Masters Running

Sundaily Tokyo 2024 Day t+1 (Read 38 times)

Hi, Sub.  Did you have a good stay?  We missed you.

Good work, Jay.  I continue to be amazed at your paces.

4 miles for me mid-day.  65 and overcast.  Shorts!  I met an English cream Golden that looks so much like Robert Earl.  I keep thinking they are all his puppies.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

congrats Mariposai!

I don't think I'm alone thinking that Kipchoge's 10th place was due to training through Tokyo marathon, using it as a workout, instead of training for it. Olympic marathon is only 5 months away.

I did an early 4 miles along the Bay, taking advantage of a break in the rain. Kinda cold for here this time of year, 50 USA degrees. We did get over 10' of snow in the Sierra, so I guess it's expected to be colder down here with this storm. Knee has downgraded to "sore", so I think I can start running daily, time/weather permitting. I had to go a bit quicker, like 7:15-30 pace, a few times because I was coming up on runners going just a little slower than me, and I didn't want to run next to them for 50m. That didn't seem to make the knee any angrier while running.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

moebo

Congratulations, Mariposai! I can't wait to hear the details.

I got out for 4.3 slow running miles this morning under partly cloudy skies and 50+ degree temps.  Then after lunch my SO and I decided to take advantage of the sunshine to do another 4.8 miles walking. I am so glad that spring is almost here!

sub - yep, for Princesa Mariposai's fantastica Tokyo Maraton.

ps - is Riviera Nayarit the one with all the sand?

tets, Nayarit has an incredible amount of spectacular beaches and warm Pacific waters. We were in the bay of Banderas. I ran a couple of trails along the beach and discovered fresh water rios that end up in the ocean. They are a hunting ground for crocs to head out and feed for a day or two before heading back to the river (rio). My wife and I encountered a Tiger Snake Eel aka the Ocellate snake eel pushed onto the beach near the river mouth last week and she refused to walk the beach again after the experience. Beautiful weather if you like hot, sunny with no clouds! Hay mucho arena!! (sand)

Hot, sunny, no clouds....

Homer Simpson Drooling Mmm Meme Blank Template - Imgflip

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

lamerunner2

Wow, Posie!  Congratulations!

wildchild

Carolyn

Congrats, Posie, way to go!

I got out for a long run today, 18 miles, on a lovely 60 degree sunshiny day!  Shorts and tee shirt!  I visited my dad this morning and helped him with his lunch, then headed out for my run, and made it back in time to help him with his dinner.  He's really fading, and I'm not sure how much longer he'll be with us.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Dave59

I'll add more congratulations to Mariposai.

Normally I don't run on Sundays but I went out for a short 2.6 miles this morning.

SteveP

Surly Bill - That's an incredible amount of snow.

Sub7 - The trip sounds wonderful.

DW and I got 1.35 miles in.

Saturday, AM we took 4/9 of the grandkids to see Jumanji on the big screen.  They had a blast.

Then we met with the rest of the tribe at grandchild #8 1st birthday celebration.  There was at least 40 people.

Sunday DW went and helped her mom for a few hours after church while I attempted my share and her share of housekeeping duties.

I put chicken on the smoker for six hours in order to have lunch meat for the week.  I smoked three pounds of peaches and made more BBQ sauce.

I'm ready to go back to work.

I need a break.

SteveP

Mariposai

Howdie dear friends. Tokyo marathon was all I dreamed for. I will write up a report later, but for now, this picture says it all.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Marathon Maniac #957

Yay Posie!  What a great accomplishment!

+1    Great picture!

Steve - love your pictures too!

(((Carolyn and family)))

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

anneb

Congrats on your marathon, Mariposai!

Looks like a beautiful day.

Anne