainment , she penned soxishly.

Voted today.  We get up to an hour off to do so, so how can you not?  I always try and remember how people fought and died (in our lifetimes) for what we so breezily go off and do, one item on the daily to do list.

Who's happy and who's sad about the end of August???

grins,

A

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

tet, neat color run with your grandson including Spiderman glasses (bummer about the fall).  Also, the "incident" with your grandson will make a great story but I'm glad it didn't turn out too bad.  steve, happy birthday to Tag.  Holly, I feel for you with the continued knee problems.  ribs, I'm glad to hear the news is not too bad.

Nice long runs fro Aamos and evan.

I should have gone for a run this morning but just didn't feel like it so I didn't.  I did ride my bike into town to get the paper and continued around the mile square so I got a little exercise.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

mrrun

Ran a short distance, but knew i was biking also. Biked to lunch with friend then to dig then home. We found two privy's and one has awesome pottery from 1850's and the other nothing but clay ash.  Sifting clay ash is not fun! fyi -  link to pictures on instagram

https://www.instagram.com/bostonarchaeo/

Rains - I've heard about them, but could you send some our way???

tet - haven't taken my grandkids kayaking for fear of ending in the water with them. glad your experience ended happily!

I do NOT want summer to end, I do NOT want winter to come but since I love living in an area with four seasons, I guess I have to embrace the coming season.

talk about inspiration, we had dinner last night with a couple in their 90's and walked to the restaurant from their apartment - we should all be so healthy and vibrant at that age!

marj

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

I am no longer a summer fan. Despise this heat and humidity. I live where we can get all 4 seasons in one day but my favouritist is fall. You will seldom hear me complain about the winter cold but will hear me whine about the heat all summer.

Lori

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

...speaking of toes,

does anybody

know anything better than Toe-Seperaters for Hammer Toes??

got a couple of doozies in progress

===========

...knocked out 40-min PoolRunning, nb, cf,ris, paw

and

of course the people with the baby I scared were back again today................sigh.........

..............good running guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

...speaking of toes, does anybody

know anything better than Toe-Seperaters for Hammer Toes?? 

Tom - I've tried a lot ever since erika told me that's what I have at the Phiten store in Seattle must have been about ten years ago.  Then, this Spring, I got some sort of hour-glass shaped, hard rubber key chain fob and cut off the rounded ends and it stayed all day long, . . . until I lost it.

2 miles.

Speaking of losing, two mile total out-and-back to GS's school this morning and, though I stopped there a little early at 2:10 pm on the way back from a lunch meeting in time for a 2:30 pm pick up, it was such an unexpectly sunny day that was not supposed to happen until Thursday and the twenty minute wait was long enough that I  forgot about the car as we walked back by the library and swimming pool, lots of wooly bear caterpillars, etc. . . . and I back to the school again for the car.  oh well.

ps bertha - anything with "24" in it sounds ominous.

how's the weather lookin'?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

ps bertha - anything with "24" in it sounds ominous.

how's the weather lookin'?

Omg. I need to start weather stalking. I hope is not humid.

Lori

A quick post since I am away with my DW for a couple of days in Nantucket. We return tomorrow. DW and I ran and biked about the island today. Weather was perfect! BerthaSlayer boooo! Summer is my favorite with a bullet! Nothing comes close. You go out and there is no need to warm up. You do not have to run a mile to get the chill out of your bones. Life is great!

A photo of me towards the end of today's bicycle ride. The bikes are "free" right after you pay for the room. The bikes are, however, awful! These old clunkers have 3 speeds and brake by reversing the pedals. I thought I had given up on those around kindergarten. Good enough, I guess, to traverse the island's bike paths.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Stalker present

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

SteveP

I do my best to enjoy all the seasons. Summer offers the best opportunities for delayed onset youthful indiscretions.

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

Stalker present

Jump right in!

Twocat - great picture!

I love summer!  I used to love fall, but now I tend to find it a bit overshadowed by the realization of the oncoming winter months.....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."