Masters Running

Monday, April 19th Boston Runs (and Refresh Display clicking) !!! (Read 736 times)

dg.

04/19 WillRunForBeer - Boston Marathon, Boston MA  12652

04/19 predawnrunner - Boston Marathon, Boston MA  21507

04/19 CNYrunner - Boston Marathon, Boston MA   8941

04/19 evanflein - Boston Marathon, Boston MA  16394

04/19 breeger1 - Boston Marathon, Boston MA  18474

04/19 Fortunate One - Boston Marathon, Boston MA  19490

04/19 Holly S. - Boston Marathon, Boston MA   19607

04/19 mainerunnah - Boston Marathon, Boston, MA 

04/19 Tramps - Boston Marathon, Boston, MA  10354

04/19 LaTortuga - Boston Marathon, Boston MA

04/19 ksrunr - Boston Marathon, Boston MA  2890

04/19 Perchcreek  - Boston Marathon, Boston MA 16113

04/19 IRunmike - Boston Marathon, Boston MA  13742

04/19 PeterNC - Boston Marathon, Boston MA  17927

04/19 GGP - Boston Marathon, Boston MA  20369

04/19 Kimmie - Boston Marathon, Boston MA  19482

04/19 PBJ - Boston Marathon, Boston MA 9286

04/19 Francesca - Boston Marathon, Boston MA  21442

04/19 Aamos - Boston Marathon, Boston MA 11815

04/19 EGH3 - Boston Marathon, Boston MA    25388

04/19 lamerunner - Boston Marathon, Boston MA  17400

Wow.  

ok, those of us in the virtual corral agreed to serve breakfast in bed to you all.   (remember?.... yes, we did!.  wake up!!)       Holly & Erika you're early risers... you're first.  

Good Luck everybody!!!!!    Have fun & then tell us alll about it.

evanflein

Kind of funny sharing a computer, we forget to log off and log back in. I am myself now...

Holly said set the alarm for 6:30. I said yeah right, like you'll be able to stay in bed that long! So we were up around 6, taking our time, checking the news (weather looks perfect, yay!!), eating breakfast and getting ready. Will catch the shuttle at 8. This is my 3rd time doing Boston and I've never used the race buses to the start. I like that.

See you on the other side, folks!

Thanks, dg, but I bet I was up before  Holly and Erika.

(BTW: that was my breakfast this morning.  Banana and muffin in my bag for Hopkinton)

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

Thanks for everyone's good wishes over the past years really.  I appreciate more than you know.  Yesterday's party at Robin's was Da Bomb!  Meeting and re-meeting the nicest Masters people anywhere.

Don't be concerned if I seem to be running slowly.  That's the plan!  Today is about the reward for the hard work and about getting thru the hills so I am able to walk well enough to get to the after-race get-together.

Later.  Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning!  Thanks Dg for breakfast!

I accidentally posted as Erika, so I had to log in andre-post.

Erika and I decided to splurge on the late shuttle, so we don't leave until 8am.  So we're hanging out in our jammis enjoying a leisurely breakfast and coffee.  The weather looks beautiful, with blue skies showing outside our hotel window right now.

No real speed goals for me today, just going to take it as it comes.  printed a 4-hour pace band, but if I find that efffort gets in the way of having a good time, I will toss it.  I'm even taking my cellphone, so maybe I'll take a couple pictures on the go....

A word of warning:  Erika and I are both wearing back skirts black short-sleeved shirts with our Maniac singlets over them---in the pictures, you might not be able to tell us apart....

Good luck to the other runners today!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Wow, the day is finally here and what an impressive list of participants we have!!    Good Luck everyone!    I have to go pop the popcorn now ....  Big grin

Rest day for me, but I wanted to tell Avenger Dog thank you for leaving the dead varmit behind.   I do like ice cream though!

Happy Boston Day!!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
              It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

I look my best blurry!

I'm even taking my cellphone, so maybe I'll take a couple pictures on the go....

A word of warning:  Erika and I are both wearing back skirts black short-sleeved shirts with our Maniac singlets over them---in the pictures, you might not be able to tell us apart....

I hope you do! Can't wait to see them!  

I look my best blurry!

Don't be concerned if I seem to be running slowly.  That's the plan!  Today is about the reward for the hard work and about getting thru the hills so I am able to walk well enough to get to the after-race get-together.

Later.  Bill

I love your plan.  You've earned it!  Have fun.

Kristen

Best of luck to the Boston Runners today.!!
                    Vista
                    evanflein

Joey!!! Thanks so much! I've been thinking about you a lot. Wish you'd come back, fren.
                      Roy C

Good Luck Everyone running the Boston today.

As I've been out of the loop for a while I wasn't aware this was on.  I'll be on here a lot today looking to see how you are all doing.

Me and the Wood boy went out for a nice 5 miler in the woods.  No planes (not that we get many) to be heard, sunny and cool breeze, perfect.  I'm back to Roy C as I couldn't log in as jogger, but most of you remember that.  Thanks to all for the welcome back.  

Again, good luck everyone, out on the bike now.

Roy

Jlynne

It's here! It's here! I'm so virtually excited this morning!!! Thanks for the hearty breakfast Deb. I can't wait to hear about everyone's race and look at all the pictures. You all have worked so hard for this day. I'm glad the weather is perfect. Time to go make a memory!

I'm bummed that none of our cable channels are carrying the race so I can't tape it to watch later. I do have my sheet with everyone's bib # on it and I'll keep track of y'all while I'm at work.

5.75 miles for me this morning, 9:14 pace. Beautiful clear skies at 4:30 with 34° temps.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU!!!

MTA Slo - I'm so jealous!! Good for you for buying and selling in less than 24 hours. This could make your Cellcom pretty interesting, yes?

Eliz - yay!

usandtoto-2@msn.com

GOOD LUCK and GOOD RUNNING in Boston today.  Remember Patriots Day.

Fair winds and fleet feet.

A nice short 5 miles for me this morning thinking about Boston. 

Marathon Maniac #530 Mike (My Indian name is "Runs for Beer")

I'm busy this morning and won't be able to follow the big race live. I just hope that my DVR records it OK. It's broadcast on the "Universal Sports" network, which I don't get on my satellite service. However, this network does come through on one of our over-the-air digital channels. Unfortunately, the transmitter is distant and in the wrong direction for my outside antenna, so the signal is very iffy and we lose it if there's any sort of bad weather.

But good luck to all our runners. Until I saw dg's list, I had no idea there were so many. I'll be rooting for my favorites to do well. (Disclaimer: you are all my favorites!)

Now I'm off to swim for a while and then deliver my Meals on Wheels route.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

I usually don't cry until I start reading the Boston RRs.  Race hasn't even started yet and Breger has me all teary-eyed at my desk.

HAVE A BLAST, BOSTON PEEPS!!!!!   

Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com