Masters Running

40s 50s 60s+ On the Run - w/e 10/17/10 (Read 315 times)

. . . I tripped and fell at about 10 miles. Landed sprawling on the pavement, and of course the first thing I do is turn off the Garmin to preserve my splits. THEN I assessed my injuries.

Big grin  Glad there were no "real" injuries.

Stumpy - Did ya run the 10k?

Hi, Ev!  MIss ya around here.

Joe - I want details about "The Monkey."  I've been looking at that for a long time.  Hey - we watched a little bit of the show "Meat & Potatoes" on FoodTV today.  They were at a place called "Prime and Beyond" in Fort Lee, NJ.  Suppose to be an unbelievable steakhouse.  Started out as a butcher shop, but folks ask them to turn it into a restaurant (30 tables).  It's owned by a Korean family, with the son (a former premed student) running it.  (Just sending this out as an FYI.)

Rest day, except for some getting-the-yard-ready-for-winter work.  Still need to deadhead my hydrangeas.  That'll take well over an hour since they went berserk this year.

There's a horse on the acreage across from our house.  I decided tomorrow I'm calling animal welfare.  It seems to me she's way too thin.  Her hipbones are prominent, and you can see her ribs.  She's a rescue horse that, from my understanding, was rescued from absolutely deplorable conditions, very abused.  I contacted the horse rescue operation a couple of months ago that adopted her out, and they came and did a wellness check.  Even left a message for me saying they'd given the new owners some ideas for taking care of her.  Well, it's not working.  Her nose is running, one eye is running, and she just seems too damn thin.  I don't see that she's ever being given hay or grain, and seems to be surviving on the little bit of grass that's in the field.  I fed her some carrots and a couple of small apples, and then pulled some of my taller grass (saves me having to weedwack!) and fed her.  Something needs to be done for this animal.

There are 2 horses in the field, and the other one is much more healthy looking as I believe its owner comes by regularly to take care of it.  The lady who adopted the other one - well, let's just say it's a good bet she's on public assistance, so I don't now how she can afford to take care of this horse.  Oh wait - obviously she can't.

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Leslie--you might have noticed, since you quoted part of my little race report in the daily. Evil But yes, I did.  It was fun, it was hard, and I'm pretty sure I'll do it again next year.  Beautiful time of year to do it. 

Joe--I don't think it was really associated with the one that you did in Andover earlier this year, but I think the RD and a bucnh of the other people running participated.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

I think I posted in here first, Stumpy. Um, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Black eye

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance