Masters Running

Tuesday's Daily, 3.13.18 (Read 42 times)

Got lucky and the rain parted during my regular workout time in the afternoon.

So, 240 miles is now the laurel to sit on. Remember when 100 miles was enough?

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, so the snow fell for a while last night.  With the preceding rain, roads slushed up then froze.  So no run pre-dawn (still have flashbacks on potential black ice situations--and this was past potential).  Luckily it was a sunny, relatively warm day so things cleared pretty well.  By the end of the work day, I headed out for a run that included 6 x 800m intervals.  Those went well, despite the wind.  First was in 3:16, rest either 3:18 or 3:19 and averaged 2:18 recoveries.  Overall, a bit over 10 miles.

Have a great night everyone!

Marathon Maniac #957

Image result for banging head against wall

Honestly, I'm not trying to be mean, but either our client is simply not smart or she just . . . doesn't . . . listen!!  Or maybe a combination of both . . . . My frustration with her knows no end.

Well, since most of my clients are elderly, I have several of these at any given time. Today I had a 2-hour client meeting with a man who's wife just went into a nursing home and 1) be the end I had a raging headache from shouting at him (he is very hard of hearing) and 2) my patience at explaining the same concepts to him over and over had me exhausted.  Finally, I ended the meeting, took his hands in mine, and said, "Not to worry, we will get through this process together, one step at a time." His grateful grin as he squeezed my hand made me want to hug him.  As frustrated as I get sometimes, I am (finally) learning some patience.

Snow squalls today - short bursts of high winds and white-out snows, have I said that I am ready for spring?

4.3 miles on the TM.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

catwhoorg

Labrat

5 at lunch and a hilly 6 after work.

Guess my legs have mostly recovered from Chattanooga. Not going to do any speedwork for a couple more weeks though

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

wildchild

Carolyn

So, 240 miles is now the laurel to sit on. Remember when 100 miles was enough?

Yeah, 200 milers are the new 100 milers.  No thanks - I did a 100k once and that was enough.  Think I'll stick to 50 miles and under!

No new snow here - I ran a 6 mile out-and-back trail run in the local state park, and the trails were in much better shape than a week ago.  Some mud and slush and snow, but no death ice today! And mostly just dry single track - fun!  I've been playing with the altitude settings on my Epson GPS - today it said my net elevation gain/loss was 1100 ft.  It was pretty much all uphill going out, and downhill coming back.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

spacityrunner

No run for me today. After class I headed to old town and met up with blb/rcg Rosie for a wonderful dinner. Non stop talking is what we did!

Trails Rock!

2 miles walking with MrStarr this afternoon on a sunny warm day. Definitely no death ice out there today at 40*. Sorry for the NE digging out from another storm.

Holly and Leslie, I have days where I want to pull my hair out trying to explain the same thing over and over. Sometimes it’s the language barrier but some of them just don’t get it no matter what.

I am going to skip the pain pill tonight and see how it goes.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

SteveP

Here's empathy to the people getting hammered with snow.

Jay - Kudos for your 7.35

RunnerKSA - Nice double workout.

Henrun - It nice you don't have to travel for a gym.

SteveP that is one unpleasant situation you have on your hands. I would give odds one way or the other you all are done with that builder.

A good customer is one who pays their bills on time and one you can make an honest profit on. It doesn't matter if you like them or not.

Surly Bill - I was at a pre-race get together for events that included an ultra. I over heard, "I didn't have another 50 in me. I dropped after 100 miles" and "The last 14 hours of that race kicked my a**".

Holly - You're a gem.

We had a long meeting after work. When I got home, Tag greeted me. I opened the door of the truck. He jumped in and over me before I got the seat belt off. I guess we're hitting the trails. I called DD#1 and she released Mia. By the time I go gear changed, both dogs were in the truck and ready to go. There was a dead deer at the trail head. The dogs would be more interested in that than listening to me so we went a little further in. It was 29 however, the snow was still crusted over enough to support my fat butt until I pushed off. Then my foot would sink through with a crunch and what was underneath was pretty slippery. The challenging part is that you really didn't know how deep the snow is nor what type of hazard is under the surface. Just the way I like it. After 1/2 a mile, I quit trying to keep track of the dogs and payed more attention to balance and footing. It may not be possible to see the pure joy in their faces when they haul tail down a trail. Just 1.6 in order to avoid the temptation of road kill. Who can compete with that?

SteveP

Ky JohnTerry

Coming back on the scene of running and did a double for the day.  Walked a quick pace at work for 30 min, then hit the treadmill after a light weight session Monday evening.  All in all it was a 3 mile Monday.  I have been able to jog at a slight pace since my pec tear incident.  getting better everyday I heard these type of things just takes time to heal.