Masters Running

Gold Discovery Run (Read 355 times)

evanflein

Arf, when I'm financially independent I'll run every race you do. But for now, Seattle is not in the cards. I am doing RVM with MustangSally, Tet, Rasmussen and San Souci though... Jay, the blister is still there... not getting much better but not getting worse. I'm "running through it" as they say. Wildchild, first AG award was a medal, and all finishers get a patch. Getting a lot of these so might send one to Tetsujin... The beer at this brewery is really good I think. DH doesn't much care for it. I think it's too "light" for him, but I like a pale ale. Funny thing was a lot of the guys pulling the tap were getting a lot of foam and not too happy about it. I poured a nice glass for myself with just a little foam on top. Several guys asked how I did that so I showed them. Ha... sort of revealed my Wisconsin college-days experience. I've gotta say this race is one of my favorites because it's such a test of my abilities at this stage in training for Equinox. I think I did pretty well, but left quad was a bit sore still three days later. But, I did run home again from work today and it was so much easier. Gotta ramp up the hillwork to keep a good thing going!
    dg.

Erika, you are amazing. A little crazy, but that's a good thing. Excellent job. Congratulations for your first in AG award, & for coming through this intact. ...and way to pour a beer.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Erika - you're really something racing hard and fast on those gnarly trails through the Fairbanks hills that are a tough hike for most. However, now I know why the summer race series you love is so good for the Equinox (and why the FBKS runners always do so well); it looks the same except for green on the trees instead of yellow. See you in October at the RVM! ps - thanks for the extra patches from your accumulating collection. I appreciate as many as you can, especially the ones that say 1st Place. Smile

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)