Masters Running

Wednesday July 22 daily runs plus (Read 488 times)

Deez - YEA!!!!!!  And yes, God is definitely good.  I am so happy for you and your family.  Will continue to keep your family in my prayers as you work toward a full resolution/understanding of what's been happening with your son.

CNY - I think you should try and get the Barcelona gig as often as possible.

Did you guys know that Snickers makes a Snickers w/almonds now???  Oh mother of all that is sweet chocolatey goodness!  Snickers is my favor-ite candy bar, and I love, love, love almonds.  I think I'm feeling faint . . . . . . . . .

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

OK - so we've got our Boston reservation through bnbboston.com.

For about the cost of a nice hotel room in the general vicinity of the finish line (if you count tax and internet), we've got a 1-BR apartment on Beacon street. I figure we can save money doing some of our own meal prep. They still have some availability in the Back Bay/Beacon Hill general area if anyone wants to jump on this. They've got other rentals that are cheaper further away, too.

Congrats on the grandbaby, Tet.  Ours is due in less than 3 weeks!  We have been invited to fly up to Boston for the birth.  If dawndaughter1's  labor is anything like mine was (with her), we'll have plenty of time to get there once we get the call.

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

King of PhotoShop

For Aamos:  Good luck tonight, may the better team win.  Thought you would like this, from the Onion.

A-Rod Also Leading Yankees In Grammatical Errors

July 27, 2006 | | Onion Sports

NEW YORK—After an embarrassing post-game interview in which Alex Rodriguez committed three sloppy grammatical errors in a single sentence, the Yankee third-baseman moved into the team lead with 57 on the season. "I'm feeling really well out there, and I thought I had proved myself after yesterday's game, but I just can't seem to remember that prepositions are not a good thing to end a sentence with," said Rodriguez, who has been working with Yankees sentence-construction coach Lee Mazzilli on his fielding of questions. "But irregardless of what my critics say, this inflammable problem will be fixed by me." Rodriguez was also quick to note that he would likely only be third on the team in both grammatical errors and double-negatives if Hideki Matsui and Gary Sheffield had been healthy and talking all season

Spareribs

Deez, so glad to hear from you.  Ritalin is powerful stuff--I hope that you're right and that DS improves with every day.  It must be joyous to have him home.  Do keep us informed.

Ribs, I think y'all should be a bit more hospitable to our fellows.  After all, both Josh and Clay are Texas boys.  It's not nice to knock them around, y'know.  (Since you were there last night, can you see why I love Pedey?)  Love the Onion piece, tx!

5 for me at lunch, then 3 before the game with DH--we're doing a half this weekend, down Spearfish Canyon.

PDR--very cool you're invited. 

and Holly, you know you can do the tax thing---be careful about what you take on--I once flew into Boston with a amiable CPA from St. George.  When I asked her about her time goal, she laughed and said shehadn't had much time to sleep, let along having have time to run much in the past month.   So, schedule accordingly in April--we don't want you to sleep through the parties!

grins,

a

Masters 2000 miles

Marathon Maniac #3309

Amy (grins back at you) 14 miles tonight with 7 at MP - 7:50...nailed it! Was going to do a track workout but "wised up" Nite All TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

evanflein

Hey Tim, nice run tonight!

Sunday's race is the Gold Discovery Run. Mix of trails, hills and roads. Check out this profile.

16.5 miles, very hilly and not all downhill (although that profile makes it look that way). I definitely don't have the hill training this year... The hardest part is the last 2.5 miles, with the last mile being a gradual uphill. After all that up and down, and down down down, your legs are shot and it's always a struggle to the end. But there's free beer and burgers waiting for you, so you make the best of it! My best time is 2:13 something, and I'm hoping for between 2:15 and 2:20 this year. If we do get rain up there between now and then (up on the hill) the first 8 miles can be treacherously muddy. It's a lot of fun; my favorite race!!

We had a dense smoke advisory  by the time I got off work. It sucks too because this morning and early afternoon were really nice! So, not wanting to deep breath that crap for an hour, I headed downstairs to run 8.2 on the treadmill. A progressive pace run, 8:33 avg pace with the first 2 @ 8:49, next 2 @ 8:34, next 2 @ 8:20, next mile @ 8:13, last 1.2 @ 8:34 again. I'd wanted to do the last 2 @ 8:13, but just didn't have it in me.

SteveP

One day at a time ...

Bill

Hang in there Breger tribe

Kudos to Holly for going back to school. Any one ever see a video "Accountants Gone Wild"??

Me either.

Kewl Tet!! Gotta love them Grandkids.

Denise and her family rocks!!!

SteveP