Masters Running

Monday Morning - A Beautiful Day (Read 369 times)

dg.

hi!

thank you thank you thank you for all your nice comments & advice!!!    you are all too wonderful.  

I am relieved to know they'll get easier!   though, maybe not quite enough this time through.  my plan only has one 18 & one 20 miler.   think that will be enough? I'd have rather done more but had to drop back to this plan.   I have some questions about that (the LRs) but will wait until tomorrow.  

Also good to know I shouldn't really expect them to be easy...  (i kept telling myself, 'this is running.  I love to run!'  ;-) ) only because then I won't feel like such a slug when they're not.

Mary, (very cool!) Kevin..(i have to look back to see what is going on with your knee)   it was just 18. 

I feel (oh, sorry!   all me, all the time.  ; / )  pretty good today!  I really did take it pretty easy. at least, stopped at my car to fuel.   though the last time I took off i could hear my lower body ask me if I was joking.  

Tet.... I love it.   'don't go Erika on me'.  Big grin     but what's this about the salmon cycle?  very confusing when just skimming the thread...

Erika, so glad your DH"s sf is healed.

Perch,   wtg.   He didn't mention over hear that that run Sunday was hilly, and he still beat his target.    so carbo loading after really is the secret?     then we turn back time?  ;-)    

aw Amie.   I hope you get better soon.

Holly, I'm sorry your run was so tough!    .. btw, that (your run) was not my idea of a slow.   also, thanks for all your support and advice.  

not even close to being caught up.     well tomorrow is another day.  so profound.

'nite

dg.

Lou... (meant to do this a 'quote') Smile

Yesterday it worked.
      Today it is not working.
      Windows is like that.

ok these don't fit but i like them

Three things are certain:
      Death, taxes, and lost data.
      Guess which has occurred.

First snow, then silence.
      This thousand dollar screen dies
      So beautifully.

Stopped by for a quick "hi" and to see what Tramps is up to - I am also training for a marathon the same date as dg, WRFB and PDR - as least a few of us will be on the course together.

nice running going on here - as well as bottle melting and muffulattas (sp?)

Kirsten

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Groucho Marx

Very very busy, but still checking in on y'all.  D and I are cracking up at NPR adverts about the Medtronic athletes--too funny, but we're still ok with them picking up the bill for our trip to the Cities (we were married in St. Paul).

I'm with Holly on lots of summer left--hold firm, my chum!  It was 90 here today!!!

dg--you will be fine so long as you go out slow--got that, S-L-O-W, and be sure to hydrate well, and make your goal just to finish.

Hey La Tortuga, how are you? 

I had a fantastic Sunday!     but I think I'm not supposed to say why as this is a running board and not a baseball board.  'nuf said, heh heh.  (Kevin and henrun and CNY, get my back, please!)  Let's hope for a lucky roll of the Dice K tomorrow!

Tall, thanks for the link.

grins,

A

Masters 2000 miles

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

thanks aamos, I'll tell ichiro arigatou for is record-setting ninth straight 200-hit year breaking the eight year standard set in 1902.

ps - uhmm, could you send erika an e-mail about even a 100-plus marathoner coming to her senses about ultraing too. You did come to your senses about it didn't you?
            pps - sorry to miss you at RnR.  Hoped DH liked his return enough to come back again as soon as possible.

====

Erika,  no particular reason such as the web page gives no updated profile or information on the Ultra 0ption but, with some 1,800 feet of the Equinox climbing being up to Esther Dome and the roller-coast up-and-downs ranking the Equinox as one of the toughest marathons in the country (e.g. Team-in-Training, etc), I'm just wondering what the extra 8K of the 50K ultra option are like.  

=============================== 

thanks dg. I tried to post the cycling club's event logo but didn't realize it could just be copied/pasted.

I love fish of every kind and every part but, growing up with salmon, makes 'em the best and I've been in salmon runs and marathons in Alaska, Japan and Washington states too.

September 20, 2009

Cascade Bicycle Club's only urban ride, the Restore Our Waters Cascade Spawning Cycle, gives riders a chance to pay tribute to the six species of salmon that pass through our city AND ride beautiful routes based loosely on the Pacific salmon spawning cycle along Seattle's scenic waterfront to the salmon viewing windows at the Hiram Chittendem Locks between Puget Sound and Lakes Union and Washington.  Join us for fabulous BBQ salmon burgers, Caesar salads and espresso too.

Migration 2 by Evergreengirl...very busy...moving! IMG_1139 by charolastra charolo window salmon by leff

typical view from Discovery Park on the Restore Our Waters Cascade Spawning Cycle ride.

d

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

evanflein

Deb, the very first marathon I ran (and yes it was the Equinox) had "only" one 20 miler. It was the Hal Higdon Novice plan, he only had one at the time. I added more hills, obviously, but my longest run was from the start to mile 10 and back to the start for 20 miles. And I did great and had a good time! So, you should be fine.

Oh, and it's not DH with the sfx, it's a friend of ours who went to school with DH. 

Tet, they were going to add another 2.5 miles before you turn around on the out-and-back, but figured that would be too tough and dangerous (can't get emergency evac down there except helicopter) so decided to add it just after the mile 25 marker. So we go up that last really nasty hill, and at the top where the satellite dish is (that wasn't there when you ran it), where the regular marathon turns right to go down the hill to the finish, I'll turn left to go on the trails up past the T-field (that was there then), and up to the Large Animal Research Station (used to be called the Musk Ox Farm, we pass it the first time at mile 5), then down the ski trails to meet up at the 2 mile mark, then backtrack pretty much the same trail, but we cut behind the research buildings then down the hill to the same finish as the regular marathon. So actually, the last 5 miles aren't bad at all. The problem with this route is it gives you a chance to bail and turn right instead of staying with the ultra course and turning left after mile 25. I sorta wish they'd stayed with adding the extra on the out-and-back cuz then you're committed!

40 minutes of pool running after work, then spent almost an hour (!!!!!) in the grocery store looking for tamales for DS2's Spanish class "Mexican Fiesta" tomorrow. So glad he gave me a heads up with a call at 4 pm vs the usual 6 a.m. "oh, I need this for school today!" approach.