Masters Running

Tuesdaily, 12.11.18 (Read 37 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

Nice picture, Joe! What was the temperature?

Not bad here today, mid 30s and sunny, and I ran 6 miles on the trails in Golden Gate Canyon State Park.  The trails are almost  completely snow-free, which is weird, because when I run on the dirt roads around my neighborhood I still need screw shoes.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Easy 5 with 1 hour boot camp.

Happy running all!

evanflein

Erika's sunrise pic is about an hour before her sunset pic, right?

Ha, you do realize that was taken before the marathon in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware, right? 7 a.m. race start with a beautiful sunrise behind us.

This whole picture thing drives me nuts. And I used to be able to do it! And no, there are really no firewall restrictions here, we can access pretty much anything. I know I've done the Facebook copy image/paste thing before, which is why this is bugging me so much. I just need to let it go.

Hope all goes well with your DD today, Holly.

5.3 chilly miles (8° but barely a breeze) this afternoon. We had a forecast of snow starting late morning/early afternoon but it's almost 3:30 p.m. now and no snow. Good. Everything is plowed so nicely now, it's a drag when it gets all covered up again. Oh well. Our temps are going to drop steadily this week so I wanted to get an outside run done. Not sure I want to venture out during the day when it's below zero. I can do it after work so don't need to worry about the clean up/repair job to come back to my desk, but then I need headlamp and reflective vest. *sigh* I hear ya, Jlynne, on this going to be a long winter!

Computraining, 1.5 mile run, 90 minute massage, Christmas shopping

That's all I've got - exhausted, crawling in bed and it's not even 8p here!!

denise

Marathon Maniac #957

Erika - 8 degrees is a little more than chilly in my book....

The appointment with the PO went well.  Apparently possession of marijuana paraphernalia and a speeding ticket put DD on the really low end of importance, probation-wise.  And since she is going to school and holding down a job, he was pretty low-key.  He did give her a drug test (a cup to pee in with many colored stripes.  Two lines on every stripe means negative for everything from pot to meth to oxy to many other drugs I am not familiar with).  She passed all with flying colors, which is good - "I TOLD you. Mom!"  Now, if she can just stay out of trouble for one more month, the probation will be over.  In 6 months we can petition to have it sealed or expunged or something.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

good job, Holly.

sounds like someone's learned her lesson.

Five miles in the morning mizzle was just the ticket for washing away

the aftertaste of Monday Night Football spotlighting Seattle’s

quarterback producing a PR lifetime worst performance ever

while wearing a pewk-green uniform the broadcasters

had to call "active" green.  I don't think we'll ever it it again.

nice marj posting of erika’s sunrise pic.
              kind of what I imagined it might be like
              but lucky, lucky, no wind that can sometimes
              be biting cold on that side of the country

posting pictures - <<<(rant)>>>
              I don’t like to rant but it’s a sad commentary that the smart-alecky programmers who like to show how elegant and smart they are by making everything as complicated as possible can allow us to type a run and post it but don’t have the human decency and courtesy to let us take a picture and post it without having to go through third party vendors, etc. making it like having to buy a Boeing 747 to drive down the highway not using 99% of the gadgetry they’ve forced us to purchase instead of just riding my bicycle that’s all I need, . . . if that.
              <<<(end rant)>>> .  
              leaves - having already raked up all the leaves from the two cherry trees didn’t stop me from wandering around the yard picking up about a hundred wind-scattered remnant leaves, squirrel-scattered acorn caps and broken shells, and twigs and fallen moss.  Almost as good exercise as the raking. At least this year’s Frosties won’t be full of leaves, . . . if it snows.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Dave59

Dave, it worked for me for about my last year before retirement!

Joe618

Nice picture, Joe! What was the temperature?

Just under 20F.

Holly, glad for the positive outcome in the discussions with the PO and your DD.   Some real life lessons, some day you'll have some fascinating discussions.

Joe

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, another quick post.  Another EZ 5 miles this morning.  Did the second Boston butt in the crockpot last night (same recipe) and made the "dipping" sauce (strained what's left in the crockpot, allowed the fat to congeal then removed it, bring rest to boiling then thicken with flour and add some lemon juice).  The meat is all shredded and I'll put it back in the crock pot tomorrow with some of the sauce and heat it before the pot luck.

Steve, that's also my preferred smoking meat but my smoker is 3+ hours drive away....

Evanflein, congrats on the marathon!

Now I'll try the whole copy/paste from FB thing (but I suspect it won't work for me....)

Image may contain: 5 people, including Greg Halen, Sabrina BLue and John Straka, people smiling, people standing, bridge, shoes and outdoor

Hmmm, oddly, ctrl V/ctrl V worked (at least I can see it).  This is the Whiteman AFB crew that happened to be in Fairbanks in 2012 and ran the Gold Discovery Run.  Pre-race.  I'm in the Black Warrior 50K shirt (an ultra in northwest AL).  The race ends at the Silver Gulch Brewery (we're standing in front of it)--the northernmost brewery in North America (unless one has opened since then north of there....).

Joe618

Photo looks terrific, Falcon!!   Thanks!

Man, I'm hungry just reading your post.   I'll be over soon....

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

evanflein

Great picture, Falcon! And that's Bad Bob Baker in the orange behind your group. He's the one who had the heart attack on our mile track race a couple years ago... a couple years after this was taken.