Masters Running

Frisky Friday the 23rd (Read 29 times)

Sayhey! MM#130

Hiya!

"Frisky" as it's fall and many of you are reporting some brisk temperatures.  Mine are less humid, but less than brisk.

Today is the birthday of the Boss, yes, but....

Image result for Louise Berliawsky NevelsonImage result for Louise Berliawsky Nevelson

......also an American sculptor, Louise Nevelson.

Got in 6 and a half this am.  A duck was crossing the road on my way back and held up traffic doing so.  Made me smile lots more than the line o' parents yesterday!

Henry, that's in less than a month!  You'll be running again before you know it.  We're all with you, chum!

Happy weekending all!

grins,

A

P.S. Well, I think this about sums up my other thoughts:

Image result for brooms

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Magic number of 5 with 9 to go does it for me, Amy.

No running to report for the past week or so.  Right foot is still a bit swollen with a nice sore spot between 2nd and 3rd toes.  Seems to be subsiding, but two weeks in work boots and not enough icing and ibu have probably helped it drag on.  Self diagnosis says it might be Morton's neuroma, but probably need an actual doctor to say so.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

TammyinGP

I'll get in a few miles this afternoon with the XC team. easy road run today since we had a meet yesterday.

12K trail race tomorrow. There's a 5K through the vineyards, or 12k /  24k race through some tough trails called the Enchanted Forest. it won't be easy by a long shot. In fact, I'm sure Hal Koerner will finish the 24K before I even finish the 12K.

Tammy

Marathon Maniac #957

Amy - a broom?  Cleaning house?  Sweeping someone off their feet? 

Kevin - I am beginning to think dr opinions are overrated with regards to running injuries.  (Don't get me started on PT.)  Rest and ice and time usually makes it go away, regardless.

No run for me today, swimming instead. 44 lengths (22 laps) - a new record for me.  Of course, I continue to rest for about 60 seconds at the end of each length to catch my breath.  But I am okay with that.

Happy Friday!

DH and I are going with two other couples to Top Golf tonight.  It just opened up, and is supposed to be something between a driving range and video game, with an upscale bar/restaurant and music.  Sounds like fun, and something different.  http://topgolf.com/us/west-chester/

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Amy - a broom?  Cleaning house?  Sweeping someone off their feet? 

Kevin - I am beginning to think dr opinions are overrated with regards to running injuries.  (Don't get me started on PT.)  Rest and ice and time usually makes it go away, regardless.

inside Red Sox humor.  They just swept two series. 

and I agree--a day with nice loose shoes and a ample vitimin I dosage, it's feeling much better today.  Hoping for a run this weekend.  Especially since I signed up for a 5k at LL Bean at the end of October.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Sayhey! MM#130

inside Red Sox humor.  They just swept two series. 

Not INSIDE, just not wanting to get all scolded again about too much sports talk.......but it's the first time in decades, so it's on my mind and making me happy.

The Enchanted Forest was the theme of my high school prom.

I'll just stop now.

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Why did the duck cross the road???

Kevin – ouch!

0.5 mile repeats @ 8:26 X 4 and I am still sweating!!!

Kirsten

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Groucho Marx

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

amy - Although I'm boycotting baseball until the playoffs and some national announcers who won't feel so obligated to be so effusive about a former Mariner traito, . .  I mean player who just got into the Hall of Sha, . . . I mean Hall of Fame,  the clever color of the broom was a big tip-off that that team I used to despise except they hate the Yankees too (plus Big Papi didn't retire after all) must have done something good. I hope one of the victims was the Yankees.  In fact, hurry up and put another broom in there.

Run - first truly hohum day up here a little southeast of erika-land: mile run not to be late to pick up GS and walk back with him in his cardboard box robot costume he made "for fun" during free time.  It goes with he cardboard folding laptop and cardboard box television, microwave and minifrigerator he's made for my room. No wonder I like getting old and having a grandson so much.

ps - I know we not only walked back faster than the school bus which makes his closest stop the last drop-off but also probably faster than than many of the parents lined up to pick up their kids too.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

wildchild

Carolyn

Tet, I love that your grandson made you cardboard appliances for your room! He sounds so fun, and you're a lucky grandpa.

The fall colors are amazing here now!  I should have just stayed home and run in my neighborhood, because our colors are better than the local trails right now.  But I met a friend for a trail run, because the company was nice.  10 miles, too hot at the start, but better when the clouds moved in.

Amy is always sweeping people off their feet, no?

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

No team I care about is anywhere near making the baseball playoffs.  There is always . . .

Ran 8 miles this morning. Tried to get my cadence down a bit. Failed. There is always . . . 

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Mariposai

Tet's postings always make me smile. Your grandson is such a gem.

Wildchild, I enjoyed seeing the wedding pictures. Nice 10 miler today with a friend.

La Tortuga, look at you! doing some speed work.

Holly, enjoy your night out.

Twocat, great 8 miler. No over or under passes pictures?

8 miler for me today too after work. Gorgeous running weather. I am debating how long I should run tomorrow, just three weekends before Portland. I am being very lay back about my Portland training.

I am still missing my Rosie Ruiz relay teammates.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard