Masters Running

Tammy! (Read 195 times)

That HBO show looks as if it is going to be really interesting.  It's slated to be shown Dec. 14, then at various times after that.  How intense working on the case must have been.

Was it a plea or trial?  If the latter, is there an appeal?  How much time will she really have to serve?

Thanks for letting us know.

A.

for others who didn't see Tammy's post--there's a documentary based on a case out of her office:

http://www.hbo.com/apps/schedule/ScheduleServlet?ACTION_DETAIL=DETAIL&FOCUS_ID=676192

Masters 2000 miles
    TammyinGP

Thanks Amy.

The state was going for Murder I but offered her a plea under Man 1 just prior to trial, so she took that and is serving 10 yrs for that. I forgot what her oldest son is serving. We didn't represent him but I think he's doing 6 maybe?

there is a push for clemency for her so we'll see if it comes to fruition.

part of my role on her case was reading through volumes of writings of hers that she wrote over all the years, which literally reduced me to tears at times. 

Tammy

Do you know how much she'll have to serve before she's parole eligible?

I can only imagine what you read.  My office and the Victim Assistance folks over at the State's office are all very interested in the show.

Masters 2000 miles
        TammyinGP

I'm pretty sure she is not eligible for early parole on this. I think that was part of the plea. A full 10 yrs, no early parole.

Tammy

evanflein

Such a sad tale, that someone would be reduced to that as a solution. Something terribly wrong with this country if that's the last resort. We don't get HBO... maybe I can get someone to record it for me. But part of me doesn't want to see it.

Amy - thanks much for posting this. 

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

I haven't had a chance to look at the link with a computer with speakers, but am very interested in seeing the HBO special.

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance