Masters Running

Wednesday's Daily, 1.3.18 (Read 40 times)

spacityrunner

Twokitty...the simple version is you sign up and set a mileage goal for the year.  you are randomly assigned to a team for the year.  Your team goes head to head each week with other teams for various points. It is a bit more "complicated" than that, but the jist is you sign up, set your goal, get placed on a team and try and meet your goal every week. I have meet lots of new folks this way!

Here is where you can find the info:

https://www.runningahead.com/groups/2018_in_2018/forum/7ebc8ba396fe4f10999e286f9469e6ff/resume#focus

https://www.runningahead.com/groups/2018_in_2018/forum/a46d262a5d0640ccad59d25c52f8c200/resume#focus

I clearly have no idea how the game is set up. I had thought it was just a year end team total competition. Apparently not. So what gives? Enquiring (but obviously too lazy to look up the answer) minds want to know.

Trails Rock!

TammyinGP

4 miles tonight.

that's all 

Tammy

evanflein

5.1 miles tonight, got out later than I'd wanted to but kept waiting for it to warm up! Forecast was for mid to upper teens, and it never got above 8° that I could see. Was about 4° when I went out. I was fine, but my butt got cold.

The only one I know on the team we're against this week is Hermosaboy. Great... first match up is against a team wth a well known mileage junky!  If he wasn't such a nice guy and overall outstanding runner, I'd be bummed out.  I almost didn't sign up for the game again this year because I have those same OCD tendencies Falconfixer has. And to make it worse, I'm co-captain this year. Yay, I know absolutely nothing about being a co-captain! What could possibly go wrong??

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

RIP Streak 2018 - possible running ‘mute or over to DW’s tennis, etc. didn’t materialize so no 364  day running streak for 2018.  Maybe next year.  Sure do admire those who, in spite of everything else going on in their lives, manage to run, run, run day-in-and-day-out.  Maybe when I’m retired.  Oh, I am.

Enquiring (but obviously too lazy to look up the answer) minds want to know.

Count me along with everyone else in the world who,

in spite of everything else we might think, are pretty

sure that twocat does not have a lazy mind.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Dave59

I went into the office on Wednesday. I try to show my face there once or twice a week. It may be pointless to do that soon as more people are working from home.

I stopped at the gym on the way home. I got back on the ARC trainer and weight machines after a month long break from that. Last month all I wanted to do is get to 100 miles so I never got around to cross training. The gym is not as crowded as I expected. The numbers seemed normal for that time of day. I thought there would be extra people there with the new year's resolution people.