Masters Running

Mondaily 11/15 (Read 36 times)

But let me look into this riffraff filter.

Hmmm . . . you might want to think twice about that . . . 

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

He probably wants to crank it up 😛

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

SteveP

I just sent BTY 32 friend requests.

SteveP

Jlynne

I just sent BTY 32 friend requests.

Our kids just left to fly back to Seattle after visiting with us since last Friday morning and going to the Seattle/Packer game yesterday.  Between their visit and having the grandboys all last weekend, I'm tuckered out.  There's bedding and towels that need to be washed, a bathroom and bedroom to be cleaned and a dishwasher to be emptied.  I want a nap!

A belated happy anniversary BTY.  Steve - great pictures, as usual.  Nice to see Mike pop in.  Leslie, congrats on an amazing race.  Holly, you've got this.  A few more days and things will be much better.  Bioguy - you made it to the end of the first semester!  A ^5 for that.  Karen, your electric car adventure sounded like, well, an adventure!

A whopping 50 minutes on the ARC trainer this morning!  And, 20 minutes of upper body stuff and a 2 mile walk this afternoon just to get out and enjoy the sunshine and balmy 34 degree temperature.

Have a great rest of your Monday everyone.

Tramps

fully caffeinated and much more optimistic. 

Sounds like a T-shirt...or a campaign slogan....or something.

Be safe. Be kind.

(Retirement is getting tempting, but my insurance is really  good and we are not old enough for Medicare).

Same dilemma and I know I would make a really good retired person!! 

Busy weekend - Saturday enjoyed a great day with dh hitting 2 bakeries and 2 breweries!!

Sunday - walk, bike, church, supermarket - made homemade gnocchi with my mother while watching the Patriots!!  BIL stopped by and had some dinner with us then youngest son and his wife came over for desserts to celebrate dh's 62nd bday!!

Today - walk, bike, drove to Maine with my mother to check on the camper and bring up a couple bags of clean linens. It was great to check on the camper, walk around the campground and make a quick stop at the beach. We went to a fun restaurant in Wells, Maine on our way home and she would have spent another night, but dh and I both have to leave at 5:30am for work tomorrow. So blessed to be able to spend these days with my mom.

Leslie - great job on your ultra!!

MikeE - congrats to the boys and girls teams!!  Vermont - great breweries if you like those, The Von Trapp family lodge is pretty cool, Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream - so much goodness in VT!!

Steve - great photos!!

denise

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

I went 8 miles, today, then lifted weights with my grandson.  It was leg day… my legs are trashed.

Okay—that’s all I got.  I have to go and read some race reports.  See ya!

40 trail minutes for me. After skipping yesterday’s long run because of a stupid sugar low, I decided it was rilly rilly time, this time for sure, to limit sugar. The status quo appears to be headed for type 2 diabetes so I need to get serious. I was successful today. Smile

SteveP

Bio - Have a happy taper.

Jay - It's always a pleasure.

Holly - I'm sorry to hear about your foot.

I remember running up hills way back when.

My Garmin was feeling stingy this morning and measured my usual 5-mile route as 4.79. What's up with that? 

I hate it when that happens.

Does a core and dumbbell workout count as a rest day?

Leslie deserves a rest day.

MurrayM - It seems as though you are a doer as well as a dreamer.

Tet - DW keeps getting solar string lights and she loves them up all year. The grandkids and I love them as well.

Dnaff - It's always good to see you. We're a community.

Every time I see the word "fitness" in this forum, I picture "fitness" whole sandwich in my mouth.

A week of tryouts!!!

JLynne!!!

MikeE is a heck of a role model.

Econo - I'm glad you're checking the sugar stuff.

I got 4.1 miles in before work. Dunkin wanted no part of it.

The people who were hired - then fired to remodel my office did at least $1,000 worth of damage. They destroyed the time clock and very much buried fiber optics after they severed multiple lines.

I've not mentioned a carpet installer we hire on a regular basis because I have a hard time believing this stuff myself. He's been kicked out of some of the homes our company has hired him to work in. He's shown up drunk. We keep hiring him. We have had one complaint of him stealing booze from a customer. The due has been living in our parking lot for over a year. I think we're enabling the guy, but what do I know. I get back from FL and we're storing his work truck while he's in jail. Well, that's interesting.

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

SteveP - Interesting indeed.  Does he at least do a good job of the carpet installation?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

SteveP

SteveP - Interesting indeed.  Does he at least do a good job of the carpet installation?

His work could be the equivalent of walking on sunshine.

If he's been kicked out of more than one jobsite for intoxication, I'm curious as to how he's gotten to and from those jobsites.

If he has stolen from customers - how trust worthy is he when he's on company property and no one is looking over his shoulder?

SteveP

dnaff

Tramps, I LOVE my t-shirt!   Seems fitting I'm drinking coffee when I find it.  Thanks!

Love the T-shirt, Tramps!

Steve - Unfortunately, the guy sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen.

Leslie
                            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance