Masters Running

The Ides of Sept. Daily, 9.15.17 (Read 28 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Thursday’s workouts:
    Tomwhite (40 min PoolRun with letters)
    HopesMom (baking day)
    RunnerKSA (5.2 miles, including 3.1 damp, humid miles with a fox, and 2.1 post-work TM miles)
    Tammy (road run)
    Tramps (24 speedy, muggy morning bike miles)
    Spacityrunner (4 miles at 9AM with a car wash)
    Marj (2 hours of morning running; first hr. fast, then not so much)
    Twocat (10 miles under goal pace)
    Tet (5 sunny morning miles)
    Catwhoorg (5 lunchtime miles)
    Evanflein (pre-Equinox lunchtime walk)
    Holly (5 morning miles in mid-60s temps)
    Henrun (4 post-yoga morning miles)

Mike (7.2 interval miles with the XC kids in H&H)

Deeze (6.2 trail miles with 9r/1w routine, + 1 road mile)

For all you meet-up folks, registration is still open for the Seacoast Half Marathon in Portsmouth,NH, Nov. 12. Just sayin…

That’s a lot of guns, Tomwhite!

Happy Birthday to your tech, HopesMom. I’d wait for a weekend for your cheesecake.

Congrats to your daughter on being published, KSA! And good for her for being ready for the TCM, despite the sucker punch.

Tramps, now I’m even more confused about the bike/run ratio. But it’s all OK.

What Tomwhite said, Spacityrunner…

Nice 2-hr. run, Marj.

Twocat and Evanflein - you wouldn’t even know the anchovies were in that pasta dish (they get mashed in some melted butter and garlic), except that they combine with other ingredient to give it some great flavor.

Twocat, I have a feeling you’ll be in Australia next month, even if it isn’t for your fastest marathon evah.

Wow, Wildchild - you sure have met a lot of RAers. I’m going to have to get on that roster.

Too bad about the missed meet-ups, Tet, but you sure do get around.

Stop that unpaid OT, Cat.

Have fun tomorrow, Evanflein, whatever you wear!

Keep up the good work, Henrun.

Good running with the girls, Mike. Have a good visit with Ryan.

Sorry about your Garmin problems, Deeze, but nice run anyway.

Stumpy, even if it is Fenway Park, I can't imagine a 116-lap marathon.

So is there a possible meet-up somewhere in New England around Evanflein's trip to VT? Cool!

So I went from thinking of going back to sleep this morning to heading out for an EZ workout of maybe 3-4 miles to doing 6.2 RW fartlek miles in 67°, muggy post-rain weather. How did that happen?

Have a greta Friday, and good luck and have fun to this weekend's racers:

09/16 evanflein - Equinox Marathon

09/17 Opie - Melanoma 5k, Waltham, MA

09/17 milktruck - Trail to Ale 10K, Portland ME

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Good workout, Jay!  Getting out the door is a big step!

2.6 miles and that will be it for today.

I feel like I've met a lot of RA folks.  Back when I got on here in 2009, a lot of the active folks seemed to live here in Nashville or be connected to folks here.  Of course, everyone knew Trent and  many came to run the Monkey.   The women's group was big and we had the meet ups every year.  It's fun to meet the people with whom you engage online.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

''That’s a lot of guns, Tomwhite! ''

.......yeah,

I don't get it either,

BUT I'm trying to get him to bring a Cannon if he has one

.........aaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrr

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, everybody!!  Chorus was all kinds of good last night, and I wasn't quite as tired at the end of it as I normally am.  Hoping that's due to better sleep, but even if it's a fluke, I'm fine with that.  We had trouble getting out of the house, though -- I forgot my phone and we had to turn around and go get it (because DH drops me off and then my director brings me partway home, so I have to call DH to meet us).  Then we discovered DH didn't have his phone either.  Then we discovered we forgot to bring another friend a couple of gift cards she'd purchased ... oh well.

Tonight is quartet rehearsal!!

Jay -- awesome unexpected workout!

KSA -- I met a couple of the old RW beginner's forum folks, but that's it.  But virtual friends are awesome too, even if none of you turn out to be real people! 

TW -- Is this your friend?  Saw this driving down the road a few months ago ...

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Hope's mom--I think you may have found the "you can't use photo bucket to post on RA without paying " link 

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

TammyinGP

Good Morning!

Ran a total of 4.8 yesterday. 3.8 with the XC kids and another mile with my XC dogs when I got home.  Not sure what is on tap for today, but likely some repeats and running the XC course a few times. First meet is 9/21 and it's a home meet. 

This is the weekend I was supposed to run that HM that was cancelled due to terrible smoke. Figures that now we've had clear air for a week and should remain that way. Of course, no way to know that at the time and all predictors said our smoke would be with us until October.  I might have to go run 13.1 miles on Saturday just because.

Tammy

Singer who runs a smidge

Hope's mom--I think you may have found the "you can't use photo bucket to post on RA without paying " link 

Well, poop!!  It shows up for me ...

Suggestions and advice welcome!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

Singer who runs a smidge

Ok, please let me know if my pic is visible, because clearly I am clueless!

...45-min x-bike

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Ok, please let me know if my pic is visible, because clearly I am clueless!

if it looks like a cannon, i can't see it.

Singer who runs a smidge

Eesh.  Well, let me just dig myself in deeper.

Picture a cannon on a trailer being pulled behind a pickup truck.  This picture has been taken at 70 mph from the left-hand lane of the interstate (don't tell anyone!)  The sky is blue, the leaves are green, there's just this cannon heading down the road.

Sorry. 

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Eesh.  Well, let me just dig myself in deeper.

Picture a cannon on a trailer being pulled behind a pickup truck.  This picture has been taken at 70 mph from the left-hand lane of the interstate (don't tell anyone!)  The sky is blue, the leaves are green, there's just this cannon heading down the road.

Sorry. 

I did actually see your picture when I was being a wise guy. However, now there's just an X. 

Marathon Maniac #957

Hope'sMom - too funny about forgetting all that stuff - I definitely have days like that.  As for your picture, no I can't see it.

Re posting pictures here, I post my picture to FB, then copy and paste here, then delete on FB (or sometimes leave it there).  That's the only way I have found to put pictures here.

8.1 miles for me today in 65 degrees.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Hopes - what about your tech?

I seem to be able to copy/paste pictures from my e-mail into RA posts but, after a little while, they're just an "x" too.  Fortunately, as marj did a couple of weeks ago and unlike where posie goes for her skyline photos, there's so many images posted on the internet nowadays by so many people around where I am that I can usually find something pretty much the same to post, e.g. around the Mt. Rainier foothills on Monday.  Unfortunately, not too many, if any, with barefoot runners. .

Five miles with a north breeze dropping temps to the forties (49) for the first time since May but also clearing all the smoke away for views of Mt. Baker 102 miles to the north and Mt. Rainier to the south. I guess I better enjoy it as, with more rain predicted for Sunday afternoon/evening and Monday morning than's fallen in the last three-and-a-half months, I'll find out if I've gotten spoiled by a summer of a record-setting dry spell (56 days), consecutive days over 80-degrees (16), 70-degrees (65), etc.  Fortunately, with a lifetime in the rain that has never stopped me from doing anything, I doubt it.

Speaking of 2C - yes, of course, go to Austrailia.

If you can't speak enough to deliver your paper, let me know.

I'll go most anywhere for a chance to tal, . .. I mean run.

Happy sunny Equinox, Erika.

Sun, yellow birches, to say nothing of the unforgettable fragrance of the rich, dark, and soft soil cushioning the descent down The Chute.  I can still smell it. Just don't test it out too much and fall down.  Have you ever there? Do you try to stay in control?  As skiers, we didn't, and probably couldn't've even if we'd wanted to.  Say hello to Marcie Trent. Way back in our ski racing days when she was my first marathon mentor (and passed me at mile 24 of the first one in 1977), she taught me that running for fitness and fun is just as rewarding as for the competition/  It still is. In fact, way more so every year.  Thanks.  ,

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)