Masters Running

Friday the 13th runs--be careful out there! (Read 646 times)

Tramps

You superstitious types should be careful out there today.

We finally got a break in our relentless rain. After more than two solid days of non-stop moderate-to-heavy rains, it eased up enough this morning for me to venture out in a light drizzle.  More rain is slated for later today but then, overnight, it finally tapers off for good.  Needless to say, everything is pretty soggy and waterlogged around here.  Fortunately, the timing is good for Richmond runners tomorrow (Perch in the full, Rosie and Ralph in the half); cloud cover will remain to keep things cooler but the rain will have moved out.

I ran 7 miles total this morning with 5 at MP-ish 7:56.

Have a great weekend!

Be safe. Be kind.

Ooohh. Friday the 13th. I hope no one crashes at work today. All it means to me is my car payment is due today.

Still trying to figure out this daily thread. Do I post todays run or yesterdays? I ask because by the time I get around to posting the days run it is already tomorrow. Does this make sense?

Anyhow yesterdays run was 3.5 miles. Fairly hilly. My hamstring didnt hurt (rehabbing a tear). My shin splints went away. I write poetry in my head when I run. Wrote one yesterday but need to finish it before i can share it. Warning....they usually suck.

I am very happy to be up to 3.5 miles after 10 months off running.

Laurie

Shamrock marathon March 2016. Burlington full or relay if I can find a partner May 2016. Wine and Dine half Nov. And a tri or two thrown in just for the hell of it.

Tramps

Still trying to figure out this daily thread. Do I post todays run or yesterdays? \

I think the convention is to post today's run.

But the other, more important, convention is to do whatever the heck you want.

Be safe. Be kind.

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Rest day today and I am pooped out!    Got all my "product" packed and ready for our 3 hour trip north for the art show tomorrow.    To say I'm a tad nervous might be an understatement - but I'm excited too.   Packed a bottle of Washington State late harvest Reisling to celebrate with tomorrow night.   (then I can melt it)   I'm going to be keeping my eyes open for a Batman sighting too.  Smile

Nice run this morning Tramps and it is nice to hear that Perch will be able to get that Maniac shirt tomorrow!

Laurie - we don't care what you post - just keep posting.  Wink

{{{Twocat}}} I hope you got some sleep!

Happy Friday the 13th!!!!   I'm outta here at noon.   WooHoo!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
          It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

"Ooohh. Friday the 13th. I hope no one crashes at work today."

Strangely enough, I passed three different fender benders on the way to work today.  Actually more than fender benders but they didn't look bad to the point of injuries.

6 easy miles in some wonderful weather.  A front came through yesterday and left us with 58° and 65% this morning.  Hope it stays but it won't.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Good morning good people. Don't run under any ladders or in front of black cats today.

Welcome Laurie - and you can post your runs whenever you get the time. Glad you're recovered from that torn hamstring.

Nice run in the drizzle this morning Tramps. Hopefully those clouds will clear out and you'll get a little sun for the weekend. Good luck to Perch and all of our other racers this weekend.

Good luck to Mary this weekend. I'd say "break a leg," but then you might break a bottle, and we all know how much work you put into making one of them. I hope you're sold out by noon!

Mr. Bill had an interesting drive to work today. That's a lot of accidents for one commute, isn't it? Does the humidity stay as high during the winter where you live? 65% seems like a lot (well, at least in this part of the country in November)

4 miles at a comfortable 9:47 pace this morning. Yesterday I signed up for a 5 mile turkey trot on Thanksgiving day, and a 10 mile race the following Saturday. Hope the weather stays as nice as it is right now.

Have a SPOOKY Friday the 13th everyone.

Slo

No superstitions here......Knock on wood

Another day in the pool.....Didn't have much mojo to start with but that changed once the 5:45 ladies took thier lanes.

Not much else to report.......

Jlynne, 65% humidity was at 6:30 AM.  It'll be lower as the sun rises.  This is Dry for us.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Run the race God set B4U

Awesome Tramps!

Good job Laurie!

Have a safe trip Mary!

Way to go Bill!

Good job on the 4 miles Jlynne  Smile

And Go Steve, glad the ladies gave you some mojo  Smile

It was a great run this morning for me, 3.1 miles, 41° and the sunrise was all pink & purple at the end of our run, gorgeous!!!  (everything is gorgeous at the end of the run though)!

Have a great Friday...who cares that it's the 13th  Smile

5K's (11), Half Marathon (1), Relay Marathon (1), 15K's (2)

Renee the dog

We finally got a break in our relentless rain.

Still raging here at the coast.  Right now, it seems like our gusts are becoming the "consistent" wind speed at 40-60 mph (I kid you not).   At least while I was walking Renee.   She's getting suicidal with no running, and I can't say I'm far behind her.  Did get 3 in on the TM last night, but my hip started going nuts in pain at mi 2....I would LOVE to get outside and run for real because I do think my hip isn't that bad if I could just run "regular."

Only 2 bridges in the county to all the different barrier islands were open -- back bay flooding is a real problem today...about 1/2 of the streets on our island are flooding, which sounds really bad, but I don't think anyone 'cept those with no foundation should have any significant damage.   Winds advisory expires at 4 p.m. I hope they are right about that one -- means Renee and I might get out to stretch our legs!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

It is supposed to pour here today!  Just my luck, figures it is Friday the 13th, as I need to catch a train this afternoon.    On the up side not running today will be particularly fine! 

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Marathon Maniac #957

Laurie – post your runs whenever it’s convenient for you to do so.  Many who are evening runners post their run the next day.  Don’t worry about it.  We’re just happy to see you!

Mary – good luck!

Byll and Jlynne – I don’t think I really notice the humidity reading in the colder months.  Right now, according to weather.com, it’s 10:04am, the sun is high in the sky, and at 44° we have 67% humidity.  Now you have me wondering what it was before dawn when it was 31°. 

Looks like a warm front will give us a pleasant weekend (lows in the 40’s, highs in the 60’s).  I think I’ll make use of it to put up our Christmas lights early.  Don’t worry, I won’t plug them in yet....

No run today, but about an hour of various upper and lower body weights and core stuff – enough that I expect to feel some of it tomorrow.  Hamstring curls on the stability ball were particularly tough.

We just found out that our best friend couple (that couple we've done things with for 7 years) is getting a divorce.  And Scott, the male half and my DH's best friend, is also having back surgery today.  On Friday the 13th.  A tough week for that man. 

Happy Friday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Nono - just got some photos from a friend in Ocean City and also looked at pics on the AC Press web site - looks terrible along the bays and beaches.  Be safe!

Twocat - love the avatar!

What I thought was another bout of the flu is turning out to be "just" a slight cold, so I'll be running after school today.  Yippee!!  Two rest days this week, and my calves are more stiff and sore then when I run and XT consistently.

Not heading to Nor'easterland, NJ until tomorrow morning, where I'm going to spend the day being "Nanny Eliz" with the godsons while their parents go to their paternal grandmother's funeral.  Hoping the winds let up by Sunday so I can get in a run on the boardwalk.

Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Looks like a warm front will give us a pleasant weekend (lows in the 40’s, highs in the 60’s).  I think I’ll make use of it to put up our Christmas lights early.  Don’t worry, I won’t plug them in yet....

Last Saturday night as we were driving home from church, we noticed a house with a lit Christmas tree in the window. I thought Thanksgiving used to be the official "start" to the holiday light season. I'm with you though, Holly. Better to put them up now than when it's 5° outside and you freeze your ar%# off trying to get them strung.

Sorry to hear about your friend's divorce.

Have fun being "Nanny Eliz" this weekend, Eliz..

I've been admiring all of the new avatars lately - Hallar, Spareribs, Twocat,.. Come on ladies - we can't let the men get the best of us.

dg.

good morning!

Tramps I'm glad you're getting a break, after a while it gets pretty hard to face another wet one.   And so glad it'll be good for the Richmond runners!! 

Hi Laurie!  Smile

Mary, good luck & have fun.   don't forget pictures.   When are you & your RP wanting to do another marathon? 

Bill yes that is strange enough.   Nice running in nice weather!   Legs ok?   sorry to be such a pest.

Morning Jeanne.   bet you're still glowing from your babysitting job.   :-)

Slo, I dont know what it is about your posts.   I sat her a moment wondering what .45 of a lady was.     It even distracted me from your mojo improvement. ;-)

Tina, glad you had such a nice run.  Smile

Nono that totally stinks.  Don't they know you're () 1 week & 1 day away from your first marathon???   I hope it eases up so you two can get outside.   hip hugs. 

Twocat, always look on the bright side of life.  Music notes icon  (;-) )

Holly, that's tough about your friends.   Is Scott the one that runs?

Eliz, that's a relief.  You didn't need the flu again.

I had a strange morning, at least for me.   I DID NOT want to run.   repeat, DID NOT.  That is usually not my problem!  I've been tired, & cold, & achy.  But still!  I start my next marathon training Monday (well, rest day #1), and that might have been part of it, last chance to chill & wanted to organize things.   I ran in our neighborhood to save a little bit of time, it was foggy & cold & there was a lot of traffic, & barking dogs that I wasn't sure were secured.   Kept hoping I'd feel better but nope.  I made 4 miles (10:19, 9:54, 9:59, 9:48) then picked up Sadie for her walk/run.  Such a happy girl she is.   The sun came out.  we walked a little, then I sandwiched another mile more or less in the middle.  She still has leg issues & can't do too muich at one time, After about .7 we had to walk again.  So by this time I'm chomping at the bit & wanted to run & run.    Poor dog!  I kept saying, ok honey, want to do a little more??        This is like one of those commercials where it starts out in black & white witth dismal music & dour tones, & then suddenly color & happy sounds because the person tried some new product.   probably a drug. Wink.    Wouldn't have let myself whine so much if it didn't turn out happy.   Figured maybe somebody could use it in the same circumstances.  Just make sure you have a dog to fetch, & arrange for sun & fall colors. 

short version, 5.05 miles, av. pace 10:13, max 8;31.

btw... Twocat & Slo I thought about both of you when I was in my yucky part, knew I should be happy to be out there.

sorry so long.

happy Friday!