Masters Running

Tuesday's Daily, 1.23.18 (Read 38 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

my Favorite Old Time Remedy

was called ''Teethina'' from the 1920s

one of the

Old Pharmacies

I worked had had a box

it

was for Baby's Teething and was ''guaranteed not to contain heroin''

apparently it had opium instead

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/antique-baby-spoon-dr-moffetts-teethina-quack

Darn - sounds like it might have been helpful!

Twocat - we will let you off this time, but don't make it a habit...

Okay, still in pain but I feel the tide turning.  I( think tomorrow will be an ibuprophen-only day, and maybe a completely-chemical-free day to follow.  I have hope.

I am hoping to start a no-wine/beer-no-Doritos-for-5-days-week plan for weight loss beginning this weekend.  Bathing suit weather will be here before we know it, and DH has an annoying propensity to over-post on FB...

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Early morning meeting. It was in a building I needed to walk a few blocks to get to. It was pouring rain for the walk in both directions. Before anybody writes anything about rules, there is no walking to a meeting rule!

Guess I’m okay with regard to running rule no. 1 on today’s five mile ‘mute 'cause, since most of my running is still walking while last year’s intestinal turmoil settles down so guess I didn’t break running rule no. one today ‘cause I walked all the way to an office building in the International District.  Whew! 

Don’t jump the gun, though, jay: 10m/m race-walking is not walking no matter where you're going.  

Guess I slept through the tsunami warning in the middle of last night but it wouldn’t have gotten down here to the PNW from the Gulf of Alaska until later in the morning, anyway.  Oddly enough, as did happen once in those days, it's so deep and there’s so much space between them (period) that tsunamis pass underneath unnoticed out at sea.
      In the meantime, an erupting volcano caused a deadly avalanche favorite ski area in Japan.  In those day, I couldn’t figure out why skiers would miss night skiing too to sit in a rock pool of hot water in the area’s onsen hot-springs.  Now, I don’t even take my skis.

Image result for kusatsu onsen snow

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

bioguy

Hi all,

leslie, pretty sure heroin was in that “cocktail”. Heroin was invented as a painkiller before its addictiveness was well understood. Bayer Corporaton was involved. Britain allowed that combo of gin, heroin, and cocaine for terminal patients.

buce 6.3 today with a warmup and 6x800 meter intervals.

tailwinds

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, furlough is over so we had to restart the machine....which wasn't too bad.  So back to getting ready for any contingencies that could come up....

As for me, definitely tired....most likely from a lot of miles the last couple of weeks, plus I've been doing the 100 day burpee challenge (I have no idea why) in addition to everything else.  Today may have been the last day (23 of them) for me.  So a 5.1 mile run.  Warm and windy.  Temps go back to something more seasonal (50s and 30s--love winter in the southeast) beginning tonight/tomorrow.  After work, I taught my spin class at the Y.

Have a great night everyone!

SteveP

Trip to work was uneventful for me.  Not so much for one tractor-trailer--he was about 50yards off the highway and into a marsh when i drove by.  Slowly still.  Big old wrecker parked there--probably trying to figure out how the hell they were going to drag this one out.

It's had to imagine the circumstance that lead up to getting that stuck. The driver will be sitting in the bad chair for a while.

Tammy has happy shoes!

Holly, I've stated a weight-loss program as well. Since I've been married, I've been waking up at screwy hours and having snacks. People who eat round the clock tend to be round. DW loves to bake. I'e asked her to store the treats where they're hard to get to.

Our company offers an online course where there's accountability. It's billed as preventative on our health insurance. Those who sign up but don't actively participate have to pay for the course. It starts on the 29th.

Tuesday is often as 12 hour day. The sales staff was out of town for mandatory meetings. I got so much work done I could leave nearly three hours early. Our next-door neighbors (DD#1 and tribe) have the same schedule MTW. So Tag and I grabbed their dogs (Mia 17 months and Moe 14 years) and went two miles through heavy pines after sun set. The path was very icy and simple a good time. It's nice to see Moe act like a puppy when I let him out. I had to help him back in the truck when we were done. One of the mutts broke the rule "No licking the old guy's head when he's driving". Mia is a Lab/Pitt. DD got her from a shelter with a high kill rate. With all of her energy, she'd a much to handle, especially when they have two kids. Twice she's gotten into the coupe and killed chickens. She's also attacked Moe without provocation. DD is looking to re-home her. Tag and I just adore her. DW, most so much. At this point, we can't take her in because of our inconsistent schedules.

SteveP