Masters Running

WEEKLY RUNNING & X-TRAINING GROUP w/e 05/08 (Read 629 times)

The trouble with life is there's no background music.

Have a good week, folks ~

-------------------------------

Evanflein - 45.8 miles running, 10.7 miles ellipticalling, 3.5 miles walking and an hour of weight-ing

Evryday - 6 miles running

pfriese -

marathon derrick - 3.6 running miles, 2.35 hours weight-ing

Shadowrunner - 29+ miles on bike, 2.73 miles run

OrangeMat - 42.2 miles running, 5.5 miles walking, 3x yoga-ing

Dutchie - 27.2/16.9 running kms/miles, 3 lower bodying, 3 abing

fatozzig - 100 min pool running, 90 min stationary biking, 100 min core/strength training

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

I have no idea what I'm doing this week.  Just taking it day by day right now.

Mon -

Tues - 45 min core/strength

Wed - 30 min stationary cycling

Thurs - 30 min stationary cycling; 40 min core/strength

Fri - 60 min pool run

Sat -

Sun -

Totals: 60 min pool running, 60 min stationary cycling, 85 min core/strength

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

evanflein

Thanks Leslie. Love that avatar with Wilson on the ladder, btw.

This week is supposed to be a big week for me, and I'll try that 20 miler again on Sunday...

Monday: 2.5 miles elliptical (20:11) and 18 minutes U/B weights; 4.1 miles run and .3 mile walk

Tuesday: 6.2 mile tempo run (7:50 avg)

Wednesday: 2.6 miles elliptical (20:25), 12 minutes abs/core; 11.3 hilly miles run too fast, .5 mile walk

Thursday: 1.7 miles elliptical (15:13), 10 minutes U/B weights, 6.2 miles run, .3 mile walk

Friday: 3.8 mile easy run, .4 mile walk

Saturday: 5k race, then 7.2 mile progressive pace run, .4 mile walk

Sunday: 21 mile run, 1.5 mile walk

Totals: 63 miles run, 6.8 miles elliptical, 2.9 miles walked and 40 minutes weights

thanks Leslie,

a couple of 3 milers and a 6 on tap.

Nevr got the 6er in.  4 3milers doen

12 miles total.

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
          Dutchie42

Hi everyone, thanks Leslie for starting our week.

Though I didn't go to Vancouver, I do have the week off. Which means my usual routine is all screwed up and I have no idea what I'll be doing.

Mon: 30min trip to Ikea that lasted 3 hrs because the boys were looking at beds, chairs and sofas Roll eyes Plus we went to the sports store where I was drooling over a really big treadmill. Mike said it looked like a space ship because of the big display. I wanted it so badly.... it had all the bells and whistles I want, and then some. But Jim picked me up and carried me to the barbell/dumbell section, which is why we were there. Bought the boys a bigger bb (1.80 meters), couple of plates and myself a 3kg medicine ball. Still thinking about the treadmill though..... I mean, I run about 400-500 kilometers on it Oct-March depending on the weather. It's not like I don't use it. But it was rather expensive, sigh. But you know what it's like, once you've seen something you want, cheaper models just don't cut it, do they?

Tue: first did a 25 min UB workout. Later, the new workout dvds I ordered last week arrived: Supreme 90. After previewing some of them (instead of running) I did the Tabata workout (plyo exercises, abs, pushups, burpees, etc). Loved it. Time flew by.

Wed: tried another new workout dvd - S90 chest/back.. Short and sweet, only 30 minutes and especially my chest feels really worked. Probably because of all the pushups. Wanted to get a run in too, but the day got away from me. Suddenly it was time for bed. Huh? What on earth did I do all day?

Thu: 3K run on the TM.. R-knee is iffy. Maybe because of the new shoes? I switched to Kayano 17. Used to love the Kayano 10 and 12. Added a 45 min LB w/o. PT advised I should continue with the LB workouts, preferably daily, and add leg extentions.

Fri: 7.7K run/walk, just couldn't make myself run continuously, despite the lovely morning and an enthusiastic Spooky.

Sat: S90 shoulders/arms, totally fried my shoulders, and a 10.92 kilometer easy run. I'm officially declaring my new Asics Kayano 17 to be the cause of my LB problems. Back to the 2150s it is.

Sun: 15.13 kilometer long run plus a 2.2 kilometer doggie run (17.23 kilometers). That's all folks! Switched back to my Asics 2150 and instantly no more hip pain, knee pain or ankle pain during the run, or tight quads. I think those shoes threw my whole LB out of wack. My achilles/soleus problem seems to have returned though. Hope that disappears soon too. Guess I'll be selling the Kayano's at the Dutch version of Craigslist soon.

Total mileage: 39 kilometers (24.23 miles), not bad, but should've done better.

UB: 2x (each muscle group once), core included in the workouts

LB: 1x

Other cardio: 1x

Dutchie
            Run the day, or the day runs you.

shadow runner

The Shirtless Wonder

Thanks Leslie for starting us off this week.  Amen to that quote...Wink

• Mon - PM:  Managed to get in 40 mins of UB work-out which included 8 sets of 10 inclined sit-ups [80 total] and 8 sets of 15 push-ups [120 total].  Rest of work-out focused on chest and back.
              • Tue - PM:  40 mins in fitness center [arms/shoulders]; 2.7 mile walk-run interval 3X [5 min walk, 5 min run]after work.  Too bad I still screwed up the gps so pace and mileage a little off. Temps in the 80F's  so shirtless - felt good.
              • Wed - PM 45 mins of UB free-weights work-out [Chest, back, abds, and some light leg].  Included 4 sets of 10 chair leg lifts [40 total] and  4 sets of 15 inclined sit-ups [60 total]
              • Thur - SRD [Too many meetings today at work; didn't get my ass out of bed for bke ride in AM.]
              • Fri - Free-weights and run planned in PM - I did manage to do 3.61 mile walk-run intervals 3X[ 2 min walk, 7 min run] after work.  Temps already dropping in to the high 60's by time I started. 
              • Sat - 20.6 mile bike ride this AM.  Except for drivers not sharing road.  Not a bad ride.
              • Sun - 3.34 miles 3*x[2min walk + 7 min run] intervals.  total time 29 mins.  temps @ 47F. 
              • Total - 85 mins Free-weights; 9.6 miles running; 20.7 miles bike.

Joe Suder

Nulla camisia et nulla problematum 

evanflein

Dutchie, you have a TM now though, don't you? I understand wanting the nice new one though. I really like mine, but now that I've had it for 3+ years there are definitely things I'll be looking for in my next one. But... that's several years off still.

Dutchie42

Dutchie, you have a TM now though, don't you? I understand wanting the nice new one though. I really like mine, but now that I've had it for 3+ years there are definitely things I'll be looking for in my next one. But... that's several years off still.

Yeah I have one. Have had it for 5 years and some things annoy me: I can't increase speed in little increments which make it more difficult to do speed workouts. Mine goes up like 9K -> 9.5K-> 10K -> 10.5K, At some point the increments are just too big and I can't go any faster. And it's noisy. And when I use it regularly in winter, it stops after an hour. Just like that, without warning. And I have to restart. And sometimes it doesn't. And up to 9.99 kilometers there's 2 decimals, after 10K I only have 1 decimal, and boy does it seem like forever to run 100 meters if you can't see it. Especially when you're speeding or are very tired.

Anyways, I have plenty reasons to buy a better one, but I also don't want to raid my savings account for a treadmill so I guess I'll be running on the old one for a few more years. Unless it goes kaputt... and can't be repaired Wink)

Dutchie
                  Run the day, or the day runs you.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

A little stategically placed sand? Evil

No actual schedule at the moment.  But I have done two short runs without the knees hurting.  this will be a very slow build back up, I'm thinking.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

pfriese

Thanks Leslie.

M - rest day

T- 5.9 miles

W - 7.9 miles

Th - 8 miles

F - rest day

Sa - 5K race (22:13 1st AG) + 4.6 miles wu/cd

Su - rest day

Total - 28.5 miles, no bike riding

I might try to get in some bike riding, too.

Paul

OrangeMat

MM #6177

The trouble with life is there's no background music.

Actually, that's not true. My tinnitus is constantly playing in the background! Joking

Thanks Leslie. Another week, another race. What is with me these days??

day plan actual comments
                        Monday rest, yoga PM yoga class  
                        Tuesday track w/o 3.35 miles AM, 6.11 miles PM
                        2x(6x100m)=hamstring pain Sad track is whack
                        Wednesday medium run 6.44 miles 10k course, hilly, cold and rainy
                        Thursday tempo w/o 7.02 miles
                        2x10min, 1x7min, 1x5min; 8:20 avg pace
                        Friday rest, elliptical 45 min (4.3 miles)

Saturday short run 4.26 miles nice and easy 9:43 pace
                        Sunday 10k race 8.22 miles 10k in 52:25, 8:25 pace, a PR and then some!
                        totals ~40 35.4 miles, 1x yoga, 45 min elliptical so I didn't break 40 this week, so sue me...

Now that we're halfway through the week, it would be a good time for a plan, huh?

Day..................Plan..................................................................................................................................Actual Running Miles

Monday.....1 mi. walk + 3 mi. recovery run.........................................................................................................done - 3 mi.

Tuesday.........rest....................................................................................................................................................done

Wed..........Group bike ride at Draper Lake, 21 miles.......................................................................................done

Th...back to the track: warmup, strides & drills + 6 x 400m with 300m recoveries + cooldown.....mostly done - 4 mi.

Friday.............rest + deep tissue massage.......................................................................................................done

Sat........10k race................................................................................................................................done-7.63 mi. with warmup

Sun.......4 mi. evening recovery run.................................................................................................................done-4 mi.

Total.......................................................................................................................................................................18.63 mi.

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

evanflein

Hi Opie! Welcome to RA!

OrangeMat

MM #6177

Opie's here! Opie's here! Yay!! Smile

shadow runner

The Shirtless Wonder

Sat: S90 shoulders/arms, totally fried my shoulders, and a 10.92 kilometer easy run. I'm officially declaring my new Asics Kayano 17 to be the cause of my LB problems. Back to the 2150s it is.

Sun:

Probably right Kayano 13 and 15 were the cause of my  2 SF's in my foot.  Probably the worse shoe Asics makes - in my opinion.  They feel great when you start using them but after a few miles [<60] are on shoes - you start developing all kinds of problems.  Besides SF, the knees, hips etc.  everything seems to go awry.  Not sure why - maybe they just break down.   Now having concerns with my 1150's - I think they changed design for them too.

Joe Suder

Nulla camisia et nulla problematum