Masters Running

Let's start Monday with another semi-lurker (Read 41 times)

Yes - I lurk during the week....After I log my run and read everyone's posts, I get too overwhelmed or pulled away to add my own comments.

Silly me!!

Ran 9 miles yesterday and 3.2 today - really looking forward to my 1/2 on Sunday. Getting a chiro tune-up this afternoon!!

TwoCat - congrats on a great marathon!!

OM/Esther - ran a great race at NYC yesterday

Erika - I am so not ready for snow yet!!

Sending all of you peaceful, calming thoughts for the next 2 days. I have a feeling it's not going to be pretty!! I am working 12 hours tomorrow so already voted and am rather glad to not be around the polls, but think the workplace tension could be high. I hope I have lovely patients and can spend a lot of time in their rooms!!

denise

Mariposai

Good morning deez4boyz. Nice 9 miler yesterday!

OrangeMat rocked her NYC race yesterday, 4:05 and looking gorgeous as ever at the finish line.

Twocat, once again, what a great race you had on Saturday. I was looking at your negative splits, wow...you were flying the second half.

The Easy Pacer and I are back to Omak after a quick trip to Tucson to witness the magical wedding of Mc Solar and Debbie. Here is a picture of the RA runners who were at the wedding.

In the picture: Mrs. Opie, Opie, McSolar, me, the Easy Pacer

In the picture: Opie, Mrs Opie, The Easy Pacer and me.

The bride, the groom and me with the wedding cake I made for the love birds.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Head Procrastinator

Hi everyone, thanks for posting the pics, Nancy. I would love a closer up one of the cake. It looks beautiful. I wish them every happiness although have not met Debbie.

Didn't post my ride yesterday, 32 very windy miles with 11 others. Garmin acted up and I guess I sort of reset it because it lost the ride prior to the break.

Weights and strength/core this morning. Been slacking on that.

~ My Profile~ The avatar is happy BOC wootcats

..hi deez, nice to see you checking in..

.......Great pics mari.....

=========

.still having Back ''issues''

so

skipped the PoolRun yesterday, (couldn't take my shoes off in the locker room)

and

20-min X-Bike standing today, whist wearing two back braces

hopefully

another work-out before Voting tomorrow,

then BACK to knoxville

.................good running guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

TammyinGP

Beautiful pics Nancy! And I second the request for a closer pic of the cake. Looks like a lovely wedding celebration for Matt and Debbie!

A couple of short trail runs this weekend. I'm sad that I won't see much daylight after work for the next several months. But I'm glad I have the flexibility to come in early and leave early, so I can still get in some late afternoon runs during the week.

Tammy

I was away for a few days, but seems only good news is happening around here...

Great to see McSolar and his bride, and of course, what a lovely cake!

Great to see Steve's and his DW's newest grandbaby.  She's beautiful!

Great to hear of a stellar NYC marathon for Orangemat.

Great to hear of Twocat's fast negative split marathon!

Great to hear about and see the photo of Mike's kid and grandkids winning state championship in soccer!

What else did I miss?

Everyone seems to be running well - good to hear Deez that you are getting longer runs in now.

Mr. Blue Eyes and I took our mountain bikes out to my cabin.  We tried out the only trail reasonably close by that allows mountain biking.  Neither of us have done this kind of riding in many years and I felt very uncoordinated.  The trail went along a river valley, but after only 2 miles or so, we hit a washed out area and could not continue.  This was after I had already blundered a stream crossing and gotten both feet/shoes soaking wet.  There was a side trail there, which we followed, kind of completely lost!  And, it is not like there were any other people around.  We eventually hit a forest road that was marked, so could see where we were on the map.  Then we took that road up up up to about 2000 feet.  I had to get off my bike a few times and walk the incline.  The ride downhill was sure fun!!   Weee!!  14 miles total, with about 2300 feet total elevation gain and loss.  A few nice views of the river valley from up high.  The next day it rained heavy, about an inch total precipitation, so we just hung out doing nothing, same on Sunday.  I will run later today...

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Marathon Maniac #957

Beautiful pics Nancy! And I second the request for a closer pic of the cake. 

+1

Enke - that sounds like quite a ride!

No running for me today, just swimming, 20 laps (40 lengths).

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

pfriese

Hi fellow semi-lurker deez4boyz. Nice run.

Fantastic pictures Mariposai.

Quite the bike ride Enkephalin. Downhills are always fun.

And nice swim Holly.

Easy 5 mile run today after yesterdays 14 miler. Big earthquake here yesterday evening. No damage in our area, just a lot of shaking. This is the first time the dog has gotten scared though.

Paul

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

thanks deezie.

Maybe dg can start one sometime too.

Happy wedding to McS.

Did you move back to AZ?

enke - very scary getting lost this time of year

but might as well be with someone you like if you do.

Happy it ended up okay, though.

After only getting lost two times in last weekend's rainy Carkeek 12-hour Fun Run,

got lost two-and-a-half times in six-and-a-half hours at this Saturday's soakfest

at the In-Unity-We-Run NYC Remembrance Marathon and am still drying out.

ps - is grinning amy recovering from the World Series or something.

I thought it should've made everyone happy, at least a little.

Not tomorrow though.

pps Erika - today's Bing.com search engine features

three questions about up there.

Unfortunately, I only got two correct.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Thank you all for the good wishes pre-race and congratulations post-race! This is a great group. I am back at an airport today. My DW and I are now heading out to Phoenix to see her sister compete in the US Dog Agility Association's national championships! It should be a lot of fun. Her dog, Baxter, has been a champion in a ton of events over the years. He is now getting on in age. Alas, the USDAA does not have a master's division. Tough on the old guy!

OrangeMat I want to add my congratulations to everyone else's on your great performance in NY.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Hi all,

I'm also admiring the beautiful wedding photos!  Cheers to MC!

Today I'm being a big lazy thing.  Yesterday I ran 11 slowly, with some walking in the last 2 miles...  Herr Wegetarian ran it as well; he'll run his first half marathon in a couple of weeks.

My internal gps worked well when we were "lost" following a trail that was overgrown and not on our map.  I was sure we were heading for a certain forest service road that was marked and which would lead back to the car, going northeast.  He thought we were going northwest and were already on that road.  I couldn't convince him he was mistaken (men!)  Then he looked at the gps Strava map on his phone...

I ran 7 miles around noon. It's steamy out there, close to 60F and humid.  Nice mild weather for November.  Looking forward to running again tomorrow.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

evanflein

Was Orange Mat here? Or just posting on FB? I saw she had a great NYC marathon, but missed her in here.

Nice to see McSolar so happy. Totally deserves that. Looked like a beautiful ceremony, too!

I'm being kind of a slug here, too. Grey and cold looking out there, but it looks like the bike path below my building got plowed! I might have to venture out there to check it out. I even brought my headlamp today in case I get out too late for any daylight.

evanflein just FB so far as I know. I think the well wishes here are sort of just virtual shoutouts to her. Plus there is always the chance that someone on FB that knows her will let her know about them and she will revisit the daily! Hint, hint, nudge, nudge, know what I mean? 

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

TC--are you in another time zone?  what's with the 1am postings?

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.